Everton Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertonghen after the game on Belgian television was pretty funny , they said he had a superb game to which he replied , thanks but Left back really isnt my thing. I sometimes hate being able to play on multiple positions (he plays at LB too for our NT). This is not the first time he replied a bit annoyed at his LB position. But credit to him , he still gives all he can

Pretty surprised to here that, you'd think the way he was playing he would love it there. He beats players, can put in assists and nearly scored a goal at the far post from the corner!

Pretty surprised to here that, you'd think the way he was playing he would love it there. He beats players, can put in assists and nearly scored a goal at the far post from the corner!

His legs are getting tired i think , he doesnt like the constant running and lacks pace when he is face with natural wingers. He can be a world class central defender , at LB he'll always be good but not world class

His legs are getting tired i think , he doesnt like the constant running and lacks pace when he is face with natural wingers. He can be a world class central defender , at LB he'll always be good but not world class

Does he have a brother or twin or anything? IMO we need to buy a left back in the transfer window, makes so much difference when we have a decent one.

Hopefully that was one of he's last games at LB for a while with Rose coming back.

How irritating are Everton fans by the way?
I noticed this last season but it was worse on Sunday.
They scream and appeal for absolutely everything. They sing one song for about three seconds and then start appealing and booing again.
Fucking annoying cunts.

How irritating are Everton fans by the way?
I noticed this last season but it was worse on Sunday.
They scream and appeal for absolutely everything. They sing one song for about three seconds and then start appealing and booing again.
Fucking annoying cunts.

You should have seen the reaction you used to get from them during the late 80's when we started waving notes at them from the top deck of the bus from Edge Hill to Goodison

loadsamoney-o.gif

Everton fans, as has been pointed out, have been like this for decades. As I said before the match they claim for everything.
Going to Everton in the 70s was one scary trip I can tell you, but while the violence has diminished the same sense of entitlement and the world's against us, hasn't.
To be fair to Everton, at least they moan and whinge at the opposition and the ref, and probably gain two or three points a season in doing so. Many of our fans love to moan and whinge at our own players, and probably cost us two or three points a season, including those much sought-after CL places more than once.

Perhaps the 'masters of moanery' at the Lane could use their undoubted skills in negativity by turning them onto the opposition?

But he is still whining like a girl about it.

Publicly.
And now this gets neg repped. That's 2 more whining bitches.

Just imagine if each 11 players were interviewed after the game, and each of them whined about the position they played in.

btwI love the big fella

Despite the fact I'm sure he was only talking about how he will do what he has to for the team but would prefer his centre back position, it is still ill advised to talk this way, purely because of the way the press will spin it up.

I didn't see the Everton game so I feel strangely alienated from Spurs this week. I'll Try to make sure that doesn't happen to me again.

Everton fans, as has been pointed out, have been like this for decades. As I said before the match they claim for everything.
Going to Everton in the 70s was one scary trip I can tell you, but while the violence has diminished the same sense of entitlement and the world's against us, hasn't.
To be fair to Everton, at least they moan and whinge at the opposition and the ref, and probably gain two or three points a season in doing so. Many of our fans love to moan and whinge at our own players, and probably cost us two or three points a season, including those much sought-after CL places more than once.

Perhaps the 'masters of moanery' at the Lane could use their undoubted skills in negativity by turning them onto the opposition?
right on grevesi its a scally tradition passed from father to son where there s blame there s a claim

Back
Top Bottom