Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like a side that play 3-4-3, and don't even have a natural right back in their squad?
Expect us to use the width, and hammer them if I'm honest 7-0 type job.

Hart
Aurier Sanchez CCV Davies
Sissoko Dele
Lucas Bale Clarke
Vinicius

Clarke to have us all sitting at home singing "taxi for Ranftl" after a 2nd half hat trick.

Would rather have Kane and Son as subs, to be used only in an emergency.
I have a feeling - no evidence mind you, just a hypothesis - that chucking your best players on with half an hour to go to desperately chase a win is probably more stressful for them physically and emotionally than simply starting the game and playing for 45-60 minutes. But, as I say, I have no evidence at all to back it up. It's just a hunch I have: something that swirls around in my mind sometimes during the 18 hour conversations with myself that constitute my life. :p

Hart, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Doherty, Sissoko, GLC, Alli, Lamela, Bale, Vinny

I want to see Alli starting this match and recapturing his form, with the right mentality he could be important this season as a creative outlet because frankly when you look at our midfield options only GLC, Tanguy and Alli can pick out that killer pass. We need the midfielders sharp, creative and confident to feed the all star attacking line. And on a side note, can’t bloody wait to see more from Gareth.

Struggling to get interested in this game. Still utterly disgusted by that capitulation against West Ham.
You still can't get over Brexit and that was nearly a year ago - you need to start letting things go - shit happens put it behind you and focus on the positives

Spurs 10 v LASK 2 .... now that's entertainment, bring it on

[FORMATION=4231, Hart, Doherty, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Ndombele, Lamela, Dele, Bergwijn, Vinicius][/FORMATION]

Bench: Lloris, Whiteman, Aurier, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Clarke, Lucas, Bale, Son, Kane

Wouldn't surprise me if Sissoko plays instead of Tanguy to save him on the weekend but depends if GLC is ready to start come the weekend too. Also don't think Bale is even ready to start in the Europa yet, so give him a bigger spell (35 minutes) this week and then another 25 or so on the weekend and continue to get him up to speed. Hopefully a big win coming up.

Think this is a perfect game for bale to start, he won’t start against Burnley, give him 60 minutes here and some football in his legs

Vinicius nailed on to start aswell, excited to see his thuggery

We know that at least 7 or 8 starters today won't be on the team sheet on Sunday.

Of last Sunday Sissoko, Alderweireld and Aurier are at threat for Burnley in my opinion so I think they are likely to play.

Sanchez obviously as well but probably as no choice but Davies may be alongside him.

Hart
Doherty Toby Sanchez Davies
Winks Ndombele
Lamela --- Dele --- Lucas
Kane
Toby and Sanchez start again because we have no one else. I can't see a Davies experiment at CB with Cirkin at left back - maybe we will throw an academy centre back into the mix? Centre backs don't run that much so the need for a rest is overstated imo.

Fullbacks rotated and Winks in for Hojberg.
Ndombele came off early last game and will need to play at least 45 mins before being subbed for Lo Celso
Lamela in on the right.
Dele and Lucas should be fresh options.
Kane to tie it all together and ensure we make a good start.

Subs:
Lo Celso for Ndombele - 45 mins
Bale for Lamela - 60 mins
Vinicius for Kane - 60 mins.

This management lark is pretty easy.

Hart
Doherty Toby Sanchez Davies
Winks Ndombele
Lamela --- Dele --- Lucas
Kane
Toby and Sanchez start again because we have no one else. I can't see a Davies experiment at CB with Cirkin at left back - maybe we will throw an academy centre back into the mix? Centre backs don't run that much so the need for a rest is overstated imo.

Fullbacks rotated and Winks in for Hojberg.
Ndombele came off early last game and will need to play at least 45 mins before being subbed for Lo Celso
Lamela in on the right.
Dele and Lucas should be fresh options.
Kane to tie it all together and ensure we make a good start.

Subs:
Lo Celso for Ndombele - 45 mins
Bale for Lamela - 60 mins
Vinicius for Kane - 60 mins.

This management lark is pretty easy.
REALLY!

I can see you trust members of our squad.
Just knacker all our 1st choice players.
Get several hamstrings.
End up playing reserves in Prem.
Finish 6th and no progress.
NO THANKS !

We know that Sanchez is starting. Could this be an indication that Bale and Doherty also starts? Or are there no relations between that type of pictures and starting elevens historically?

Back
Top Bottom