First Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1963 vs Burnley. Can't remember the score but we won. Days of Greaves, Gilzean.
Only regret is never winning the League since. Been to 2 League Cups and 2 F A Cups, but winning the League would be tops.

Spurs v Coventry 12th Aug 1972

2-1 Spurs. Martin Peters both goals.
Still remember this game clearly. Was living near the junction of White Hart Lane and the Great Cambridge Road. Went with my dad ( I was 8) and along the way we picked up a friend of mine. It also happened to be his first THFC game. We stood in the Shelf, not far from the corner.....near the Paxton. Can, even now, vividly see Peters scoring at the Paxton Road end.

We did the same with my nephew's first game, he was only 3 or so. No chance of getting a milk crate through the gates now!
Years ago - there used to be small wooden steps leading up to the pitch from the terraces at the Paxton and Park Lane. If you got in the ground early enough, you could sit at the top of the one located right behind the goal.

I don't remember what the first game I saw was, but it must have been some time in 2007. The first game I actually went to was in the CL vs Real Madrid at their place in October 2017. Yep, it took me about 10 years to actually go to a game. :harrysmile:

Mate what ever happened to Keith Osgood? Scored a few pens for us.
I remember being REALLY confused as a kid in the '70s that KEITH Osgood wasn't PETER Osgood.... and ironically, NOT ASGOOD!

Took me years to realise Peter Osgood never actually played for Spurs!

Sorry, I was VERY young (and clearly a bit thick) at the time!!

I lived in tottenham and had cousins who didnt live there but were very pro me supporting them and a spurs supporting best mate.

All that and Glenn hoddle!

My first game was at home to southampton in 1986. I remember metgod coming on and missing the winning penalty as for some reason we left early to avoid the crowds even though we lived a 10 minute walk away.

One of my worst experiences live was at Old Trafford in April 2009.. 2 nil HT loving life, ended up 5-2 United.. left at 4-2 as couldn't face tram home with the mancs.. heard roar of fifth as I was heading past cricket ground

I was at that game.
The match turned on a shocking penalty decision for Utd when Gomez clearly got the ball.
I also went up there a few years later when we won 2-1 under sherwood. We had a few decisions go our way that night. Moyes was their manager.
Yip your correct.. awful decision.. think Bent scored for us that day

Think this has been done several times over - but the all white kit in 1985-1987 did it for me, cementing various spurious links to North London. First started going in 1989-90. City at home. 1-1. Howells and then Colin Hendry.

Back
Top Bottom