FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
Hm. I wonder if Dele is still feeling his injury or whether we're seeing a legitimate reason that Jose hasn't been playing him. It's impossible for us to know, unfortunately.
Legitimate reason for me. Looked like he didnt want to be there. At least try hard if youre lacking sharpness. Ye know, look like you give a fuck about the club thats paying you 100,000 grand a week.

I think lloris should have saved 3 of them

I would argue 4

The DCL one was right at him awful keeping

The Pen was shit and wasn't even in the corner he just sold himself

Both the goals from tight angles could have been prevented with him covering the angle better and a stronger hands

After a brief resurgence in form he's gone downhill again

If we continue this then I can see high scoring games from here on out. Totally against the Jose approach.
On the flip side you can argue that teams won't score with practically every shot they get.
Exactly. It's difficult to criticise the approach based on the result when Everton put on a finishing masterclass tonight. I can't imagine Spurs will come up against more than a few teams more clinical on the night all season.

We fucking dominated most of it though and on another day, probably could have won the game 5-1.
We controlled it for just over half an hour, then had 10 minutes of shame, after which it was pinball. Our players are not good enough to play this open game. We’re too error prone and lack genuine quality all over the pitch. Hi

I fucking HATE graphics... and xG goals predicted (while we're at it)

Did we win...? NO... did the graphics make any difference to the score line?? NO...
did xG expected Goals per quadrant quarterback co-efficeint wankyourMumstitsoff ACTUALLY equate to the final scoreline....? I imagine not!

We lost 5-4... in a cunt of a game that everyone EXCEPT for Spurs fans are gonna hold up as a "bastion flag bearer for the magic of the FA Cup" (and you can quote me on that!)

Tonight's match is gonna get replayed and REPLAYED in years to come.... and we're just gonna have to suck it up, 'cos it's yet another reminder of how we fell short when it really mattered!

The final score is all I care about... the fact we had more corners tonight than we probably did in the entire 1993/94 season only makes it worse! the fact we scored from 2 of them and still lost only compounds the anguish!

fucking hell Spurs, what have you done to us?

Honestly, if we try and play openly like this against City, it could be a 6-0 defeat. Why are so many people pretending this evening was a success? We looked OK going forward, dreadful in defence, shambolic errors at key moments all over the park... and fluffed too many chances. This is not a blueprint for success.
I don't know how our attacking had anything to do with the goals.

1) Turnover outside our box, shot Lloris should save.
2) Poor clearance by the CB and a highly unlikely goal, happens
3) Pen
4) Foul on Ndombele, and a shot Lloris should save.
5) Defense was in position, good ball over the top, their best goal by far and deserved.

None of those were caused by overloads are too many men forward or anything like that.

Honestly, if we try and play openly like this against City, it could be a 6-0 defeat. Why are so many people pretending this evening was a success? We looked OK going forward, dreadful in defence, shambolic errors at key moments all over the park... and fluffed too many chances. This is not a blueprint for success.
100% agree. Shows how bad our players are when even jose cant stop the defensive blunders

We controlled it for just over half an hour, then had 10 minutes of shame, after which it was pinball. Our players are not good enough to play this open game. We’re too error prone and lack genuine quality all over the pitch. Hi

We started with 3 of our strongest back 4 missing. We started without our best player and Lloris had an off day.

It happens.

That was the most I've enjoyed a Spurs game in what feels like years. I'd take this over losing to Everton 1-0 tonight and showing barely any offence.

Can’t complain about our intensity from the outset, good press and movement compared to previous weeks and slick passing gave us back our old style of Spurs. Then Dele, Sissoko and Winks come on and revert to the slow and lazy way of playing in previous weeks and drag us back down. Winks loses the ball and then had two more opportunities to pounce on the attacker and make amends but he chose to back away from man and ball and cover an empty space, that isn’t good enough.
Overall nowhere near as disappointing as recent loses, as it was a good game and could have gone our way, especially if we had Reggie and GLC available. Reggie would have started and GLC coming on as a sub with full intensity and I think we would have won the game.

We started with 3 of our strongest back 4 missing. We started without our best player and Lloris had an off day.

It happens.

That was the most I've enjoyed a Spurs game in what feels like years. I'd take this over losing to Everton 1-0 tonight and showing barely any offence.
Lloris is having a lot of off days lately

Back
Top Bottom