Fantasy PL 21/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Few going for Guimaraes, who I think is mustard, but is he a good Fantasy pick? Does he get enough assists and goals to bring in the points? I say nada. he's now going to smash it ain't he?

Scored 5 last season in the league. That kind of return wouldn't be bad for the price point, but a decent chance he was just in a purple patch and it won't happen again. Think he exceeded his xG too so not necessarily going to happen again.

Few going for Guimaraes, who I think is mustard, but is he a good Fantasy pick? Does he get enough assists and goals to bring in the points? I say nada. he's now going to smash it ain't he?

Not sure but he is already one of my favourite prem midfielders, absolute quality player.

I shied away from picking Bruno Guimares just because I remember Joe Willock signing mid-season for them and scoring a fair few goals before reverting to norm the following year.

You're better off getting St.Maximim in for 0.5 more if you can stretch it.

Scored 5 last season in the league. That kind of return wouldn't be bad for the price point, but a decent chance he was just in a purple patch and it won't happen again. Think he exceeded his xG too so not necessarily going to happen again.
I think he's one of the top 10-20 midfielders in the PL, brilliant player but I think his brilliance doesn't deliver the points in Fantasy. Modric was like this and if he's still here this season Bernado Silva (as I suspect he will be playing a bit deeper). They frequently are the ones that are creating the attack (assisting the assister).

I think he's one of the top 10-20 midfielders in the PL, brilliant player but I think his brilliance doesn't deliver the points in Fantasy. Modric was like this and if he's still here this season Bernado Silva (as I suspect he will be playing a bit deeper). They frequently are the ones that are creating the attack (assisting the assister).

For sure. They need to weigh the points differently imo, it’s silly that you end up with a back 4 of fullbacks because g/a and that the likes of Silva & Fabinho are essentially useless because of the way it works at the moment.

I get it’s all just a bit of fun .. but would be cool to see players with different roles get some love.

For sure. They need to weigh the points differently imo, it’s silly that you end up with a back 4 of fullbacks because g/a and that the likes of Silva & Fabinho are essentially useless because of the way it works at the moment.

I get it’s all just a bit of fun .. but would be cool to see players with different roles get some love.
I do believe though that it has totally distorted the perception of the game. People rating a player because he gets loads of points in FPL, you saw it with Bruno in his 1st season for Utd where he scored something like 10 fucking penalties but practically fuck all else. I had Tripps in one of my teams, yet I thought he was shit profile player for us and actually one of the many reasons why we dropped off.

When I talk to my nephews about football everything they speak of about the game is spoken via a game they play (I've forgotten what it is) that has a rating score, I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about but they know practically every player for every team and know their rating scores for defence and attack or whatever.

Fantasy I think is like this for some.

I do believe though that it has totally distorted the perception of the game. People rating a player because he gets loads of points in FPL, you saw it with Bruno in his 1st season for Utd where he scored something like 10 fucking penalties but practically fuck all else. I had Tripps in one of my teams, yet I thought he was shit profile player for us and actually one of the many reasons why we dropped off.

When I talk to my nephews about football everything they speak of about the game is spoken via a game they play (I've forgotten what it is) that has a rating score, I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about but they know practically every player for every team and know their rating scores for defence and attack or whatever.

Fantasy I think is like this for some.

Trippier is a great example of how skewed FF is. Always a better option than Walker despite being nowhere close to as good a player & despite the fact Walker guarantees clean sheets due to the City factor.

And I like Trippier, but there's no comparison between the two in terms of all round ability. But Trippier hits the volume of crosses needed & is put on set pieces, so he'll always rack up points. Meanwhile Walker's ability to sprint back & stop attacks or totally nullify almost any player in a 1on1 goes pretty unrewarded.

Trippier is a great example of how skewed FF is. Always a better option than Walker despite being nowhere close to as good a player & despite the fact Walker guarantees clean sheets due to the City factor.

And I like Trippier, but there's no comparison between the two in terms of all round ability. But Trippier hits the volume of crosses needed & is put on set pieces, so he'll always rack up points. Meanwhile Walker's ability to sprint back & stop attacks or totally nullify almost any player in a 1on1 goes pretty unrewarded.
Screenshot-2022-08-04-222917.jpg

I'm easily influenced :adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom