European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s
1) the exact rule I quoted earlier
2) the exact rule quoted in the 2021 clarification
3) a rule that literally says it’s only a foul if the player who handles the ball scores.

English is my 2nd language - what’s your excuse for not being able to read?
Some of us foreigners read pretty good innit

That’s
1) the exact rule I quoted earlier
2) the exact rule quoted in the 2021 clarification
3) a rule that literally says it’s only a foul if the player who handles the ball scores.

English is my 2nd language - what’s your excuse for not being able to read?

Erm, no it fucking doesn't.

The rules make very clear that a) Intent does not matter in attacking handballs and b) if you score immediately after a handball whilst making silhouette bigger, the goal can be disallowed for handball. What, do you think if you accidentally slapped your hand in to the ball for an assist they wouldn't be able to disallow it?

Again, I'll feel like a broken record here but the FIFA qualified official who knows the rules very well explained this pretty eloquently straight after the goal was disallowed. I imagine she knows the rules a little bit better than you do.

Some of us foreigners read pretty good innit

Well, let’s test your abilities.

Please read the following sentence:

It is an offence if a player scores in the opponents’ goal immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

Does that mean:

A:
It is an offence if a player scores in the opponents’ goal immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

or

B:
It’s fucking handball if anyone touches it with their hand and the team scores at some point FFS what don’t you get, I think some FIFA ref said it on the telly, IDIOT

Well, let’s test your abilities.

Please read the following sentence:

Does that mean:

A:

or

B:

What are you struggling to understand about the phrase "IF A PLAYER SCORES" here? It doesn't say "If THE PLAYER WHO HANDBALLED IT SCORES" it specifically is vague and refers to "A PLAYER" as in if somebody scores in the aftermath of the fucking handball, it can be disallowed. Regardless of whether he meant it or not if he made silhouette bigger.

Its really fucking obvious and really fucking worrying that you think the official who went to the screen AND the official who knows the rules inside out both have less understanding of this basic concept than you do.

You can't either contribute or score a goal if you've used your hand in build up and its judged to be advantageous, regardless of intent. It's really that fucking simple.

What are you struggling to understand about the phrase "IF A PLAYER SCORES" here? It doesn't say "If THE PLAYER WHO HANDBALLED IT SCORES" it specifically is vague and refers to "A PLAYER" as in if somebody scores in the aftermath of the fucking handball, it can be disallowed. Regardless of whether he meant it or not if he made silhouette bigger.

Its really fucking obvious and really fucking worrying that you think the official who went to the screen AND the official who knows the rules inside out both have less understanding of this basic concept than you do.

You can't either contribute or score a goal if you've used your hand in build up and its judged to be advantageous, regardless of intent. It's really that fucking simple.

I see a whole lot of writing not related to the rule.

Answer me this simple question:

What/who does the word “their” refer to in the rule (before “hand/arm”)

Answer me this:

What/who does the word “their” refer to in the rule?

If a ball touches their arm and then a player scores, it can be disallowed.

You say English is your second language so maybe you don't understand the concept that "a player" could refer to any of "their" teammates.

You can't assist OR score with the benefit of a handball which is not deliberate but deemed to be advantageous. This is the last time I am typing this sentence.

If a ball touches their arm and then a player scores, it can be disallowed.

You say English is your second language so maybe you don't understand the concept that "a player" could refer to any of "their" teammates.

You can't assist OR score with the benefit of a handball which is not deliberate but deemed to be advantageous. This is the last time I am typing this sentence.

Please answer the question.

Just got changed ready for the big match...

80782-oktoberfest-lederhosen-mens-international-fancy-dress-costume.jpg

Please answer the question.

I just did. You're done. Like others have said, you're having a mare and deciding to deflect and now completely deny the initial point.

I'm bored and everyone else is likely bored of reading it. You're wrong and refusing to admit that and I'm not going to smash my head against a brick wall trying to get you to say otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom