European Premier League Talks In Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't see them having 6 clubs representing one country in a 18 team league.

I mean it's possible but there would be a number of clubs across Europe that would argue they should be involved.

Like Celtic.

:mourlmao:

This is what they were trying for with Project big picture, these people have no shame.

I don't think they realise that the Premier league is the biggest draw worldwide, nobody wants to watch a poxy European super league.
Not even United or Dipper fans judging by their forums.

the government needs to get involved and stop them ruining the game.
I genuinely don't think these two(and i suspect a few others) will give up until they have their closed shop cash cow.

The article refers to it as : expected to comprise up to 18 teams, and involve fixtures played during the regular European season.

It would need to home and away otherwise its not really credible - which means you basically need two full teams to play this and PL

It's min 68 game season even if PL drops to 18 teams and no cups

Utd and Liverpool need to be careful what they wish for

The foreign fans are fickle and support whoever is successful......if Utd were in a European league right now they would be like Fulham, the fans would stay for a while but then slowly drift to the teams at the top

I genuinely don't think these two(and i suspect a few others) will give up until they have their closed shop cash cow.

As much as I love Americans, they are lovely people by and large
This reeks of their Sporting franchise culture, as you rightly say its all about creating a closed shop of multi billionaires and fuck the rest.
I really hope Spurs decline if offered.

It all becomes clear now, the big picture offer to bail out the lower clubs had this in mind, and the idea is basically a one off payment for clubs to sign their own death warrant paying them off to impose an unbreachable ceiling on them where they can never ever join the big boys.
It's also about stopping the "new money" from gatecrashing the old guard.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:
As much as I love Americans, they are lovely people by and large
This reeks of their Sporting franchise culture, as you rightly say its all about creating a closed shop of multi billionaires and fuck the rest.
I really hope Spurs decline if offered.

It all becomes clear now, the big picture offer to bail out the lower clubs had this in mind, and the idea is basically a one off payment for clubs to sign their own death warrant and impose an unbreachable ceiling on them where they can never ever join the big boys.
It's all about stopping the "new money" from gatecrashing the old guard.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.
I was going to say similar, but didn't want to offend the Americans we have on here.

Another step towards an NFL format with no promotion/relegation.

Why is FIFA getting involved? Surely this is a UEFA matter only?
I suspect FIFA will be top heavy with Americans in a few years, and the NFL module is probably the way they will want to go. Smash the opposition now(UEFA) makes it easier in the long run.

Last edited:
Anyone else sick of these people yet? They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. It is NOT a coincidence that American owners are the driver for this, they have zero affiliation with the history and socieital importance of club European football. Id not watch it. I'd switch to watching and following Dulwich Hamlet.

Back
Top Bottom