Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I might want the most fantastic looking woman in the world.

Doesn't mean I will make much progress in that department.

Sharer always said he wanted to win .... but what he won was being top scorer in PL .... no team titles or cups

I think you wanting the most beautiful woman in the world and Kane wanting to leave Spurs are slightly different levels of realism.

Its great that Shearer did something, Kane is not Shearer.

Modric and Bale both had great personal success with Spurs both left. If we are using random players as examples of what can happen those two seem to have more relevance.

I am not sure that the teams that Kane would potentially go to- City, Chelsea, United, PSG are the only legit ones I can see maybe Bayern- are really affected by Covid like a normal club might be. They try and use that to negotiate but as we see with the Sancho discussion for 95m that the top players will still cost top level prices.

This year what will help Kane's value is that it appears Mbappe is staying at PSG and Halaand is cheaper next summer so he could be the only legit star forward out there. Plus it appears there is a potential need for both Chelsea and City to get him before the other one.

From our perspective if it is basically a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he wants out then better to move on now when all the changes are happening anyways and the expectations are rock bottom. Although I also could see them wanting to keep him so he could artificially prop up the team and then use him leaving next summer as a excuse for a bad 2nd season for Fonseca.

I have no idea why you think it is a foregone conclusion.

I'd suggest its certainly a possibility, but not a certainty

I have no idea why you think it is a foregone conclusion.

I'd suggest its certainly a possibility, but not a certainty

Did I say it was a foregone conclusion?

I have said if he wants to go we should sell him. I have said that he has said he wants to win and that we have shown we do not share that ambition.

I get that it is easier for some fans to pretend that him leaving isn't possible but that isn't reality. The most likely thing is he goes, the next most likely thing is he stays against his wishes. That isn't exactly a great outcome either.

Kane doesn't own the place his lives in?

Is that normal for football players of his stature, especially when they play in the city they grew up, want to live in and is London?
Nope - rents

it’s an apartment too. Albeit a seriously massively high end place

Did I say it was a foregone conclusion?

I have said if he wants to go we should sell him. I have said that he has said he wants to win and that we have shown we do not share that ambition.

I get that it is easier for some fans to pretend that him leaving isn't possible but that isn't reality. The most likely thing is he goes, the next most likely thing is he stays against his wishes. That isn't exactly a great outcome either.

Yes. Your post a few minutes ago

''From our perspective if it is basically a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he wants out then better to move on now when all the changes are happening anyways and the expectations are rock bottom''

Kane won't decide if he leaves or not it will be whether any suitor comes up with the cash Levy wants. We all know and so should Kane that Levy is ultra stubborn and won't let him leave for a penny less than his worth

To Spursidol Spursidol re: Shearer at Newcastle, I understand, but when you've reached the top of the mountain you look at your career differently.

Kane's experience as a player has been getting tantalizingly, excruciatingly close to winning the sport's biggest prizes, and now he sees his club heading backwards as he reaches 28 and sees his footballing mortality.

Totti had won Serie A when he was in this situation, Gerrard had won the Champions League when he was in this situation, it's just different for Kane.

Yes. Your post a few minutes ago

''From our perspective if it is basically a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he wants out then better to move on now when all the changes are happening anyways and the expectations are rock bottom''

If is a massive part of that sentence that you left out of your post. It totally changes the whole point. So not sure why you left it out and are ignoring it now.

Kane won't decide if he leaves or not it will be whether any suitor comes up with the cash Levy wants. We all know and so should Kane that Levy is ultra stubborn and won't let him leave for a penny less than his worth

I think everyone agrees with that but having an unhappy Kane that wants to go and doesn't like the way the club is heading isn't exactly some great situation we should all be fist pumping about.

Keeping Kane because Levy won't sell him is a still a problem for Spurs.

To Spursidol Spursidol re: Shearer at Newcastle, I understand, but when you've reached the top of the mountain you look at your career differently.

Kane's experience as a player has been getting tantalizingly, excruciatingly close to winning the sport's biggest prizes, and now he sees his club heading backwards as he reaches 28 and sees his footballing mortality.

Totti had won Serie A when he was in this situation, Gerrard had won the Champions League when he was in this situation, it's just different for Kane.
And this is one of the many reasons why the value of having won, to just pull something at random, the 2017 FA Cup is, like, almost immeasurable. The tiny incremental difference in investment and focus it would have taken to accomplish that (no guarantees, obviously, but we didn't even try) would have paid IMMENSE, concrete, money-on-the-balance-sheet dividends for the club. EVERYTHING would be different.

All you need to put in the dictionary next to "penny wise, pound foolish" is this face: :levywtf:

I don't think Kane's value is significantly lower next summer, though. He's still under contract for 2 years, the market for his services (unless something happens) will still be incredibly competitive among a handful of uber-rich clubs, and we're a year of more normal football away from Covid with the money that brings.

Value is all about supply and demand. In 12 months there will still be only 1 Harry Kane, and he'll still be multiple seasons away from being on the open market. Throw in the financial improvements over the next year, and its likely Kane is worth more next summer.

I'd honestly wait to sell, I think. Even valuing him more monetarily than athletically.
I think selling him next summer, after more clubs have been able to fix their financial situations, makes more sense than this year.

I am not sure that the teams that Kane would potentially go to- City, Chelsea, United, PSG are the only legit ones I can see maybe Bayern- are really affected by Covid like a normal club might be. They try and use that to negotiate but as we see with the Sancho discussion for 95m that the top players will still cost top level prices.

This year what will help Kane's value is that it appears Mbappe is staying at PSG and Halaand is cheaper next summer so he could be the only legit star forward out there. Plus it appears there is a potential need for both Chelsea and City to get him before the other one.

From our perspective if it is basically a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he wants out then better to move on now when all the changes are happening anyways and the expectations are rock bottom. Although I also could see them wanting to keep him so he could artificially prop up the team and then use him leaving next summer as a excuse for a bad 2nd season for Fonseca.
I think when you're talking about a player like Kane, its different to anything normal. Chelsea and Citeh are motivated now to get him before the other one does. That doesn't change in 12 or 24 months, honestly. There's still only one Harry Kane. Unless he breaks himself before then, totally possible and the risk we take if we don't sell.

I think you wanting the most beautiful woman in the world and Kane wanting to leave Spurs are slightly different levels of realism.

Its great that Shearer did something, Kane is not Shearer.

Modric and Bale both had great personal success with Spurs both left. If we are using random players as examples of what can happen those two seem to have more relevance.
Forget the most beautiful woman in the world. Go for the absolute most enthusiastic and committed that you can find. As the great Billy Connolly said “keep your 40 virgins and give me one slut”

anyway……

I think when you're talking about a player like Kane, its different to anything normal. Chelsea and Citeh are motivated now to get him before the other one does. That doesn't change in 12 or 24 months, honestly. There's still only one Harry Kane. Unless he breaks himself before then, totally possible and the risk we take if we don't sell.

I think we will be able to sell him anytime, I am not sure we will get the money we can now next summer or the summer after that.

Back
Top Bottom