FOR ANYONE ON TWITTER - #bringbackthedrum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spooky, apologies if you have already but is this something you'd be willing to write a short piece on Dear Mr Levy.com?

Guys, who exactly owns the drum and are they willing to bring it back? Or are we all going to turn up with drums?

So for anyone who doesnt know the story, the Spurs drummer (@Spursdrum on twitter) used to be the drummer at Spurs games, orchestrating the chants and as a result was, for a large part, responsible for the great atmosphere we had at the Lane. One day the drum broke, a new drum was purchased only to be denied entry. The club have said they have a ban on all musical instruments and a re just following what all over Premier League clubs too. Anyone watching Blackburn v Liverpool last night would have seen a Blackburn fan drumming away trying to whip up the home support - so clearly they do not all ban instruments.

I emailed the club about getting it back and they phoned me up asking me to contact the safety manager, so thats what I'm going to do!

I think its being discussed on the podcast tonight and @SpursDrum is on too.

Maybe Flav and co can settle on a particular time (maybe after the cup semi or next week) and mention on the podcast for all the followers of @SpursDrum to go tweet crazy and get #bringbackthedrum trending

As much as i'm for the cause i've had to unfollow the Spurs Drum because of the sheer quantity of tweets.

If it's "health and safety" or any of that bollocks then fuck this country, it's a fucking drum. Like at Charlton when they made us take the sticks out of flags in case we "took someone's eye out" :harryfacepalm:

The atmosphere is dying (that is really, really painful to type)- I remember the drum from when I was much younger than I am now and it was part of the Spurs experience.

Abbey Yid said:
As much as i'm for the cause i've had to unfollow the Spurs Drum because of the sheer quantity of tweets.

This. I am afraid. Weds night I think it was - just a saturation point.

Don't labour the point guys - you'll do more harm than good.

They just need to have an open dialogue with someone of consequence at the club, not sure a Twitter rampage is really going to do much, that's like getting all your mates to update their Facebook status at the same time... the club aren't going to see it, nevermind give a crap.

Forget the "But England have a band" routine, ask why we can't have the drum, and engage in reasonable conversation.

It really shouldn't be too hard to get the drum back, you just need to go about it in the right way.

Think people have tried/ are trying to have an open dialogue with the club but without much success, from what I gather they originally just told the @SpursDrum guy that the decision was final and that was that.

It sounds like the communication Dru has had with people at the club has been more promising but I would not be at all surprised if he ultimately gets the same response.

I think the idea of getting it trending on twitter / tweeting @SpursOfficial is to show that it's not just a handful of idiots on a crusade but that there are actually a large number of Spurs fans that want the drum back at the Lane. Twittter is also a good way of making more people aware of what we're trying to do, for example after Wiley retweeted my tweet yesterday there were a few Yids that tweeted me asking what it was all about and I told them and pointed them in the direction of @SpursDrum, just helps to add a bit of momentum.

Burko said:
They just need to have an open dialogue with someone of consequence at the club, not sure a Twitter rampage is really going to do much, that's like getting all your mates to update their Facebook status at the same time... the club aren't going to see it, nevermind give a crap.

Forget the "But England have a band" routine, ask why we can't have the drum, and engage in reasonable conversation.

It really shouldn't be too hard to get the drum back, you just need to go about it in the right way.

Exactly what im hoping to do. The twitter thing is a way of making people aware of it. I told a Spurs mate who doesnt get to the lane much about the drum and he was like 'Oh Yeah! I forgot about that drum'

Dru said:
Burko said:

Exactly what im hoping to do. The twitter thing is a way of making people aware of it. I told a Spurs mate who doesnt get to the lane much about the drum and he was like 'Oh Yeah! I forgot about that drum'

Have you had any more contact from anyone at the club yet?

I'm not saying this is a bad idea at all, but I have 2 questions....

1. Is @spursdrum the ACTUAL guy who used to have the drum in the shelf, or is he just a guy who wants it back?

2. What was the reason the drum was banned in the first place?

Burko said:

1. Is @spursdrum the ACTUAL guy who used to have the drum in the shelf, or is he just a guy who wants it back?

Not the same person as before, although I think he is a mate of his and has his support.

From what I know, the drum skin on the original drum needed repairing and Dan the original drummer took it away to be repaired and when he brought it back they wouldn't allow the drum in the stadium.

There are a few other stories floating around about it but apparently these are all bollocks and the above is what actually happened.

Burko said:

As I understand it, its the actual guy, the drum broke a few years back and when he got a new one he wasnt allowed in with it, the club told him all musical instruments are now banned across all PL clubs. Sky Sports broadcast footage of a drummer at Ewood Park the other night though so thats open to question.

I can tell you that Drummington is getting very excited about this, I'm trying to manage his expectations that it may not happen, but he's uncontrollable at the moment.

If it does get allowed, Drummington suggested that they hold some sort of 'Drumstick Idol' contest, with the winner being the drumstick of choice. Sticky and Drummington have got to be the favourites.

Does anyone know Simon Cowell?

Back
Top Bottom