European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lobotka = Quality.

Someone who'd be absolutely perfect for us.. If only he was a few years younger and was at a club that was easier to deal with than Napoli...... Then Chelsea'd probably get him.. but those stories of us monitoring him would be exciting for a few hours at least

Lobotka = Quality.

Someone who'd be absolutely perfect for us.. If only he was a few years younger and was at a club that was easier to deal with than Napoli...... Then Chelsea'd probably get him.. but those stories of us monitoring him would be exciting for a few hours at least

We were linked with Lobotka 6 years ago!

Reminded me a bit of Modric when he was at Celta. Would have been exactly what we needed back then.

Wrong.

When it comes to handballs leading up to goals, deliberate or not is irrelevant.

• scores in the opponents’ goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

Try again.

Hint: that’s the goalscorer only

“wRonG” :ledley:

Try again

No, you're just wrong. This was explained loads in the build-up to the season so I'm not sure how you're managing it tbh.

If you handball it in the build up to a goal and it is viewed as being advantageous at all, it is handball. It doesn't matter if you mean it or not, that's been the case for ages. The FIFA qualified official literally explained this to you on the commentary of the goal itself.

They changed the has to be deliberate rule like ... a year ago.

In fact, the rule as written, specifically mentions that intent does not matter: the phrase "when a player has made their body unnaturally bigger" notes that players take calculated risks with certain movements, even if not done with the intention of handling the ball. The rule reads: "by having their hand/arm in such a[n unnatural] position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

Furthermore, in the final section, the rule adds the language "even if accidental" to clarify that any unnatural touch with the hand/arm, whether intentional or not, should be penalised.

So in summary, intent does not matter in judging handball offences, and should not factor into an official's decision regarding a handball offence. The only time intent comes into play for a referee's decision would be whether to send a player off for deliberately handling a ball to prevent a goal.

In fact, the rule as written, specifically mentions that intent does not matter: the phrase "when a player has made their body unnaturally bigger" notes that players take calculated risks with certain movements, even if not done with the intention of handling the ball. The rule reads: "by having their hand/arm in such a[n unnatural] position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

Furthermore, in the final section, the rule adds the language "even if accidental" to clarify that any unnatural touch with the hand/arm, whether intentional or not, should be penalised.

So in summary, intent does not matter in judging handball offences, and should not factor into an official's decision regarding a handball offence. The only time intent comes into play for a referee's decision would be whether to send a player off for deliberately handling a ball to prevent a goal.

You can just let me know when you’re done being wrong about everything…

Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.

Moron.

You can just let me know when you’re done being wrong about everything…

Moron.

Haha you've posted an article from 2021 despite the rule change coming RECENTLY which literally fucking indicates the opposite! And then you've called me a moron, despite objectively being wrong, which (again!) the FIFA QUALIFIED OFFICIAL THEY USED literally told you!

One of the biggest examples of "I'd rather insult the other person than admit I've made myself look silly" incidents I've seen on the forum, and that's saying something.

Accidental handballs which lead to goals can still be disallowed. Just accept it with ce and move the fuck on after this post, rather than continuing with that hole.

Haha you've posted an article from 2021 despite the rule change coming RECENTLY which literally fucking indicates the opposite! And then you've called me a moron, despite objectively being wrong, which (again!) the FIFA QUALIFIED OFFICIAL THEY USED literally told you!

One of the biggest examples of "I'd rather insult the other person than admit I've made myself look silly" incidents I've seen on the forum, and that's saying something.

Accidental handballs which lead to goals can still be disallowed. Just accept it with ce and move the fuck on after this post, rather than continuing with that hole.

No, the rule was in place until 2021 - why do you think they made an article about changing the rule? How dumb are you?

Oh look the actually updated page from IFAB outlines the rules in 2024. What a shock.

Oh look the actually updated page from IFAB outlines the rules in 2024. What a shock.

That’s
1) the exact rule I quoted earlier
2) the exact rule quoted in the 2021 clarification
3) a rule that literally says it’s only a foul if the player who handles the ball scores.

English is my 2nd language - what’s your excuse for not being able to read?

Back
Top Bottom