Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Samuel56, do you live in Madrid or Spain? Have you seen or heard anything about increased security on Tuesday, extra checks on tickets, that sort of thing? I haven't but there were stricter controls than normal on buying tickets from Madrid's website. I wondered if it was a reaction to what happened at the Arsen*l ground vs Cologne the other week...

Yeah i live in Valencia, around 3 and a half hours away from the Bernabeu.

About security checks yes, there have been stricter controls for all our games (Domestically and European) but there are not related to the Woolwich incident.

To enter the Stadium you need a Passport or driving licence as forms of ID to match the ticket name holder. (It's a new measure that is not 100% enforce but it's better to prevent for this kind of situations.)

Madrid and the Santiago Bernabeu is regularly a friendly place for rival foreigners fans ( PS: Don't enter the stadium in a Barcelona kit.)

About security checks yes, there have been stricter controls for all our games (Domestically and European) but there are not related to the Woolwich incident.

To enter the Stadium you need a Passport or driving licence as forms of ID to match the ticket name holder. (It's a new measure that is not 100% enforce but it's better to prevent for this kind of situations.)

Madrid and the Santiago Bernabeu is regularly a friendly place for rival foreigners fans ( PS: Don't enter the stadium in a Barcelona kit.)
My tickets don't have names on (I'm in the Fondo Norte, 2º Anfiteatro) although , as I became a Madridista to be able to buy tickets 3 days before general sale, it has my Membership Number on it, so they can check me.

I've lived here for 27 years, as I will tell anyone wondering why an Englishman is going in with the locals - ¡Claro que soy de Madrid, mira, que tengo carnet y todo! - when I'm in the ground and I see all our lot on the 3rd and 4th tiers and the game starts it'll be another story!

:pochohshit:

Very disappointing to go into this game without Davies and Dembele (if that is the case) It's bad enough that we'll be playing away at the best team we've played since, well the last time we played them without Rose, Wanyama and Alli.

Genuine injury crises

Very disappointing to go into this game without Davies and Dembele (if that is the case) It's bad enough that we'll be playing away at the best team we've played since, well the last time we played them without Rose, Wanyama and Alli.

Genuine injury crises
They're missing Bale and Caravajal though, right? Might even things out a bit, even if of course on paper there's no question that they've got the better lineup.

Are these checks just for away fans? When I bought my tickets In the Madrid end off their site there was nothing asking me to put individual names on each of them. Just my name as the purchaser

Are these checks just for away fans? When I bought my tickets In the Madrid end off their site there was nothing asking me to put individual names on each of them. Just my name as the purchaser

Yes, that's just for away fans. If you buy the tickets as a Madridista from the official site you should have no problems.

We are huge underdogs for this one and I think that suit us well.

Agree with Totti, be patient like vs Dortmund and go gung ho on them on every opportunity after winning the ball.

No silly mistakes, run at them, stress them and we can do well in a game we don't have to win.
Huge underdogs?
The dogs bollocks, in other words.,

Reasonable except sissoko has to come in for winks in midfield . This is about winning the midfield battle too, not getting into a goal scoring russian roulette battle with madrid which we will get destroyed in.
Nah we need someone who can actually trap and keep the ball in midfield and then use it efficiently and effectively on the counter. Sissoko will just continually lose it like usual and we'll be kept under pressure. With no Dembele available Winks is clearly our best ball playing midfielder available and must play. Genuinely cannot believe people would rather Sissoko over Winks at CM against Real Madrid. Our only chance is if we actually keep the ball and use it smartly on the counter, not have a player in central midfield whos touch usually leaves the ball nearer an opponent than himself.

Disappointing that Davies is unavailable, because I think a back 3 would be best for this game. I think we have to keep that formation rather than return to 4 where Sanchez looked uncomfortable with the increased responsibility on the ball. He's far better between Vertonghen and Toby in a 3 where he doesn't have those responsibilities and can just play simple. With that in mind I think one of Trippier or Aurier have to play LWB again as KWP isn't ready for this level. I would go:

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Dier - Winks - Aurier
Eriksen
Kane - Son​

[formation="4123, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Kane, Son"][/formation]

This is what I would go with, two players that can track back in Sonny and Sissoko on Vertonghen's side, to combat his lack of pace. Eriksen in a free role and drifting in behind Sir Harry Kane.

[formation="4123, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Kane, Son"][/formation]

This is what I would go with, two players that can track back in Sonny and Sissoko on Vertonghen's side, to combat his lack of pace. Eriksen in a free role and drifting in behind Sir Harry Kane.
That's a smart lineup.

Back
Top Bottom