Financial Results - Year End June 30, 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What exactly do you expect the end of year accounts to contain?

........Funny cartoons and page 3 girls?
As the year ends in a 1 mention of how we will now win on the field, as Conte stated upon arriving. Conte said it’s ‘maybe’ too much.

How has this played into Daniels words?

Didn’t see mention of him reinforcing this idea that now is time for pitch/squad focus, not more and more stretching of debt to increase our property portfolio….

Meh, didn’t reassure me he’ll shed his spots and properly support Conte.

Good corporatism though, Dan knows that shit. Demoralised our star player by snaking out of an agreement which should have seen a freshening of our squad which never manifested.

D- on pitch
B+ off it

Fair comment - I believe a naming rights deal is again on the table (just more gossip) - that would bring in the 250m, or indeed much more, that you mention.

There is no chance that ENIC (Joe or Daniel) put in 250m, simply not happening. As for more borrowing that would seem unlikely with the debt we have, however, it is certainly possible.
Lewis could loan the club

Lewis could loan the club
ENIC (ostensibly Joe) has underwritten loans before, namely on the early phases of construction for both the training ground and the stadium. These were very soon replaced by commercial loans.

The problem with owner loans is unless they are interest-free (Abramovitch is owed about 2.7 billion but charges no interest) then you end up like West Ham with owners charging +5 points and stripping cash out of the club every year, not sure we want that.

THFC could independently borrow 250m from a bank or via a bond ... but that's very unlikely.

But costs of playing in the Shopping Centre bowl are a fraction of Upton Park thanks to the unwitting generosity of the London tax payers, the deal being signed by Boris
Yeah, it's this element that's really hard to factor in the net gains/loss felt. But the numbers posted since moving show zero positive impact financially.

The business model here I think is the hope that the free tickets given out a % become West Ham fans and then $$ as a result. Having an extra 20k in the stadium still gives them marketing opportunities to sell merch and tickets as they have their details. Fan interaction is also monetised (clicks/likes etc) when looking at commercial partners etc too. So overall it's a marketing strategy that still will have a low potential uplift with I would guess any expected success of tapping into this 20k would be approx 1% so 200 fans!! Spending £400 quid on an ST and merch = £80k!!!

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

For games played with fans in 2019/20, #THFC average attendance of 59,385 was the third highest in England, only below #MUFC 72,726 and #WHUFC 59,925, but just ahead of North London neighbours #AFC 59,254.

Don't West Ham pay threepence happenney for a ticket?
I need educating here but surely west ham hospitality take would be a lot less and very difficult to match us. Can someone please answer the below

1. Who takes the money from the stadium bars and restaurants west Ham or the landlord?
2. outside events i.e rugby or baseball are purely a Landlord benefit are they not?
3. Even if West Ham is making on the bars the stadium is not very hospitable and most people I believe would drink off site. It has no Shelf bar that you would happily spend a couple of post-match hours in.?

Are you a Chelsea accountant? Chavs accounts haven't been released yet, how did you "create" this information? Surely you didn't just make it up ;);)
They’ve just reported their numbers and their revenue has increased by £29M. Makes our 22% drop even more stark. Paying yourself another bonus this year Daniel? Failure on and off the pitch

The bald dweeb should be sacked by Lewis and paid off

They’ve just reported their numbers and their revenue has increased by £29M. Makes our 22% drop even more stark. Paying yourself another bonus this year Daniel? Failure on and off the pitch

The bald dweeb should be sacked by Lewis and paid off

By "paid off" do you mean buy out his shares in ENIC or something else?

Levy isn’t a billionaire. Some personal attacks when Conte walks should see him move on…. I suspect Lewis will buy him out and employ a capable CEO
I don’t know the relationship but my guess is that Lewis is not a direct manager of assets. He likes having a direct manager of ENIC in Levy who has skin in the game, in terms of equity In ENIC.

im guessing though.

He is very temperamental always spewing hatred towards anyone who dares to question.
And yet he or she is banging on about self entitlement and yet that post is one of the most self entitled posts I have seen on here truly shocking.
100%

One of the very worst on here - amidst stiff competition mind you..

Obviously they are run completely differently but their losses last season were nearly double ours and that includes getting all the money for winning the champions league. Quite mad when you think about it but thought a useful comparison. Their owner will write them off again I suspect.

(click tweet for full rundown, you'll see only us, Man U and Chelsea have released their 20/21 figures)

Bloody hell the likes of City, Everton and Villa where losing money in 19/20, wonder how bad 20/21 will be.

I think the fact Everton bought nobody in the summer was pretty telling.

Whilst the owners of those clubs are obviously loaded, they would still have lost money personally and through other businesses during the pandemic. They won’t want to be pissing money away on their football clubs too. This is one reason why I’ve been saying next summer we could be in such a good position financially because of the stadium income compared to other clubs. They will need to sell players to make up the shortfall. Hopefully clubs like us will take advantage of it.

Will always be both good and bad….. would argue our recent buys have helped offset the massive losses on Ndom and GLC. Kulu must be worth 75M now, ditto Romero and Benta c.40M
Yeah, it’s all good. Obviously the better you do scouting and youth development, and sell at the right time, the better but it’s never 100% efficient. Your wins cover your losses. Had we sold Dele at his peak for instance that would have turned out to be a great move but it is what it is. It doesn’t matter. Still made a profit of course. Winks when sold will be mostly all profit. Lo Celso a loss. Bergwijn fairly neutral etc.

Back
Top Bottom