Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? So the CL games against Dortmund, City and Ajax were not decent? The start of the year, when we had an injury crisis but still picked up points? There were some huge performances. Come on, be fair. Yes, this calendar year has been tough. But you have to look at the bigger picture of what the club has manoeuvred through post-WHL. We’ve evolved immensely. Poch has played his part. In my view, he deserves backing. In certain others’ view, he doesn’t.

We had a great second half at Ajax true mainly thanks to Lucas who then got dropped but the other three halves we were shite

We had a great second half at Ajax true mainly thanks to Lucas who then got dropped but the other three halves we were shite
As proud as I was with our exploits in Amsterdam , that home match against Ajax was an abomination of a performance

We need an away win to kick start some sort of a run of form. We pretty much had it in the bag at Leicester, but we blew it. Brighton (who were on an awful run of form and in the relegation places) should have been that away win, but we all know what happened there. A win tomorrow could well give a bit of a domino effect. Avoid defeat in Belgrade in mid week and we're pretty much through to last 16 there. Sheffield United at home next week, they're going well for a promoted side, but two positive results leading into that would put us in good stead. Spammers away are next, they're suddenly in rotten form, no win in 5 and then its Bournemouth at home.

A win tomorrow is imperative though. We've won 7 drawn 3 of 10 league games against Everton under Pochettino and won 2-6 there last season and 0-3 the season before. They look a marginally greater shambles than us form wise and manager wise at the moment. This fixture has been close to a banker for a good few years now. If we can't win it, we really are in trouble.

Defeat is unthinkable. A draw is just more limbo and not of any great use really.

I've just read this article, here's a snippet :

"It's important not to put too much responsibility on the new signings," he says. "They have come to give the team certain qualities, but of course we also understand that they are young players who have to adapt, and who, in Lo Celso and Ndombele's cases, have come from abroad, from different leagues. The priority is adaption more than performance.

Link Mauricio Pochettino interview: Searching for new Spurs formula

Do hope that's not an indication for the team announcement later today ....

He then went on to say again about how it would take a season and a half to get them up to speed LOL.

Honestly I want us to win tomorrow because I am worried about a relegation fight but I just know if we do win then you will get some screaming to back Poch.

Everton are shit, if we win it means literally nothing, if we lose then we have lost to one of the shittest teams in the league which would just be further evidence he needs to go.

Basically the result tomorrow changes nothing in regards to my opinion about the manager.

images

Gold saying H is out, which is as close to the club confirming it as you will get, so I think we can take it he’s out.

Watch us win tomorrow now and the “We play better without Kane” brigade return with a vengeance.

Gold saying H is out, which is as close to the club confirming it as you will get, so I think we can take it he’s out.

Watch us win tomorrow now and the “We play better without Kane” brigade return with a vengeance.

Or just a simple case of being forced to find another system, we play well, win, people say Poch is a genius but when Kanes fit we go back to the diamond, play shit, lose and people say it’s not Pochs fault.

Sammy, you seem to want to be spokesperson for the whole bleeding world. Look how often you post. And look at the length of your posts. You can’t cope with - or respect - different views. You seem to spend a lot of time ranting away on an internet forum, over and over again. Surely not healthy?

Nobody is claiming to have enjoyed Colchester or Brighton. But you don’t judge a manager over a couple of months. And we’ve had a good few years under Poch, with cracking home and away days both domestically and in Europe, and sustained progress on both fronts too.

We don’t agree on Poch, which is fine. Adults can reasonably disagree, normally without descending into meltdowns and insults. But, again, it’s a free country: take pleasure in whatever makes you happy.
But you have not once entertained the notion that someone who doesn’t go to games is sitting there being all positive and someone who goes to every game thinks we are a shambles and wants Poch or Levy our.

What makes the happy clapper sofa fan a better fan in this scenario?

There is no “us the hardcore”.

Ask 50 away fans what they think and you’ll get as many opinions as you do in here.
Belittling people for being on a forum and not going when some of those people actually agree with you.

And defending a whole bunch that go, when some don’t.
Get over yourself.

No 2nd striker at a club our size shows up Pochettino as not knowing what an efficient squad needs.

If Kane's out he is out. It happens.

The crime is not having a proper 2nd striker. An act of irresponsibility as far as I am concerned.

But you have not once entertained the notion that someone who doesn’t go to games is sitting there being all positive and someone who goes to every game thinks we are a shambles and wants Poch or Levy our.

What makes the happy clapper sofa fan a better fan in this scenario?

There is no “us the hardcore”.

Ask 50 away fans what they think and you’ll get as many opinions as you do in here.
Belittling people for being on a forum and not going when some of those people actually agree with you.

And defending a whole bunch that go, when some don’t.
Get over yourself.
Haven’t belittled anyone mate. Of course there are a mixture of views among our core support. As I’ve said, grown ups can reasonably disagree. But you chose to rant endlessly all over this forum. For me, now is the time, as it is in life when things get difficult, to stand up and be counted. Poch, Levy and our squad have taken Tottenham to an unrecognisably different place to 5 years’ ago. Again, for me, they should all be backed, lauded and supported as we rebuild what will hopefully be another exciting team. Enjoy the game.

Back
Top Bottom