Football Weekly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Goooooooal commentary alone at the start is worth listening to it for! How Richardson wasn't tapped up by sky/itv/bbc after the Italian football 10 years ago is unbelievable really
Maybe he doesn't kowtow to the whole celebrity aspect of football, seems to be frozen out by the big companies which is a shame really. Easily better than Chiles.

Where is he? Its been too long, I love this podcast
Blimey, a blast from the past for me. He used to host Gazetta Italia on Channel 4 (1990's Italian version of Football Focus) and I thought he was triffic. At that time, I know more about Serie A than EPL - it was definitely more glamorous and exciting and I could get my weekly fix of Paolo Maldini, a personal favourite. Shame James hasn't been snapped up by the Beeb, as think he would be a great addition to their list of presenters - better than Linekar anyway.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

They just called Chris Miller's blog Very Very good on the Guardian podcast! In regards to your post that the fact that playing a back 3 is not that revolutionary anyway the way we play normally

That's before "stealing a living" Barry shot down all formation analysis, he really doesn't know anything does he
I was so excited when I heard this!

- Blow to the Guardian
- There's a chance we'll never have to suffer Barry Glendenning again, given his employment by the Guardian
- or Phillipe AuClare
- or Amy Lawrence

giphy.gif

Lol Lukaku, Fellaini, Witsel Benteke, Courtois, Mignolet, De Bruyne, Kompany and so on have all come trough the ranks of our own clubs who have drastically changed their youth training set ups and scouting systems , i m betting this guy was Dutch wasnt he. Anderlecht, Standard and Genk produce loads of good youngsters atm and above all give them time in the first teams at young age.

Some players do come from foreign teams , Hazard and Vertonghen for instance but the bulk learned their trade in Belgium and we are getting another wave of youngsters this season. The problem is that big teams now plunder the Belgian teams, city and man u have about ten talented belgians aged 14 and up, due to the fact that law prevents under 16 players to earn money over here.

@ Éperons Éperons

"Spurs third goal was the thick end of 50 passes from a 2 and a half minutes passing move, this is the football equivalent of having sex with Sting..."

Suffice to say, I'm still a fan

Last edited:
Rafael Honigstein who is usually quite good suggested on this weeks pod, that the big lump Olivier Giroud is a better striker than Harry Kane.

Now I may be biased, but surely a player who has pace, power and a scoring record of 1 in 2 in the Premier League, along with working an awful lot for the team, is better than a lump who wouldn't even be getting a start if a converted winger wasn't injured.

Back
Top Bottom