Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was suggesting Tanganga at RCB, with Romero in CB, and Dier/Sanchez at LCB.

He wasn't a liability on Thursday night, but was awful against United, abysmal in his brief cameo at Palace where he kept losing his man, and has also been suspect in our two ECL losses so far.
He's totally past it, and frankly I don't want to see him start another PL game for us ever again.
Neither of them are fucking left footed or have played left back.

What time is it where you are?

Not a fan of the 3-4-3 and certainly don't want to see Davies out there, but it is early so Conte should get time to figure out what he wants.

I hope after January and he can bring guys in we will see the 3-5-2 that suits us much better.

It’s a team selection based on Conte’s preferred formation but certainly not personal, that part he can’t do a lot about right now…..
It’s how he manages the team throughout the 90mins that will be interesting to watch…

I think he will react quickly to problems and not wait, and I’m pretty sure he won’t replace the best player (on the day) if he’s chasing the game, unlike him who we shall not mention….

Also, Kane…Hope he scores a hatrick of course, but if it’s normal Kane of late I’d love to see Conte have the balls to set an example to others and drag him off….

I don't think you have to be left footed, or have to have been a left back, to play LCB in a back 3.
I would prefer Rodon at LCB to Davies too.

Easier to transition from defence to attack when you have players who play on their stronger foot so Davies makes sense particularly when you need to play out from the back.

Davies playing again it’s an obvious sign that conte wants a left footed center back in January. Really thing we go for romagnoli. Solid player and ending his deal, so cheap.
Not to relitigate a debate I've had on another thread, but Romagnoli's form has been poor and hence he's been dropped for Tomori and Kjaer. It's not a Kessie type situation where his contract is running down and Milan want to extend it.

If he's struggling in Serie A, how will he do in the PL? We are struggling for non-HG spots in our squad (at limit), so if we buy one, it has to be someone we're certain will be good enough. Surely there's better left footed CBs out there?

Not to relitigate a debate I've had on another thread, but Romagnoli's form has been poor and hence he's been dropped for Tomori and Kjaer. It's not a Kessie type situation where his contract is running down and Milan want to extend it.

If he's struggling in Serie A, how will he do in the PL? We are struggling for non-HG spots in our squad (at limit), so if we buy one, it has to be someone we're certain will be good enough. Surely there's better left footed CBs out there?

Better left footed CB's that are available in January and that we can afford with all the other moves we need?

He is a clear upgrade on many of our foreign CB's- Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Rodon- so bring him in and move on one of the worse CB's to deal with the HG concerns you have.

Better left footed CB's that are available in January and that we can afford with all the other moves we need?

He is a clear upgrade on many of our foreign CB's- Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Rodon- so bring him in and move on one of the worse CB's to deal with the HG concerns you have.
i would wait and get pau torres alot better

Back
Top Bottom