Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should be a good motivator.
DNN2lYwX0AAEVfx.jpg
SAF's half time hair dryer treatment would be a breeze compared to Big Dunc's dud ah ever show yous fit I did tay the idiots that tried to burgle ma hoos

SAF's half time hair dryer treatment would be a breeze compared to Big Dunc's dud ah ever show yous fit I did tay the idiots that tried to burgle ma hoos

I thought he sounded like Spud from Trainspotting when he was on MOTD.

He's probably one of the last people I would have thought to be management material from his playing days; he was usually either drunk or suspended and I think he even did a bit of time in one of Her Majesty's Prisons. I'm glad Everton have got their man though and I wish him and Everton all the best.

In one of the other threads it was said that Everton aren't a big club. I disagree with that. 9 times league champions, one of only six founder Premier League clubs not to have experienced relegation (although they've had a few close shaves) and they have only missed 4 seasons of top flight football since 1888. That kind of record has got to count for something.

He's probably one of the last people I would have thought to be management material from his playing days; he was usually either drunk or suspended and I think he even did a bit of time in one of Her Majesty's Prisons. I'm glad Everton have got their man though and I wish him and Everton all the best.

In one of the other threads it was said that Everton aren't a big club. I disagree with that. 9 times league champions, one of only six founder Premier League clubs not to have experienced relegation (although they've had a few close shaves) and they have only missed 4 seasons of top flight football since 1888. That kind of record has got to count for something.
Anyone who says Everton aren't a big club is either a red Scouser or doesn't know the history of football.

Anyone who says Everton aren't a big club is either a red Scouser or doesn't know the history of football.

Too true, the new middle class spectators have only been watching since Sky.

Their grasp of football history is sketchy to say the least.

Everton, despite no trophy for 25 years, is still one of our great clubs.

To call Everton a great club nowadays is playing hard and loose with the word great.

Nowhere near the traditional top six, well behind Leicester. Top ten in size in England maybe, but great? No.

In the lead up to the PL, Sky and all the stuff that modern footie fans take for granted, there was a top 5 -
Spurs;
United;
Liverpool;
Everton
and the Goons.

It was United's good fortune that their peak years under SAF coincided almost exactly with the massive increase in money and global exposure of the PL. Liverpool's decline started in the late 1980's, bad timing.

Everton had some great years in the mid-late 1980's but again fell away at the wrong time. I've never understood why Howard Kendall left when he did. Maybe the Evertonians here know? Colin Harvey seemed to be a great coach but never made a good manager.

We blew it because that scumbag Scolar bankrupted us just as the PL was about to form. Sugar with his dead hand never had the vision. What a time to be a middling club occasionally flirting with relegation. Urgh!!

Kendall was before my time, I was only around for his third time. Which was shit.

Everton are like Forest, Leeds and Wednesday, but without the 'being in the Championship' bit. At the moment anyway.
Anyone else hoping Ferguson gets the gig full time just for the banter?

Would never happen, but imagine his reaction to Jurgen bouncing around the touch line like a demented Zebedee at the next derby?
It would be priceless. Their fans are upset with Ferguson for celebrating and acting like he's faking it which is bullshit, his love for Everton is genuine. He's not the kind of guy who courts the press. He does a lot for the club in the community, he visits fans and all sorts and he's given a hell of a lot back. He's living the dream right now.
That explains Schneiderlin turning up for once.

He was very unlucky to go to jail. After headbuting someone on the pitch. Basically if he was a rugby player they'd of bought him a pint.

Just in time for a new manger bounce vs Arse (just in case the Big Dunc effect was fading). :freund:

Back
Top Bottom