Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Positives:

I thought Aurier played well. He'll be ridiculous next match, but he was good on the ball today. Poch clearly rates him. I thought Sanchez was ok. Ndombele looks really good, but we need to get him further up the pitch.

Dele scored.

How to assess?

Another lost lead, another performance lacking in getting that 2nd or 3rd goal. We simply cannot finish games off, especially on our travels.

Players short of confidence, a manager hoping for a turnaround more than creating it.

It's better than a loss and losses batter confidence so it's positive in that regard.

Good to see Sessegnon and Lp Celso nearing full fitness but they will take time to bed in or we risk aggravating weak muscles.

This season is all but a write-off so it is partly damage limitation and partly building for next season in my eyes.

Whether that is with Pochettino or whoever fcuk knows but whoever comes in has to build upwards from strong mentality.

I want to slag off the players but what for.

When the manager isn't putting his players in a position to succeed, it's hard to be angry with them. 10 out of the 11 today looked like they were trying, but once again, it didn't seem like there was a game plan.

Go out and run. Make something happen.

Our goal was a gift, zero creation.

Why Dier or Winks weren't brought on for Eriksen as soon as we went down a man is beyond me.

Poch talks about protecting new and younger players, but throws Sess on with 1 minute left in a very odd and hostile game? For what?

I'm not sure what happened to Poch, but he's not the same person or manager from 2 seasons ago

Yet Maupay was happy to smack it into the net for Brighton, with Lloris's arm at a right angle from his elbow...
Why will Son need counselling and other players not so...? Are they SO evil they can play on in the face of such horror...?
Because Son was the instigator of the injury? Lloris just landed awkwardly.

I once saw some guy have a heart attack after playing squash: nothing to do with me whatsoever and also total by-product of the sport. Shook me up for weeks afterwards.
Now, if he’d been playing me when that had happened? I get why Son is so devestated: I also get why the club might not appeal the card - some things ARE more important...

That game was an embarrassment to the level of football played in the Premier League, to the quality of refereeing expected and to the correct use of VAR.
I could pick holes in what I saw all night but Poch's decisions regarding who he takes off, leaves on and substitution timing has reached a new level of absurdity.
Ryan Sessegnon deserves an apology. I feel so sorry for Son, never a red card and that will affect him deeply.
We take a point in a game football needs to try and forget very quickly but also learn many lessons from.

All joking and whining aside the reality of the situation is that the team is in trouble. Confidence is low, we cannot keep clean sheets, cannot create. Yes we have talented players but they are nowhere near turning that talent into points and wins on a consistent basis. It's very sad tbh:pochcry:

We can’t win the league this season and it’s an uphill battle for 4th. Why not atleast prepare for next season and go through these struggles with players that have a future with us. Stop playing Aurier, Eriksen, Sissoko, Rose, maybe Alderweireld/Vertonghen.

Gaza
KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies
Winks - Skipp - NDombele
GLC - Kane - Son

This team will struggle especially defensively but atleast they’ll fight and it’ll prepare them for next season

When the manager isn't putting his players in a position to succeed, it's hard to be angry with them. 10 out of the 11 today looked like they were trying, but once again, it didn't seem like there was a game plan.

Why Dier or Winks weren't brought on for Eriksen as soon as we went down a man is beyond me.

Poch talks about protecting new and younger players, but throws Sess on with 1 minute left in a very odd and hostile game? For what?

I'm not sure what happened to Poch, but he's not the same person or manager from 2 seasons ago
Totally agree about the Dier and Winks situation: perhaps the terrible play of Everton for the first 70-75 minutes suggested they weren’t going to do anything? Strange decision, definitely.

How to assess?

Another lost lead, another performance lacking in getting that 2nd or 3rd goal. We simply cannot finish games off, especially on our travels.

Players short of confidence, a manager hoping for a turnaround more than creating it.

It's better than a loss and losses batter confidence so it's positive in that regard.

Good to see Sessegnon and Lp Celso nearing full fitness but they will take time to bed in or we risk aggravating weak muscles.

This season is all but a write-off so it is partly damage limitation and partly building for next season in my eyes.

Whether that is with Pochettino or whoever fcuk knows but whoever comes in has to build upwards from strong mentality.

I want to slag off the players but what for.
You're forgetting the bit where we couldn't keep possession for more than 30 seconds throughout the entire game.

Because Son was the instigator of the injury? Lloris just landed awkwardly.

I once saw some guy have a heart attack after playing squash: nothing to do with me whatsoever and also total by-product of the sport. Shook me up for weeks afterwards.
Now, if he’d been playing me when that had happened? I get why Son is so devestated: I also get why the club might not appeal the card - some things ARE more important...

Son wasn’t the instigator? If anything Aurier was and if anything Gomes hurt himself

I agree mate.

What to do? Sack him. Sure. But who stands out?

Very very few at present in truth.

Just seen a picture of the break it's fucking awful his ankle is legit at a 90 degree angle
As was Lloris's arm... I don't see any of OUR fans asking for counselling... or indeed Brighton allowing us to equalise AND play out a diplomatic draw... fuck us. They went for the fucking jugular!

can't have it BOTH ways!

Back
Top Bottom