Europa Conference - Mura (A) 25th November 17:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Logged onto Twitter just now

Tweet gave me cancer

Jamie O'Hara is an attention-seeking media hoar.

"was a top 10 Spurs Player of all time"!!!!! WTF is this cunt on about?!

He made just 56 apps for Spurs and scored just 7 goals as a midfielder. He's name-checking Spurs players right now that have done more in half a season at the Club than he managed in his entire 5yrs at the Club, let alone in his entire career.

He's more than in his rights to criticise a poor performance both of individual players and the team but he barely played for Spurs and when he did he was shit, added nothing to the team. But to go in on the players way his is now is out of order. (but his ranting media style seems to have done the job on some Spurs fans who I bet never had to watch him ever play).

He made just 56 apps for Spurs and scored just 7 goals as a midfielder. He's name-checking Spurs players right now that have done more in half a season at the Club than he managed in his entire 5yrs at the Club, let alone in his entire career.

He's more than in his rights to criticise a poor performance both of individual players and the team but he barely played for Spurs and when he did he was shit, added nothing to the team. But to go in on the players way his is now is out of order. (but his ranting media style seems to have done the job on some Spurs fans who I bet never had to watch him ever play).

He's a twat and of course he's not a top 10 player; but what aspect of what J O'H is saying is "out of order"?

Last edited:
He's a twat and of course he's not a top 10 player; but what aspect of what J O'H us saying is "out of order"?
Name checking players that have done more in a Spurs shirt in half a season than he managed in his whole career at the Club. Telling them to "get out", disgrace not worthy to wear a Spurs shirt.

And if I want to get picky, and show just how shit his logic is, he's saying Spurs "should have beat this lot comfortably, they are a pub team etc. etc".. BUT then he criticises players who he says have that exact same mindset as this!!!!! A big part of his rants is that the players thought they could just turn up and beat them, but in the same fucking sentence he's saying "Spurs should have comfortably beat this lot"!!

As I said, he is totally and utterly in his rights to criticise a players for poor performance, it's in his job description but he has to watch the language that he's using, especially if he's not even fit to lace their boots.

Name checking players that have done more in a Spurs shirt in half a season than he managed in his whole career at the Club.

Still not sure what this half season you speak of is?

Telling them to "get out", disgrace not worthy to wear a Spurs shirt.

And if I want to get picky, and show just how shit his logic is, he's saying Spurs "should have beat this lot comfortably, they are a pub team etc. etc".. BUT then he criticises players who he says have that exact same mindset as this!!!!! A big part of his rants is that the players thought they could just turn up and beat them, but in the same fucking sentence he's saying "Spurs should have comfortably beat this lot"!!

The mentality and focuss of a professional player with a job to do ought to be different to that of a fan or pundit.... Perhaps he's talking more like a fan than a pundit, but I'm not sure what you're getting worked up about otherwise....

Objectively we SHOULD have run rings around them last night given the cos and wage-bills of the respective squads.

As I said, he is totally and utterly in his rights to criticise a players for poor performance, it's in his job description but he has to watch the language that he's using, especially if he's not even fit to lace their boots.

To be fair to him his comments have been an accumulation of watching the same 5/6 player fail miserably to step up and seize their chance to impress against inferior oppo right the way throughout this competition (and much of last years EL run too)....... It's not just an isolated response to last night's game.

I took it as him speaking as a fan, rather than just an opinion of an ex-pro. As fans, none of us can lace the boots of any pro footballer, but we can cunt them off all the same because we are doing it relative to their peers (other Premier League footballers or other players at Spurs). And we can especially cunt them off if we perceive them as not trying hard enough. O'Hara was a nothing player for Spurs, but that doesn't mean he is wrong about some of these current players, I agree with him 100% on that.

Still not sure what this half season you speak of is?

The mentality and focuss of a professional player with a job to do ought to be different to that of a fan or pundit.... Perhaps he's talking more like a fan than a pundit, but I'm not sure what you're getting worked up about otherwise....

Objectively we SHOULD have run rings around them last night given the cos and wage-bills of the respective squads.

To be fair to him his comments have been an accumulation of watching the same 5/6 player fail miserably to step up and seize their chance to impress against inferior oppo right the way throughout this competition (and much of last years EL run too)....... It's not just an isolated response to last night's game.
He's criticizing the players for having the attitude of all they thought they had to do is turn up. Whilst simultaneously saying we should have smashed them, IT'S THE SAME THING!!!

If he thinks we should have smashed this team, no problem. If he thinks the players had this attitude, no problem. But it's insanity to argue BOTH!!!!

Name checking players and telling them to never play for Tottenham again that have scored double goals for Tottenham than he has appearances for Tottenham is not on!

