EUROPA LEAGUE: Lazio (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh where to begin... Sorry I don't do lots of short posts, only 'war and peace' episodes, so let's get to it.

Lazio - even if their fans were not behind the stabbings, they have been responsible for racism, facism and fairly behaviour on the two games we have played them. There is a problem with Italian Ultra fans, not just Lazio, (if rumours are to be believed some of the attackers last night were Roma fans), the Ultra fan movements hold extreme fascist or communist views, they are violent and don't deserve to be tolerated, they may generate an atmosphere but they go beyond what football is about. I'm sure not every Lazio fan is an insane violent fascist but they have not done well at convincing the world otherwise in the recent games.

The Match - It was pretty dire, passing was limited and our movement wasn't great I thought I counted a record number of throw ins. There were some bright moments from Carroll and I think Walker had one of his best games for a while, great to see Dembele back, we're in a good position to qualify and the result was useful, the performance can be forgotten in a heart beat.

World Peace-ness - Even I, who try never to get wound up, have fallen foul of Sammyspurs and to be fair it isn't just him, you sometimes have to resist reacting because we all want Spurs to win and when things aren't right debate them. A debate is an exchange of ideas not a pissing contest and that's how we avoid this site eating itself. I know you're not perfect even if I am :baletroll:

Goodnight all - Hope our travelling contingent get home safely in one piece.

I'm a lifelong Spurs fan with lots of experience watching the club in Europe. I'm also a journalist. I was deeply saddened by what happened in Rome last night, and angry that it could have been avoided, and that it's the latest in a long line of similar incidents in Rome.
I wrote this blog on this subject, and would be grateful, if you agree with it, if you'd be happy to share it in your own social networking channels, or among other Spurs sites.
http://smallfootballworld.wordpress...hat-are-you-going-to-do-about-your-hooligans/

no isnt true
when I was in London against you, the police were correct and nice with us
there was an horse licking my friend and we laughed together

here in Italy instead, the police is crazy and ridiculous
They are also aggressive with children or old people without getting problems

the man with a Chelsea scarf is probably a Lazio fan
but has nothing to do the fact that we were playing against you, there are every Sunday in our Curva Nord people with Chelsea or West Ham's hats or scarves

Exactly. Your Ultras, for some reason, look up to people like Chelsea and West Ham because of their reputation with hooliganism and racism

I'm a lifelong Spurs fan with lots of experience watching the club in Europe. I'm also a journalist. I was deeply saddened by what happened in Rome last night, and angry that it could have been avoided, and that it's the latest in a long line of similar incidents in Rome.
I wrote this blog on this subject, and would be grateful, if you agree with it, if you'd be happy to share it in your own social networking channels, or among other Spurs sites.
http://smallfootballworld.wordpress...hat-are-you-going-to-do-about-your-hooligans/

You've travelled with Spurs all over Europe yet never seen any trouble? Huh?!?! Must have been in your hotel the whole time :baletroll:

Wait.. So is sammyspurs sammyspurs gone? Who is going to make tons of new threads :(
The funny thing is, I think he thought I was playing bad cop/good cop and trying to troll him with my posts tonight. In fact, I wasn't and they were all sincere. I figured, on two fronts, that after Flav's thread the other day I'd dial my trolling of him back plus trying to have some sort of peace with the theory that we could maybe encourage him to have a few beers with us if he was going to the next 1882 game. It's probably the first time I have managed to troll someone without actually trying to troll them!

Flav's thread is why I've toned down my own debates on here and posted a bit less. Sammy, in contrast, seems to have continued unabated, not picking up the hint, and can't seem to help himself. I don't understand why he's so angry and wants to fight with people all the time.

Oh well, if he's gone, he's gone. This one of, if not the best Spurs board out there. His loss.

World Peace-ness - Even I, who try never to get wound up, have fallen foul of Sammyspurs and to be fair it isn't just him, you sometimes have to resist reacting because we all want Spurs to win and when things aren't right debate them. A debate is an exchange of ideas not a pissing contest and that's how we avoid this site eating itself. I know you're not perfect even if I am :baletroll:
To be fair to sammyspurs sammyspurs there was some shit coming out of other's mouths tonight, especially that Tommy Harmer fellow, who seemed there for an out and out troll and has no compunction about using personal insults. It is temping on ccasions to call someone a fucking twat, but you have to hold back.

Thing is that I have reflected a bit on Flav's thread the other day. While I stand by my opinion in that thread, I think it's worth noting that for a pretty much rules free enviroment, TFC works surprisingly well. The sheer speed with which some of us have met each other and started to maybe become mates at games/cockfests means that there is a reative maturity to the place and a sort of invisible boundary at the moment that tends not to exist on other boards, especially not Spurs ones, where people don't go over the top just because they are behind a keyboard. In a way the board kind of self polices in that way. I think Flav is just trying to preserve that a bit, and while I love a good debate and confess to trolling sammy in the past, I'd rather enjoy that great aspect of TFC and maintain my involvement with you all that lose if for the sake of some internet reputation. It's a shame sammyspurs sammyspurs never saw it the same way as he's clearly not stupid and if he'd met some of us we'd probably all have a good time. He needs to not let his emotions get to him so much.

no isnt true
when I was in London against you, the police were correct and nice with us
there was an horse licking my friend and we laughed together

here in Italy instead, the police is crazy and ridiculous
They are also aggressive with children or old people without getting problems

the man with a Chelsea scarf is probably a Lazio fan
but has nothing to do the fact that we were playing against you, there are every Sunday in our Curva Nord people with Chelsea or West Ham's hats or scarves
Do you reckon that the way the police behave and the freedom fans have to be so violent may have something to do with corruption and organised crime?

Back
Top Bottom