Fulham v. Tottenham - March 4 18:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Naming the side like this seems to be working. 2 wins out of 2

French Alcoholic
Ivorian Nutcase, Pablo Escobar, Belgian OAP, Spanish Speedy Gonzalez
Viking, French Penguin
Welsh Mafia, English Gamer, K-pop
English Golfer

Dropping Sanchez after today's performance would be such a stupid move. Give him a run in the side and see how he gets on.

Every game is a cup final now in the league, we can't afford any mistakes.

The only rotation I would suggest is Lucas out for maybe Lamela / Ben Davies in for Reguillon.
Agree in a way on Sanchez, would be nice if we could play him and Toby every game and hope they build some form together. Only thing is you can't expect Toby to play them all with such a tight schedule.

I can't see Rodon and Sanchez being played together and the idea of Sanchez/Dier pairing up fills me with an indescribable terror. It's the one area of the field that could really crater our season.

Just because Sanchez had a decent game, no one played badly, that is no reason to play him again. He is a liability and will make mistakes again. What has Rodon done to not get a chance? Rodon and Toby are the future.

Not your finest post, son.

He had more than a decent game, he was excellent. Him playing well is obviously a reason to play him again, to see if he can develop some consistency.

Would be a dumbass decision of epic proportions to just drop him after that. Also, how is Toby the 'future'. Bloke will turn 32 tomorrow for fuck sake.

Not your finest post, son.

He had more than a decent game, he was excellent. Him playing well is obviously a reason to play him again, to see if he can develop some consistency.

Would be a dumbass decision of epic proportions to just drop him after that. Also, how is Toby the 'future'. Bloke will turn 32 tomorrow for fuck sake.
Sanchez had one decent game after many dodgy games. He has had more than enough chances to develop consistency but is easily bullied, (thankfully Wood only came on at the end) makes far too many mistakes and his distribution is a nightmare. Rodon on the other hand has only just arrived and much more deserving of a chance to find consistency.
As to Toby, I was only really meaning this season. A new CB is at the top of many supporters list and hopefully we will get someone ready to play in the first team rather than someone for the future.

Sanchez had one decent game after many dodgy games. He has had more than enough chances to develop consistency but is easily bullied, (thankfully Wood only came on at the end) makes far too many mistakes and his distribution is a nightmare. Rodon on the other hand has only just arrived and much more deserving of a chance to find consistency.
As to Toby, I was only really meaning this season. A new CB is at the top of many supporters list and hopefully we will get someone ready to play in the first team rather than someone for the future.
If Sanchez gets dropped after putting in a faultless performance then what kind of message does that send to him? I wouldn't say i am one of his biggest fans , however if you put in a good performance and you are fit then you deserve to start the next game ?

We need to keep it going on Thursday, yesterday was great with positive, attacking football. Need to keep it going though and collect the next three points vs the Cottagers

It´s not like Dier has been our worst CB this season - at least before Burnley, that was Davison Sanchez. But the truth is that, for about a year now, even considering the qualities he does bring to the team, it's like we've been using someone who is not a CB at the heart of the back four. Dier's aerial game should be one of his strengths, but it would be much better if his positioning was average - instead of really, really poor. It's just an example. He lacks concentration, timing, composure.

Sanchez has been terrible all season, no point in denying it after one (very) good performance. But, in my opinion, we could have a funcional Sanchez more easily than a realiable Dier. It's more simple. He's not supposed to be a commander, a leader, anything like that. Playing next to a good Toby, Sanchez could do a job for the team (at least until the end of the season),
if he's able to improve his form.

That said, I'd like to see the same team we used on Sunday too. Apart from Bale's situation (it will be decided game by game, with the player basically having the final word), Toby is the main issue. In good conditions, he's probably the only really good defender we got. We need to be careful not to hurt him and ideally he should be playing one game per week - I know, it won't happen.

Since he definitely needs to play against Dinamo and Woolwich, should we rest Toby against Fulham or Palace?

Last edited:
Naming the side like this seems to be working. 2 wins out of 2

French Alcoholic
Ivorian Nutcase, Pablo Escobar, Belgian OAP, Spanish Speedy Gonzalez
Viking, French Penguin
Welsh Mafia, English Gamer, K-pop
English Golfer
You probably need to change the English Gamer for a Bouncy Brazilian?

Toby and Sanchez are good until they are not.

Then we will call for the return of Rodon and Dier until they also shit the bed.

Have to accept the reality of our poor centre back group at present.

We're back to the MUST WINS again!
(Rather than 'please just don't lose!')

Amazing what a win does to you!

You really are a nasty piece of work.

Is your photo your actual face?
Arcspace has been stinking this board up since he arrived. Hes an abusive and offensive footballing ignoramous who is an embarrassment to Spurs supporters everywhere. A typical gobshite, tosser who hides behind his keyboard 8,500 miles away firing off insults at anyone who calls him out for the oxygen thieving waste of space that he is.
Trust me, he was far more polite than the half wit deserved.
Gets banned a lot, deservedly so. Internet thrush.

Arcspace has been stinking this board up since he arrived. Hes an abusive and offensive footballing ignoramous who is an embarrassment to Spurs supporters everywhere. A typical gobshite, tosser who hides behind his keyboard 8,500 miles away firing off insults at anyone who calls him out for the oxygen thieving waste of space that he is.
Trust me, he was far more polite than the half wit deserved.
Gets banned a lot, deservedly so. Internet thrush.
Um....i think he was talking to Grocer Mick...🤔

Back
Top Bottom