Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

----------------Gazza----------------
Foyth---Sanchez--Verts-----Davies
--------Ndombele--Sissoko--------
-------------------Alli----------------
---Son---------------‐----------Lucas-
------------------Lamela-------------

Lamela dropping deep allowing Alli to make unmarked free runs into the box for the win.

Mate, with respect you and anyone else.

If Pochettino still believes one sout and out striker at a club our size is enough to bring success he needs to get the fcuk out. It's stupidity.
An interesting and oft repeated mantra - I think we understand your view now. I suppose it really depends on what you mean by 'out and out strikers', surely not the Shearer, Giroud or Lukaku models?
But how many 'out and out strikers' do Manchester City have? And Liverpool? And Barcelona? And Real Madrid? And Bayern? And Juve? You get the point - teams these days don't need more than one 'out and out striker', and often don't play with even one anyway, because that isn't the way the game is played anymore. Even Man Utd didn't replace Lukaku like for like when he left and let's face it, they'll pay big money for anything with a slight pulse. It's in midfield where games are won and lost these days - Liverpool and Man City have both concentrated on strengthening their attacking midfield and wing positions, which negates the need for a target man (which I have assumed is what you mean by an out and out striker). Sadly our midfield is lacking at the moment - particularly central and defensive midfield, and that's where I think we need to improve. We have the players - but for whatever reason they just aren't playing.

Lucas up top, son on the left and Lamela (is he fit?) on the right. Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sissoko in the middle with lo Celso potentially playing CAM if it's 4-2-3-1 rather than 4-3-3

Fuck it.

Gazza
Foyth - Tanganga - Sanchez - Davies
Ndombele - Skipp - Lo Celso
Dele - Parrott - Son

Last edited:
Pretty sure Poch ruled Lamela out due to injury in fridays press conference.
When and how did he get injured again ffs.

-------------N'dombele----Sissoko-------------
--------Lo'Celso------Eriksen-------Son------
-------------------------Dele-------------------

Ideally i wouldn't start Eriksen but with the injuries I feel we have to on this occasion and hope he shows up.

Just checked and yes Lamela is out with a thigh problem...
From the bbc preview...

Tottenham left-back Danny Rose serves a one-game ban after accumulating five yellow cards.
Jan Vertonghen's hamstring problem will be monitored, while Erik Lamela again misses out because of a thigh injury.

Just checked and yes Lamela is out with a thigh problem...
From the bbc preview...

Tottenham left-back Danny Rose serves a one-game ban after accumulating five yellow cards.
Jan Vertonghen's hamstring problem will be monitored, while Erik Lamela again misses out because of a thigh injury.

If only we signed a LB!!!
Oh wait

I’d only we signed an AM!!!!
Oh wait

If only we had 4 CBs!!!!
Oh wait

errrrrr if only we kept Janssen!!!!
LEVY OUT!!!

Crazy start to what I reckon will be a crazy day...

This result could be ANYTHING!
Impossible to call...
I'm not even daring to guess...

But I'm still daring to dream...
Daring to do...

TODAREISTODO ...Dgga-dgga-dum!

Back
Top Bottom