European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, on this, definitely. He sounds like a dick. He was saying the ref didn't give it so why should VAR look at the handball. Ignoring the fact the ball hits his hand on the other side of the player to where the ref is standing. It's not rocket science to realise the ref didn't give it because he didn't see it clearly and knows if it is handball, VAR refs will flag it and let him have a look.

Missed the point there Blakey.... I don't agree with Ange but he wasn't taking umbrage with her like the handful here were.

You mean because she explained why the calls were correct and not the way you wanted them?

I can find it all annoying regardless of the speak and spell manner in which the rules are explained.

Ange, Wright, Keane and the presenter all found it perplexing - they must all be thinking exactly the same - they must all have secretly wanted Denmark to win. Is that what you mean?

One day you'll get your wish and we won't have refs at all, just an AI computer giving instant decisions.

I believe football is never black and white and I don't think the technology is good enough yet to be giving these kind of decisions.

If you know anything about frame rates and a general mathematics of speed Vs 25 frames per second, you realise that these calls that give someone onside or offside by a toenail are all just shams and actually bollocks guesswork based on the technology available to them.

There's a reason why the 100 metres olympic final has 1000 frames per second cameras to decide a dead heat.

So sorry - the decisions aren't as right as you think.

And I think it's your own emotions that are closing your judgement - I couldn't give a fuck who won out of Germany v Denmark. Just don't like the way a really good match was killed off by a (to me at least) bollocks decision.

But as I said earlier - you think the Sissoko decision in the Champions League Final was a clear cut deserved penalty whereas I don't.

The rules say it was - I just don't like the rules.

Don't worry, England are going out way before we'd meet any of these two teams anyway.

The bird ref has just explained the handball perfectly.

The block is subjective because it may be a foul but is rarely given. Why? Because it's allowed to be subjective. Are you telling me that's the first block there's been at this tournament? How many have you seen given.

You are completely missing my point or being disingenuous. I'm not arguing against it being a foul. I'm arguing that the Germans had more to complain about than the Danes. Offside is automated. Crystal clear.

And you are missing my point - that what Kimmich did is a foul and should always be called as such. If the ref misses it VAR shouldn't.

Even the Germans didn't kick up a fuss about it. Why are you?

Too blatant that some are still just choking on the fact:

1. She's a yank
2. She's a woman
That's you saying that - that's your own bias

Everyone who replied outrage said

"she this"

"she that"

I didn't even mention her 'gender' when I said I found it annoying.

But if it makes you sleep better, I'd have found it just as annoying if

a) She was a 'bloke'

and

b) she was from fucking Mars

So sorry old chap, you're wrong on both counts trying to make it out as some anti American anti woman thing.

see post #8282 as to why I find it annoying - but if you can't be arsed to read it then the TLDR is that the technology isn't good enough to be able to make the 'offside by a toenail' decisions.

That's not emotion, that's just maths.

He might be a 'dick', but he's our dick.

Moose GIF by Sony Pictures

Back
Top Bottom