Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahh this reminds me of one of my favourite jokes.

What's the difference between a laptop and a lapdance?

You'd only want one of them to be a Dell

Dell_15Z_aqua_icon.jpg

dqM-Ci7w.jpg

Think this was a nice interview with Jo Nesbø. Especially like the quotes of how he became a fan (I know it from before).

Thrashing Inter Milan 6-1 in Oslo was a novel way to finish our pre-season friendly schedule – especially as the game was played out in the presence of world-renowned Norwegian author and keen Spurs fan Jo Nesbø.
nesbo730b.jpg

Jo Nesbø with his nephew Andreas, pitchside ahead of our match in Oslo on Friday

The man who penned the popular Harry Hole detective series, in addition to hit standalone stories such as Headhunters and The Son, has seen more than 23 million copies of his books sold worldwide with his work translated into over 40 different languages.

Born in Oslo and still residing in the city, the 56-year-old, who at one stage played football for Norwegian top-flight side Molde, was thrilled to get the chance to take in one of our games on his doorstep at Ullevaal Stadion on Friday and explained how his love for the club first came about.

“It all started when I was eight or nine years old when my brother, who is five years older than me, told me: ‘Okay, in case you’re in doubt, you’re a Spurs fan and you have to learn the whole squad by heart by Monday!’

“That’s what I did, me and my younger brother. The whole family are Spurs fans. My nephew is here today and he’s a Spurs fan too, so it runs in the family. I’ve been following Spurs ever since – the early-1970s were happy days of course, then we had happy moments in the 1980s too, the 1990s were a bit different but now I think the happy days are back.

nesbo_instory.jpg

“Lately, the players have been doing great. If you take away the last three or four matches of last season – and the start – it was great, amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better Tottenham team in the way they’ve played than last year and if they continue to do so this season I feel confident that they will be in the top three. When they play at their best they will simply beat City, Chelsea, United – and Woolwich, of course!”

Jo’s busy writing and travelling schedule, in addition to his commitments as a musician – he is the lead singer and guitarist for Norwegian rock band Di Dierre – means he doesn’t get a chance to attend football matches very often and, as such, he’s yet to see us in action in person at White Hart Lane.

He has visited our world-famous stadium before, though.

“I‘ve been to White Hart Lane once – in the summer when I was 14 years old. Me and my brother went there but the place was closed so we couldn’t get in!” he recalled with a smile.

“My brother had saved up a lot of money to buy supporter gear and he was so frustrated that all the shops were closed that he actually went to Highbury and bought some Woolwich supporter gear instead – we have never forgiven him for that and he is still embarrassed about it!”

Speaking to Spurs TV pitchside on Friday, Jo was asked how he would cast our current squad in one of his novels. Interestingly, he picked Hugo Lloris as “a good guy and defender of law and order” while Dele Alli was identified as the hero and the killer was Harry Kane! Check out Jo’s answer in full in the video below…

Look out for more from Jo – including a chat about his favourite Spurs players of all time and his own endeavours in the beautiful game – in our official matchday programme in the opening weeks of the season.

In one of his novels the drug dealers all wore Woolwich shirts. Good man.

Harry discovers that drug-pushers who deal in Violin wear Woolwich football shirts and, using this clue, manages to obtain some fresh Violin, a substance which has so-far eluded the Oslo PD. He also manages to sneak into Oleg's cell, pretending to be his lawyer, a man called Hans Christian, who is dating Oleg's mother. After hearing Oleg's side of the story he is convinced that the police have the wrong suspect and that Oleg has been arrested to keep the people who run the Violin trade going from being arrested. This theory is confirmed when Oleg is attacked in his cell moments after Harry has left.

In one of his novels the drug dealers all wore Woolwich shirts. Good man.

Harry discovers that drug-pushers who deal in Violin wear Woolwich football shirts and, using this clue, manages to obtain some fresh Violin, a substance which has so-far eluded the Oslo PD. He also manages to sneak into Oleg's cell, pretending to be his lawyer, a man called Hans Christian, who is dating Oleg's mother. After hearing Oleg's side of the story he is convinced that the police have the wrong suspect and that Oleg has been arrested to keep the people who run the Violin trade going from being arrested. This theory is confirmed when Oleg is attacked in his cell moments after Harry has left.
In one of his book there is a homosexual rapist called judas. What ever could he mean.

:dembele:

Last edited:
Last time she was in Southern California my friend Diana went to the show with a COYS sign and Adele talked about it on stage. The video of it is out there somewhere.
I remember seeing that video. My wife who went to her show last Friday said that someone yelled out Tottenham and Adele mentioned the football team for a bit.

were you in his year? Few of my mates from Crouch End/Highgate know him. Most of them are gooners though
I'm two years above him mate. My year was evenly split yids and goons, even though I see more kids wearing barca shirts then spurs shirts in muswell hill these days :(

Back
Top Bottom