FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
It's because I believe that a large majority of the people who are taking the time to vote that Everton will will are doing so just out of spite, and not due to some deep rational thinking process. That poll could say any team from any division and people would still say that Spurs are going to lose. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am entitled to mine. You may disagree.

Everton are ahead of us in the table with a game in hand, already beat us and are at home (although that obviously doesn't have the same impact as normal.)

If this was the Marine poll I would agree. There a lot of legitimate reasons to think that Everton will win. At best it is a 50/50 game.

What manner of fuckery is that. We can’t win without Kane, Sanchez might as well be wearing an opposition shirt for all the use he is at the back, Davies can’t deliver a decent cross despite having ample opportunity, and Vinicius still doesn’t start even without Kane.

Can't complain too much - keeping Ndombele next to Hojbjerg is great to see, especially with Kane on the bench. Nice to see Dele available as well.

It's a good move actually. Ancelotti probably prepared his team to face a Spurs team with Kane dynamics. The majority of his pre-match preparation is going to be meaningless.
And then Ancelotti hears about Kane now not starting so he changes his strategy in the dressing room build up.. only to find that we unleash Kane in the 10th minute of the game.. confusing their players even more. Genius!!

Last edited:
If we struggle to score I imagine Kane and Dele will come on for Lucas and probably Bergwijn, but I think having the extra attacker up front with Ndombele as an 8 will help a lot.

What manner of fuckery is that. We can’t win without Kane, Sanchez might as well be wearing an opposition shirt for all the use he is at the back, Davies can’t deliver a decent cross despite having ample opportunity, and Vinicius still doesn’t start even without Kane.
Rather points to the flow of the game dunnit? Seriously considering a dog walk about 8.20

If we struggle to score I imagine Kane and Dele will come on for Lucas and probably Bergwijn, but I think having the extra attacker up front with Ndombele as an 8 will help a lot.
That never seems to work. Too little, too late. By the time he brings goalscorers on we've already lost.

Edit: omg I'm melting already!

It's a good move actually. Ancelotti probably prepared his team to face a Spurs team with Kane dynamics. The majority of his pre-match preparation is going to be meaningless.
Ha...... I bet now that they've seen Kane isn't starting... They're really scared......

The old "fool them by not playing our best team" trick.

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom