Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I've changed my mind on this. I don't think he is blind, at all. He's either trying to prove a point to Levy or he's forcing Eriksen to play when he doesn't want to, to spite him.

There has to be someting going on here, which is nothing to do with football.
exactly, this is nothing to do with football. most probably a means to a goal of 30 mil

I’m just gonna through in a positive point because let’s face it, there isn’t that many now but Deli has scored 2 in 3 now and they’ve been 2 very important goals. I’ve noticed that he’s running a lot more, closing down players and getting into the mix a bit more. A far cry away from 2 years ago but perhaps being dropped from the England squad was the kick up the arse he needed.
hes running yes, but his game is league 1

Don’t know about Eriksen, my point was I see him more of an impact sub than a starter. I like Lucas btw.

There was a moment today which summed up why we struggle with Lucas. We managed one of our only moments of incisive football and it was 4 on 4 with Son on the ball. He ran straight towards the goal, dragged back and Lucas' run into the box was rendered useless.

We have no one that actually drags the ball our wide and hits the ball across the penalty area for a player like Lucas. In fact, it's often what we hope he will do for Son and Harry, only he's not very good at it.

I personally think he'll be a great player with commanding FBs crossing the ball effectively, but we're just not that team. What he certainly can't do is hold up the ball with defenders on his shoulders. If that's what we ask of him, he will always fail.

Oh come on, he was killing time, not Sessegnons reputation
I know Mick but the lad must have thought he'd get more than 60 seconds. It's not his reputation at stake here but the motivational aspect for him. Consider what he may have been like coming on for half an hour with a genuine chance to impress, far better than watching Eriksen lumber around.
Imagine him telling his family/friends he'd been named in the squad for today and that's how Poch lets him make his debut..... as a 101st minute sub....nice one Mr.Manager.

Last edited:
Honestly think Poch has lost the plot now.

Really bizarre lack of changes. So obvious Moura and Eriksen were playing shit. So obvious we needed a bit of steal that last 15 mins. Dier? Winks even? Nah, let's bring Sess on for his debut for a minute!

We are in a very bad way. Relegation form. Can't create, can't defend, weak mentally, list goes on

I don’t think he’s lost the plot at all

This is quite deliberate

When he first rocked up here I didn’t want him as he had never won anything

I was mugged off into supporting him as the team had a couple of good seasons despite him and still they bottled it and that’s down to his loser mentality

He’s showing his true face now dragging us down to further his own interests and Levy is as bad for not sacking the fraud

Eriksen putting his house up for sale and telling the club he was off regardless of the result probably didn’t help. Might explain why Poch started acting up with his comments about leaving etc if they won. I suspect Eriksen + Toby + Jan is behind a lot of this, but it’s no fucking excuse either way
then its up to levy and joe to sort it, and dont be nice about it.

Eriksen putting his house up for sale and telling the club he was off regardless of the result probably didn’t help. Might explain why Poch started acting up with his comments about leaving etc if they won. I suspect Eriksen + Toby + Jan is behind a lot of this, but it’s no fucking excuse either way

Why is he still playing them?

To keep faith in players who have made it clear there leaving is crazy, especially when one of them is massively out of form.

I will always love poch (unless he goes to the scum or chavs) but he doesn't seem happy. Something has changed and he isn't the same manager that he was.

The decisions his making, the grumpy press conferences, the ridiculous statements all point to someone who wants out.

But why? His paid handsomely and adored. That worries me. If his been undermined (which I suspect he has) so much that his lost confidence in himself and the club then simply getting rid of him wont solve the problem.

I think THINK that his gone a bit Billy big bollocks and demanded certain players and levy has totally non delivered over a period of time. Now once his finally got the players he wants it's all a bit too late and the relationship between pretty much all levels has broken down.

Everyone is at fault. Levy for yet again being an absolute nightmare in the transfer market, poch for being a moody prick who talks too much which has now effected the dressing room and lastly the players who have no excuse for performing as badly as they are.

Were in trouble. I've been waiting and waiting for Poch to start getting back to his old self but it's not happening. If we sack him you can see United snapping him up or God forbid the scum although I'd like to think Poch would never ever do that. But if we keep him then how much rope does he need before he snaps out of it.

Are athletico still struggling? If so I still like the admittedly fanciful thought of a Poch /Simeone swap.

1) We played the ball out nicely from our own penalty area in about the 25th minute. Eriksen, Ndombele and Sissoko. Eriksen then slightly overhit the pass to Moura.

2) Dele's finish was nice.

Other than that, absolutely fucking abject.
I would imagine there is a very, very large drink waiting on a Merseyside bar for Alex Iwobi courtesy of Dele Alli. :thumbup:

Mick, he could have used someone else to kill time. This was the boys debut.

Sess, remember when you made your debut in the game where Gomes fucked his ankle? When Chris played for 100 minutes and did nothing?
But his first touch was an important defensive header. It’s pro football, not sports day. I bet he was delighted to get on and make a small contribution.

Last edited:
EIeD_uZWwAEMKdg
Either a very bad dislocation or worse, a nasty compound fracture. The latter might end his car
It was accidental... which is what made the Red even worse... it insinuated that it was deliberate... which it wasn't...
You could see by Son's expression he was shocked and devastated... yet a red card implicates him 100%
Aurier was the 'force' which broke his leg... it was fucking awful...
I just wonder why when our player snaps his arm in 3 directions, WE don't have the wherewithal to 'win it for him'... yet the sense of injustice the Everton players felt, made them doubly determined to at least equalise, and had there been much more time left, probably win.

I guess OUR players are just heartless cunts who care more about someone else's player than their own.
We went to shit against Brighton... and we had 87 minutes to put that right...

Yet today, the MOMENT the injury happened (AND the board for 12 minutes injury time went up) you just KNEW... fucking KNEW They would equalise.

I'm not a betting man, but I'd have put my remaining Kidney on them scoring once the injury happened.
you're other kidney made a very nice breakfast!

I don’t understand how son got a yellow, then only when the extent of the injury was known was a red issued. Can’t book based on the outcome but the intent and challenge. That’s unless var said it was a straight red. Very harsh. I only saw it once and in that split second it looked like a cynical trip from son then one hell of a clatter from serge. For me having not watched it back I feel the force of that second impact is worse than the trip. It’s bizarre to say the least

Regardless of all else that happened today (and that's quite a lot) can someone from the "Poch In" camp please explain to me (without insult or wit) one thing please.
What was the rationale (from both a tactical and player motivating point of view) in putting Ryan Sessegnon onto the pitch to replace Eriksen after a game that had lasted 101 minutes in total and had just sixty seconds remaining :thumbdown:
I'll take it but first let me point out the error/fallacy/problem with this line of thought/questioning. Just because someone favors a certain position doesn't mean they must mindlessly defend or attack every decision. I'm starting to see that this is a common mindset. Reason and logic have no side so even PochOuters can look for justification in his choice. Being able to evaluated other sides of arguments is a hallmark of intelligence.

Now, that said, I fucking well can't see any reason within the typical range of substitutions. Just like I can't see any reason for Christian Eriksen to continue to get preferred minutes...or any minutes at this point. It seemed like there were many reason NOT to put Sessegnon in this game. Maybe Poch wanted him to soak up the passion.

Back
Top Bottom