European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on. How can they (VAR) take only a minute to decide if it was a handball? In PL we take at least 5 minutes.

Yeh... Where's the showmanship and tension building?

You'd never have time for an indignant Gary Neville monlogue in such a short space of time either......

Game's gone.

Winning your opener isn't for everybody.

Happy World Cup GIF by Three Lions

He's battling with the player. He's tried to hold him off and the opposition players strength pushed his arm forward which then touched the ball. Very very harsh is he supposed to not try to defend the ball.

That team reminds me SO much of the past England Golden Gen (Gerrard & co.)......

They're in their Hodgson's first Euros stage of that golden generation. Their WC semi final was when they were in the peak of it, aka probably when we went out to an incredible Brazil side ... like us, they had a good team but France had a better one.

Now the stars are creaking with some retired, and you're getting the Gary Cahill level types creep in to the team.

I snapped the guys leg from a challenge but I didn't mean to snap his leg so it doesn't count.

Clown logic

…. except for the fact that the handball rule explicitly says ‘deliberately’ :levyeyes:

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger […]

…. except for the fact that the handball rule explicitly says ‘deliberately’ :levyeyes:
Wrong.

When it comes to handballs leading up to goals, deliberate or not is irrelevant.

• scores in the opponents’ goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

Back
Top Bottom