Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son red card – Absolutely. If you break a guy’s ankle it’s a dangerous tackle; intentional or not.

Son penalty – Nope. Son again with ridiculous simulation throwing his feet out as he fell over. Had he just stumbled and tried to get to the ball, the ref may have given it. But as the reply showed; he was doing his best Neymar impression.

Ali penalty – Debatable. The arm didn’t really alter the flight of the ball or put Everton at any particular disadvantage.

VAR – A complete shambles and I believe intentionally so. The ref’s have clearly made a pact to ensure It is deemed a failure as they see their job being ‘outsourced’. Since the footage is often slowed down; why aren’t they using high speed cameras??? Should be 900 FPS. My phone produces better slow-mo that VAR.

It is now a race for top 6 for us; we need to ensure Europa qualification for next year to increase chances of ECL the following year. There is a slim chance that Leicester/Chelsea will drop form; but that also requires Spurs to start winning home and away.

I do wonder if Kane, Son have contract clauses allowing them to be sold if we don’t qualify to ECL.

It wasn't Son's tackle that broke Gomes's ankle mate.

Positives:

I thought Aurier played well. He'll be ridiculous next match, but he was good on the ball today. Poch clearly rates him. I thought Sanchez was ok. Ndombele looks really good, but we need to get him further up the pitch.

Dele scored.

Yeah I I didn't see it, but Atkinson had a yellow out and then on the walk over put it away for the red one.
That's not how it was.

Firstly, Atkinson went to Son and showed him the yellow card for the tackle (correct decision). He then went over to the prostrate Gomes, saw the injury, turned and walked back to Son (who was absolutely distraught by now) and got the red card out of his pocket.

He assumed, incorrectly, that Son had caused the injury.

VAR should have corrected him, because it was a clear and obvious error by Atkinson. VAR is shit.

If he hadn't played Kane in the final he would be getting crucified by the whole country including those banging on about Lucas.
It's the football version of Whack-a-Mole for the internet age, right across the board.

Manager picks A. Social media howls "Why didn't he pick B for fuck's sake?"

Manager picks B. Social media howls "Why didn't he pick C for fuck's sake?"

Manager picks C. Social media howls "Why didn't he pick A for fuck's sake?"

giphy.gif

I am convinced that Poch is trying to get his 30 mil pay off

There is no other explanation for playing either Dele or eriksen right now

So here's the issue. Gomes suffers an injury and Atkinson quite literally sends our player off after seeing how bad the injury is, which completely changes the dynamics of this match and has now potentially cost us points. I'm sorry but that's fucking criminal from the ref. He's sent a player off and instead of VAR getting involved because of some stupid backwards rule, it's now changed the match completely. We should have 11 on the pitch here. Fucking bullshit
It’s incredible. If he had waited and given a red, it would be the wrong call but ALMOST understandable. When he gives the yellow first, then sees the injury and changes it to red, that’s just a complete travesty. The Premier League has some serious explaining to do this week.

EDIT: Son can’t be given a ban here.

Rumours that VAR told Atkinson it was a red as the outcome shows it was a dangerous challenge.

If that's true just ban all contact and make it like basketball every challenge has the potential to cause any injury like that. See Mason's injury or Cechs should Terry have been sent off for that?

Fucking backwards logic and awful officiating

Just fuck it off. It’s solved nothing. 3 minutes 10 seconds, and 32 replays to establish whether a ball flicked a player’s hand - which didn’t affect the game anyway - is just kids playing with a train set.

I preferred it when we all bundled into the pub after a game and discussed why the referee was a cunt. Now games take 2 hours, nobody has a scooby, and we have to direct our angst at some faceless drone locked into a shipping container near Heathrow. It’s like the Sweeney on a budget.
We're going to get to a point where fans will be going home not knowing the match result and finding it out on the ten o'clock news after all the VAR analysis has been done. It really is being totally mishandled.

Everton 2-0 Spurs

“next game is CL, not really a measurement game. Lose to Sheffield Utd he should go”

Spurs 0-1 Sheffield Utd

“they had 11 men behind the ball, hardly fair on us, West Ham will tell us more”

West Ham 4-1 Spurs

“window 2018 Id give him one more week or he should go”

Spurs 2-6 Olympiacos
“PL is priority can’t judge”

Spurs 1-3 Bournemouth

“who do you want Eddie Howe, there is no one, let’s see what happens by Christmas”

Poch thinking...

Son is deadly on the left, so lets start him on the right
Lucas is a winger so lets play him up top
Dele is best sitting behind the striker so we'll start him left
Eriksen hasn't done fuck all, so we'll just keep playing him

This is how we'll win

Poch should get the fucking sack, I am sick of watching the club I love regressing like this, 10 points off the top 4 and 5 points off the drop, pathetic.

Don't talk to me about circumstances and the red card or the injury, none of it matters, we have a manager that is actively harming us at this point, putting players like Eriksen on the pitch is an insult as well.

POCH OUT.

Back
Top Bottom