Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Struggling to get interested in this game. Still utterly disgusted by that capitulation against West Ham.

I personally am not that disgusted. Because what are the odds we would have scored an own goal? And Lanzini screamer was just the goal of the season and it came against us.

It's just bad luck

I didn't know we were allowed 12 substitutes and 5 substitutions in UEFA competitions this season. That's great.

I still think it's incredibly stupid how you can only select 18 players for your matchday squad in the PL, Italy are the only country that do it properly, they've had 12 subs for years. Why insist on a set squad list then force us to leave 7 players out on the day of a match?

Seeing people call for Vinny to start, then having nightmares of Vincent Janssen...

giphy.gif

I personally am not that disgusted. Because what are the odds we would have scored an own goal? And Lanzini screamer was just the goal of the season and it came against us.

It's just bad luck

I’m sorry mate, but there’s no justification to losing a 3-0 lead with 9 mins to go. It was a awful capitulation. It happens far to often with this Spurs team to be just bad luck. A severe weak mentality this lot have.,

REALLY!

I can see you trust members of our squad.
Just knacker all our 1st choice players.
Get several hamstrings.
End up playing reserves in Prem.
Finish 6th and no progress.
NO THANKS !
I don't live in some fantasy world where you can make 11 changes and play 3 academy products and win a European match.

Our squad is strong enough to support decent rotation - 6/7 at a time but not complete change of XI.

Especially when you factor in new players still to settle.

Is Bale ready to start considering how off the pace he looked?

You could start Vinicius but he's an unknown quantity and if he's having a poor game we will have to turn to Kane anyway.

The way I see it there's a certain level of quality that has to be on the pitch at all times if we want to avoid the turgid displays we've seen with the likes of Winks/Sissoko/Dele/Lucas as our options.

Having one of Lo Celso/Ndombele on the pitch at all times is imperative.

Having a proper striker is equally so. Vinicius will hopefully take this burden off Kane but I think Mourinho will be looking for a strong start and that's why I can see Kane in the XI.

Lay down a marker, bring Vinicius on for his first minutes when the game is won without the pressure to really deliver and build him up to a start from there.

For contrast I would start like this against Burnley:

Lloris
Doherty Toby Rodon Reguilon
Hojberg Sissoko
Ndombele
Bergjwin Kane Son
Of that XI only Doherty and Toby would be playing the full 90 against LASK. (Aurier could actually come on for Doherty given the 5 subs rule if we wanted to preserve him).

Ndombele would have played 45 mins and Kane 60 or so (maybe less if we have a great 1st half.

That is plenty of rotation.

I don't live in some fantasy world where you can make 11 changes and play 3 academy products and win a European match.

Our squad is strong enough to support decent rotation - 6/7 at a time but not complete change of XI.

Especially when you factor in new players still to settle.

Is Bale ready to start considering how off the pace he looked?

You could start Vinicius but he's an unknown quantity and if he's having a poor game we will have to turn to Kane anyway.

The way I see it there's a certain level of quality that has to be on the pitch at all times if we want to avoid the turgid displays we've seen with the likes of Winks/Sissoko/Dele/Lucas as our options.

Having one of Lo Celso/Ndombele on the pitch at all times is imperative.

Having a proper striker is equally so. Vinicius will hopefully take this burden off Kane but I think Mourinho will be looking for a strong start and that's why I can see Kane in the XI.

Lay down a marker, bring Vinicius on for his first minutes when the game is won without the pressure to really deliver and build him up to a start from there.

For contrast I would start like this against Burnley:

Lloris
Doherty Toby Rodon Reguilon
Hojberg Sissoko
Ndombele
Bergjwin Kane Son
Of that XI only Doherty and Toby would be playing the full 90 against LASK. (Aurier could actually come on for Doherty given the 5 subs rule if we wanted to preserve him).

Ndombele would have played 45 mins and Kane 60 or so (maybe less if we have a great 1st half.

That is plenty of rotation.
Aren't we just falling into the same trap of playing Kane and Son in every game until one of them breaks down again?

If you aren't giving Vinicius a go in games like this I'm not sure why bother buy him in the first place.

Bale is also only going to increase his fitness by playing. Dele also needs minutes.

I agree, go strong, and don't take LASK for granted, but we also need to be giving minutes to squad players.

Back
Top Bottom