Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If ever there was a situation when a red should get overruled after the match this is it.

I'm sorry Gomes is injured and really hope he makes a speedy and full recovery...... But none of that is on Son.

Sloppy challenge but the real damage was done when Gomes studs get caught miles away from Son and he cracks his ankle.....

Gomes studs don't get caught and the challenge isn't even a yellow.

Just hope that he makes a full recovery.

They didn't show the replays because they were too gruesome, but am I right in thinking that Aurier broke Gomes' leg?
No, it was caught in the turf as he went between Son and Aurier.
Everton should lose points for the way their staff and support campaigned for Son's dismissal, and Atkinson should never referee again.
We also all know that VAR is a failed experiment.

edited 22:54 - see below near bottom for additional comment.

Poch’s actual comment on the red card appeal”

“I don’t know what will happen. The club will see if it’s possible or not. We cannot change what can happen after.”

what he should have said

“absolutely, as horrible as the injury is, it is not a red card. The referee gave a yellow. We all saw that. And then upgraded it to a red. That is not within the spirit of the game and must not be allowed. I defend my player 100%, it is not a red”

What he could have said

“Fuck me am I lucky? That red card gives me and my staff another place to hide from the reality that we just puked in the face of the history of Tottenham yet again, and this joke decision gets me another couple of hundred grand this coming week, happy days”.

what he should say tomorrow

“thank you Daniel for the millions, for the house at the training ground, for the hotels, for the stadium, for the good times. but I am certainly not up to the job and I am off”

what will be said

“blah blah fucking blah”

edit - I believe in being fair and having listened to Poch’s full comments I am going to back him on this and I accept the snippet I quoted is not justified in that he does say a lot more in defence of Son.

as for the rest of what I said, meant as humour but also relating to how I feel, I’ll stand by that...but am a lot less angered now.

Last edited:
They are trialling and erroring the rules as they go along. Last season we saw fouls given for unintentional handballs, this season they have changed it, next season they will change something and so forth until they can say ha, imtold you this will work.

It will be about a decade of pathetic, confusing football before they either pull the plug or miraculously find their solution. I never thought it would kill the game but it really does, in more ways than they will ever accept. The game is imploding from the inside out, it's really rather painful to see and all the fans d players will continue to be confused whilst this multi billion pound organisation continues to make things up off the cuff. No wonder stadiums are half empty in large quarters of the game.
Yep, football’s in a mess at the moment. Ticket prices (for us certainly) VAR, football tourists, dubious technology in the hands of incompetent officials. Sit down, shut up, fuck off. What a shame.

To a certain degree it used to be our game - it is no longer. Poor bastards paying £80 a game just to be extras in some corporate bunfight refereed by robots. Nah. Not for me.

Ndombele needs to start every league and CL match. Lo Celso needs to be the first sub off the bench or starting. Davies needs to be first choice until Sessegnon is fit. Sanchez and Foyth need more time on the pitch. Eriksen needs to be on the bench and Toby and Jan need to be rotated heavily.

These should not be controversial decisions. The squad is healthy. No reason not to make these decisions now.
Totally agree with all you say except for the highlighted bit. Don't want Eriksen within 100 miles of Merseyside this weekend thank you.

The hardcore have enjoyed some pretty immense away days season after season under Poch thank you very much. Culminating in the City and Ajax matches last season. Didn’t realise you equated that with being bum fucked, but it’s the 21st century so enjoy whatever makes you happy. We’re proud of you.

You seem to be spokesperson for thousands and thousands of fans.
Odd.

We all enjoyed Ajax......if you and “The Hardcore” thinks I’m going to sit here and wank one off when we lose to Colchester though you’re having a laugh.

Going to lots of games doesn’t mean you have the copywrite papers to who can moan about what and when.

Sick of this “I go to away games so you’re a cunt” mentality. Climb out of your arse.
Going to a game is literally.

Buying a ticket
Getting on a train or plane
Going into a stadium

You’re not special. Woolwich TV are hardcore away fans too. So fucking what, the biggest bunch of absolute nobs you’re likely to ever see.
I’ve been to Spurs home and away and met cunts, as well as good fans.....and likewise in the bars.

