Fulham v. Tottenham - March 4 18:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fulham deserved exactly what they got.
We should have been 3-0 up by halftime.
Well, we weren't...and if you want to play that game, they should have scored at the end of the first half and had three goals in the second. :mourbringit:

I do agree though, they don't deserve to stay up or win any game if they can't find a way of putting away the easy chances.

Call me a cynic, but they change the rule as soon as it benefits us.

It's line when UEFA changed the rule about top 4 into champions league but Chelsea beat Bayern and went instead. Changed the rule after that season.

Is that because your campaign to have him dropped is meeting with very little support?

if he was keeping lewandowski on the bench, I might be inclined to agree with you

but he isn't, is he?

Onwards and upwards Sammy - I have to put up with listening to people on here talking about Winks as if he was a tramp that wandered in off the streets and got lucky

You'll have to accept that Harry is the number one CF, even when going through a lull in scoring.

PS - but I would love to see him play up front with Scarlett
I have no choice to accept it, and even at 75% he’s a cut above most players.
I just start to worry when he’s at 25%, and we don’t have enough imagination in a 9M and 15M a year manager to utilise a 20 man match day squad.

Id happily sub off or on Kane for six or seven games if it means a prime Kane for 30 games

Well, we weren't...and if you want to play that game, they should have scored at the end of the first half and had three goals in the second. :mourbringit:

I do agree though, they don't deserve to stay up or win any game if they can't find a way of putting away the easy chances.
Keep up the hate some of us will continue to support the team and the manager.

There’s no fucking chains lad. Wake up. If you’ve ever stepped on the football pitch you will know it’s not playstation. The other team can have a go and make you look poor, which is what Fulham did.

They basically watched how we were allowed space vs Burnley and said fuck that we’ll have to be up at them, which they did. Inspite of this, we created the best chance of the game and came home with the 1-0 win and 3 points thank you very much.

Boxing analogy: champion of the world comes into town to face a young upstart, who proceeds to give the champ a fight of his life. Champ takes it all in, enjoys the action, blocks everything and scores his points quietly. Judges give him the night convincingly at the end because he was simply different class, regardless of what the young lad did on the night.

Our performance in the second half was shocking. To use your boxing analogy we looked punch drunk and if it was a boxing match we certainly wouldn’t have won convincingly which is what you are inferring. It was Fulham ffs

I think apart from really tough opponents we haven't really tried to play that kind of "score first and sit on the lead" type of football. I think we are just tired and lacking in real quality in the centre which leads to us struggling to even get on the ball when opponents play with a lot of energy.

Until the subs came on yesterday we had completely disappeared from the game in the second half and I don't think that was the plan. The players on the pitch just didn't have the legs or cohesion to stop Fulham from playing in our half. They looked so much fresher than us in the middle.
That happens a lot in this season. We could hardly string 3 passes even if we are supposingly the more superior team in terms of technique. The point is we are not playing high energy consumed high press game anymore but we are still struggling with stamina issue.

Our performance in the second half was shocking. To use your boxing analogy we looked punch drunk and if it was a boxing match we certainly wouldn’t have won convincingly which is what you are inferring. It was Fulham ffs
Yes we did. We showed our fatigue but it was enough to do the job. How do you feel about the fact that more than 12 hours after a good result you are angry and reacting like you are, as if you lost.

Which leads me to my final question to you before you’re placed on ignore. Are you sad for Fulham or angry with Spurs? Has to be either the way you’re going!

Yes we did. We showed our fatigue but it was enough to do the job. How do you feel about the fact that more than 12 hours after a good result you are angry and reacting like you are, as if you lost.

Which leads me to my final question to you before you’re placed on ignore. Are you sad for Fulham or angry with Spurs? Has to be either the way you’re going!

Place me on ignore, please do. I couldn’t give a damn about Fulham, just like you couldn’t give a damn about Spurs. You are clearly a Mourinho disciple- I mean you even joined this forum the very same day Mourinho did. When he leaves to join his next club at least leave it a couple of weeks before you join your new team’s forum so that it’s less obvious!

:mourfacepalm:

Last nights victory is further proof that a win (of any nature) papers over a multitude of cracks.The second half performance was every bit as abject as those at Crystal Palace & Wolves-and every bit as bad as the performances at Burnley & West Brom. The only difference is that last night we got away with it.
It has been a weird season and , somewhat incredibly, we could yet finish in the top 4. Even if we do (and win the League Cup too) I still want Jose gone-our style of play has been toxic for almost all of 2020 and most of this year-we have been bailed out on numerous occasions by the Harry/Sonny axis but this group of players should be playing a much more expansive brand of football.

the teams above us - are there for a reason Sammy
they have more efficient defences, and midfields that starve our supply lines to our forwards

surely you can see that?

Your determination to condemn Kane as a fraud are perplexing
You don’t have to have top quality defenders to be able to shut up shop. Plenty of managers have created teams hard to beat or get past with less quality than we have. We just don’t press , close down or be physical.

I think apart from really tough opponents we haven't really tried to play that kind of "score first and sit on the lead" type of football. I think we are just tired and lacking in real quality in the centre which leads to us struggling to even get on the ball when opponents play with a lot of energy.

Until the subs came on yesterday we had completely disappeared from the game in the second half and I don't think that was the plan. The players on the pitch just didn't have the legs or cohesion to stop Fulham from playing in our half. They looked so much fresher than us in the middle.
why? This is the most BS argument. They played at the weekend like we did. Surely the players can put in the extra effort? It’s not like they have all played every game only PEH has so far. Bale, Dele, Tony , Samchez, the FBs not played that much.

Place me on ignore, please do. I couldn’t give a damn about Fulham, just like you couldn’t give a damn about Spurs. You are clearly a Mourinho disciple- I mean you even joined this forum the very same day Mourinho did. When he leaves to join his next club at least leave it a couple of weeks before you join your new team’s forum so that it’s less obvious!

:mourfacepalm:
Bollocks. Why are you this upset after a win? Between you and I who’s supporting the club? You’re a Poch fanboy aren’t you?

Even though the their goal was chalked I bet everyone thought at the time that it was coming. I was watching it thinking it was only a matter of time. What I do not get get is why either the team or Jose does nothing to stop/change it. We can all see what is going on it no one dies anything about it. The players need to be rollicking themselves and Jose needs to firing grenades from the touch line. No leadership. Also don’t like to say it but Kane is also one of the biggest culprits he should be the leader out there but doesn’t take ownership. He doesn’t press even more. It’s all well good going back to defend when your 5-0 up and get the plaudits but when the team is struggling to control the game and keep the ball we need players to step up. Also the manger needs to change things to stem the tide. However in every game like this so far this season jose has not changed anything in the 2nd half to mitigate the oppo coming at us. It’s obv a tram like Fulham are gonna come out in the 2nd half strong so we should be prepared for it. However we look completely shocked a time is gonna have a go at us and then just let them!

Call me a cynic, but they change the rule as soon as it benefits us.

It's line when UEFA changed the rule about top 4 into champions league but Chelsea beat Bayern and went instead. Changed the rule after that season.
Payback for the rule change after the Dier@Newcastle hand ball.

just need a Karma leveller in the Fulham v Newcastle game on the final day of the season and balance will be restored.

Back
Top Bottom