I took it as him speaking as a fan, rather than just an opinion of an ex-pro. As fans, none of us can lace the boots of any pro footballer, but we can cunt them off all the same because we are doing it relative to their peers (other Premier League footballers or other players at Spurs). And we can especially cunt them off if we perceive them as not trying hard enough. O'Hara was a nothing player for Spurs, but that doesn't mean he is wrong about some of these current players, I agree with him 100% on that.
If he's picking up a paycheck then he's a pro.

He's 100% in his right to assess a poor performance and call it out for what it was as a collective and individuals in the team, IT'S HIS JOB. He needs to watch his language and who/what/how it's being directed to.

Ratings tonight (No one was good btw)

Gollini - 3/10 Looked frozen for both goals
Doherty - 1/10 Atrocious
Tanganga - 4/10 did ok nothing special
Rodon - 6/10 best defender on the night but distribution poor
Sanchez - 0/10 at fault for both goals and it was the same mistake for both goals.
Sessegnon - 0/10 Did nothing apart from pick up 2 poor yellow cards.
Skipp - 2/10 Was not good tonight. looked all over the place and passing was poor
Ndombele - 3/10 Tried to make things going forward but technique was poor most of the night.
Gil - 5/10 Never stopped running and pressing. looked bright tbf.
Dele - 1/10 Passenger
Kane - 4/10 Apart from his goal and some good crosses he was very poor. His touch was not up to standard today.

Not even going to rate the subs because none of them really did anything.
If u think Skipp was worse than ndombele you eyes must be on upside down. I would have given skipp a 6. At least he cares and tried to get things going unlike Ndombele and dont get me started on that waste of space dele....

He's criticizing the players for having the attitude of all they thought they had to do is turn up. Whilst simultaneously saying we should have smashed them, IT'S THE SAME THING!!!

It's not.

Name checking players and telling them to never play for Tottenham again that have scored double goals for Tottenham than he has appearances for Tottenham is not on!

How many times have we heard from all corners of the game how ability is no good without commitment?

He's questioning their commitment NOT their ability.

Your rage on this point only really counts with regards to Dele anyway..... Besides, I'm pretty damn sure that in other context you'd be arguing that goals aren't everything when it comes to most positions.

Doherty has been awful from the start.... Dav can't get his shit together for more than a match or two at a a time. etc. etc. etc.

It's not.

How many times have we heard from all corners of the game how ability is no good without commitment?

He's questioning their commitment NOT their ability.

Your rage on this point only really counts with regards to Dele anyway..... Besides, I'm pretty damn sure that in other context you'd be arguing that goals aren't everything when it comes to most positions.

Doherty has been awful from the start.... Dav can't get his shit together for more than a match or two at a a time. etc. etc. etc.
He's criticising the players for having exactly the same attitude as him!!! That's insane!

He actually said he would have done better, he actually speaks of himself wearing a Spurs shirt saying he was better!!! He was an absolute clogger!

Every single player he name-checks has a better mentality than he ever had, applied themselves to the profession better than he ever did by playing for their Clubs within their careers today at a higher level than he ever managed, including representing their countries.

The language he has used is totally unprofessional, let alone galling from an inferior player on every conceivable level. But it has done his standing in the game as a knob-head pundit the world of good, probably going after Merson's job, who forged himself out a lucrative career as a pundit meme.

Why are you defending this moron, Bilaricy FC legend?

I don't really get the hate for Jamie O'Hara.
Not sure what he's done to deserve that.

I totally agree he wasn't a very good player, Reminds me of Winks that kind of level.

But he speaks quite well and is clearly passionate about the club, we need more Spurs voices in the media imo.

He's criticising the players for having exactly the same attitude as him!!! That's insane!

He actually said he would have done better, he actually speaks of himself wearing a Spurs shirt saying he was better!!! He was an absolute clogger!

Every single player he name-checks has a better mentality than he ever had, applied themselves to the profession better than he ever did by playing for their Clubs within their careers today at a higher level than he ever managed, including representing their countries.

The language he has used is totally unprofessional, let alone galling from an inferior player on every conceivable level. But it has done his standing in the game as a knob-head pundit the world of good, probably going after Merson's job, who forged himself out a lucrative career as a pundit meme.

Why are you defending this moron, Bilaricy FC legend?

I'm defending the opinion; not the man.

Is this the most embarrassing result in our history ?
It's right up there isn't it?
If we had just played kids in this comp you could wave it off, but as supporters of other teams are saying we had Kane, Son, Lucas on the pitch at the end of that game.

I vaguely remember losing to Port Vale in the FA cup back when it actually meant something and we were still considered to be a good cup side - in the mid to late 80's I think.

But I'm struggling to think of many more....

Back
Top Bottom