Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Lloris, Kane or Jan, who will be Captain. Not a lot of choice and none fill me with confidence.
Who will take penalties. Again none fill me with confidence but we probably will not find out
If Eriksen does not play who will take free kicks and corners. All the usual alternatives out, no Trippier, Rose, Lamela, Kane.
From considering this a must win game I am starting to think I would take 0-0 now. Then I remembered our defence is crap. So Son and Moura better make sure if they get a chance they score.
Bloody depressing isn't it.

Winks or Son as captain.
Davies on corners.
Son or Lo Celso (if starting) on freekicks

Just going to be honest, I don't see the hype behind Winks at all, tidy player and works his arse off, no denying that at all but I don't see what he does to influence games?

He is very safe, doesn't take many risks and slows our play down massively, people say the same about Sissoko but at least he drives the ball forward and creates chances for us, I don't see Winks doing that or if he does it's not as often.

Winks is a good player to have off the bench to tighten up a game imo, that's about it.

He certainly shouldn't be ahead of Ndombele based on what I have seen so far.

If he hadn't played Kane in the final he would be getting crucified by the whole country including those banging on about Lucas.

1. He didn't have to START Kane.

2. Having decided to start Kane, Alli should never been on the pitch starting ahead of Lucas.

The handling of that final - all-round - will forever be a stain on Poch's tenure for me.

However long he lasts from here.

Absolutely unforgivable.

If he hadn't played Kane in the final he would be getting crucified by the whole country including those banging on about Lucas.

The whole world knew that Kane wasn’t fit. No way on earth that he’d recovered from an ankle injury just weeks before, and certainly wasn’t match sharp. He’d have been more effective playing from the bench.

Poch showed he has favourites and played them all that day. Form and merit, not to mention common sense, all fucked off.

So Kane is out, we are playing one of the 5 worst teams in the league right now (not that it matters really) and additionally one of our OOC centre half's and our seriously out of form Left back are out too. So a little bit of a shake up of personal is forced upon us, which is a good thing as I doubt it would happen if not for injury & suspension......
Let’s see how this shakes out.
I expect the usual high energy from Son and would expect Ben Davies to be really out to impress, with Gazza also trying to keep his shirt long term, I’d be tempted to give Alli the armband to try and motivate him, considering fuck all else has worked to this point, and for the love of god Poch if the likes of Sess & Parrott are in the squad then fucking use them.....

Two questions will be answered today, 1, if we do see an energetic performance does Poch stick with it moving forward and 2, if it’s the same old dross then why are we persisting with this current set up.

Heart says 0-2
Head says 3-2

Jan, Erik & Harry out sucks!

Want:

Gazza II
Foyth / Toby / Dav / Davies
GLC / Dier / Ndombele
Lucas / Parrot / Son​

Expect:

Gazza II
Aurier / Toby / Dav / Davies
Winks
Sissoko / Ndombele
Eriksen
Dele / Son​

Or just a simple case of being forced to find another system, we play well, win, people say Poch is a genius but when Kanes fit we go back to the diamond, play shit, lose and people say it’s not Pochs fault.
Your obsession with the diamond is just plain stupid. You do realize that last season, we used the diamond formation numerous times, with Harry Kane, and blew teams away.
In fact, have a little look back on Everton away last season, a game we won 6-2, and tell me what formation we played.

Back
Top Bottom