First Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was born and brought up in Northern Ireland and started following Spurs in 1970, aged 7.My first game was actually away at Aston Villa,March 78 I think.2-0 down at halftime and won 3-2!! Chris Jones got two I think.Think first home game was a turgid 0-0 draw v Man U ,September 1979 ( maybe )
I moved to London in1982 to go to University (but mainly to watch Spurs) and didn’t miss a game home or away for the next seven years.Literally the best and happiest times of my entire live.
Was also at that Villa game. we scored those 3 goals in the last 11 minutes. Unreal.
Always thought that Hodd got 2 and Jonah 1. Might be wrong though.

Spurs 4 v 0 stoke 1985. falco, hoddle and chidozie 2 I think.
George Berry was sent off for stoke (guy with the fantastic afro) think he smacked Falco

Was also at that Villa game. we scored those 3 goals in the last 11 minutes. Unreal.
Always thought that Hodd got 2 and Jonah 1. Might be wrong though.
I have just googled it and stand corrected-Hod did score 2 and Jones got one.I also got the year wrong, it was 1979.The advancing years have clearly played havoc with my memory.

It never started with a game. It started with the 1978 panini sticker pack with Ricardo Villa, and Ossie Ardiles.

Something about Ricky, the kit, it looked special. Some how magical. Then I saw hoddle score a goal on match of the day and I was in. Went to my first game after two years of nagging my totally uninterested dad to take me. Would have been 1980 and I was 6 .

I can't even recall the exact first game. My freind Chris *twenty years my senior )said he saw the Hendrix Experience in Kent in 67 and it was like seeing colour tv in a black and white world. I felt that about the Argentines at Spurs.

I have just googled it and stand corrected-Hod did score 2 and Jones got one.I also got the year wrong, it was 1979.The advancing years have clearly played havoc with my memory.
Was also at the Southampton game, where we were losing 3-0 at half-time. Got back to 3-3 then Jonah hits the past in the last minute. Thinking he's scored...he turns away in triumph. If he'd stayed alert, he would have tapped in the rebound.

20th October 1976
Tottenham 1-0 Birmingham
Keithy Osgood penalty.

The old man took me, he rarely missed a home game in 60 years.
His father played for the club.
I've lived in Tottenham all my life, and was born in the North Mid just up the road from the ground.
Me folks were both born in Tottenham.
Mate what ever happened to Keith Osgood? Scored a few pens for us.

I went to the Liverpool friendly in Baltimore back in like 2012 when Charlie Adam lunged in on Gareth Bale. The most boring 0-0 I can remember seeing, it was so hot too.

Back
Top Bottom