I couldn’t give a fuck who is “hardcore”.

Pay a small fortune to follow the club over land and sea and then sit there crying because someone is pissed off because we’ve taken 2 pts away from home in nearly a year.

Go home on the train singing Hes Magic after getting fucking hammered by Brighton?
Nah mate, I’d think you’re a fucking idiot.

More fool you. Well done.

Last edited:
You seem to be spokesperson for thousands and thousands of fans.
Odd.

We all enjoyed Ajax......if you and “The Hardcore” thinks I’m going to sit here and wank one off when we lose to Colchester though you’re having a laugh.

Going to lots of games doesn’t mean you have the copywrite papers to who can moan about what and when.

Sick of this “I go to away games so you’re a cunt” mentality. Climb out of your arse.
Going to a game is literally.

Buying a ticket
Getting on a train or plane
Going into a stadium

You’re not special. Woolwich TV are hardcore away fans too. So fucking what, the biggest bunch of absolute nobs you’re likely to ever see.
I’ve been to Spurs home and away and met cunts, as well as good fans.....and likewise in the bars.

I couldn’t give a fuck who is “hardcore”.

Pay a small fortune to follow the club over land and sea and then sit there crying because someone is pissed off because we’ve taken 2 pts away from home in nearly a year.

Go home on the train singing Hes Magic after getting fucking hammered by Brighton?
Nah mate, I’d think you’re a fucking idiot.

More fool you. Well done.
Just to be clear, are you Poch in or out?

Release Parrot from his cage

You-nicely-forcefully-usher-your-guests-out-door.gif

With everything else it will get lost in the analysis and memory so I'd just like to state that Richarlison is a massive cunt and if VAR was been used properly he'd have been off for persistent diving.

You can complain all you want but Son lashed out at a player needlessly (which he has done before) causing his ankle to turn backwards.
This comment has got to be up there for most ridiculous of all time.

It actually makes the comments in the Brexit thread look like PhD dissertations.....

On pitch management was terrible. When will we see Lo Celso and Ndombele play toghether, why is our manager so blind when dealing with Eriksen, how are you disrespecting Sessengon debut by subbing him on the last minute. The most depressing thing was how horrendous Everton were, and we still couldn't get a result.

A tricky one to reply: I agree with the logic, but ends up being a bit classless to appeal a card that

Played with no cohesion at all today: all taking away from one another?

It's never a red and whilst I do get what you're saying, absolutely we need to think of Sonny. If we don't appeal it the very least I expect is a statement explaining that we have reviewed and don't see Son as being to blame and due to the moral reasons we don't want to get into something worse than what it is so we have agreed that wishing Andre Gomes well is more important than fighting Sons case.

I'm actually sitting here fuming that Son will get heat for this. Gomes actually elbowed him in the face minutes earlier which was far more reckless than a clip of the heels. The ending circumstances of no broken cheekbone anda broken ankle will tell a completely different story and that is hugely unfair on Sonny.

I say we fight it as anyone with half an idea about football can see Son did what any other footballer in the game has done, he just got unlucky that Gomes got caught a step after it happened with his footing. No way a red but Gomes' health also important. It's a tough one to call as Sonny will get heat and stick for this now and that comes from the referee buckling to the red.

I hope this ends the the stupid "should have played Moura in the CL final" bollocks once and for all.

Harry Kane is not perfect, and never at his best when rushed back from in jury, but I'll take him on one fucking leg over Moura leading the line all day.

Just fuck it off. It’s solved nothing. 3 minutes 10 seconds, and 32 replays to establish whether a ball flicked a player’s hand - which didn’t affect the game anyway - is just kids playing with a train set.

I preferred it when we all bundled into the pub after a game and discussed why the referee was a cunt. Now games take 2 hours, nobody has a scooby, and we have to direct our angst at some faceless drone locked into a shipping container near Heathrow. It’s like the Sweeney on a budget.

Back
Top Bottom