Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure there's some things working to exacerbate the differences here, but even allowing for some of that - this is stark.

Well for starters it's the difference between using your muscles to push the leg off the ground to not using your muscles when it's in the air...

I am not totally against Bale joining Spurs - the main objection against him joining is his injury record.
Should he be joining Spurs I certainly would not want him as LWB as this journo suggests :rolleyes: :cool:

Even behind the scenes, Bale seemed to be a great character and a big boost for squad morale.

Furthermore, as he used to be a left-back, he could actually slot in seamlessly as a left wing-back in Conte’s system, while also offering an option at centre-forward.

To put it simply, Spurs would be mad not to give Bale at least one year to show he still has it – keep an eye on this saga, with a decision set to be made in May.

I am not totally against Bale joining Spurs - the main objection against him joining is his injury record.
Should he be joining Spurs I certainly would not want him as LWB as this journo suggests :rolleyes: :cool:

Even behind the scenes, Bale seemed to be a great character and a big boost for squad morale.

Furthermore, as he used to be a left-back, he could actually slot in seamlessly as a left wing-back in Conte’s system, while also offering an option at centre-forward.

To put it simply, Spurs would be mad not to give Bale at least one year to show he still has it – keep an eye on this saga, with a decision set to be made in May.
Lol. This isn't happening.

When he's still able to get on a football pitch he will score and create goals.

If we could bring him in on 50k per week with appearance and goal bonuses or something I would snap your hand off for another spell.

I hope this is bollocks.

Torn personally.

If he is an addition, on reasonable wages, who can bring something but does not get in the way of us bringing in youngsters then let's have it.

Additionally if Conte is keen or not resistant and sees no downside, Yes

The PL is bereft of players who can freely and readily find the net. Bale, even last season showed he could do it better than 90% of players.

We are going to lose Bergwijn, we may even see Moura leave, so we need to re-stock. Some youth but also some quality in a Bale would be fine, and he causes no issues.

Love him, he's my favourite Spurs player ever and the reason I support Spurs (alongside that Crouch goal v City), but I wouldn't have him back unless we sell both Lucas and Bergwijn. We need to keep developing Kulusevski, and Bale doesn't look like a good fit to Contes system regardless.

This latest Marca hit piece on him is sensational.

He has whoever wrote this piece incredibly rattled. Calling him a parasite and the like.

I'm not personally really excited by the prospect of him coming back, but if we could get him for a steal we could do far worse. I questioned his ability to make any kind of an impact when he came back to us on loan, but 11 goals in 20 appearances proved me wrong.

Ultimately, it would come down to if he would fit in Conte's system. If he and Paratici like him and feel like he can be an asset then great.

I would like freekicks like that at Spurs

Well in Bale

Back
Top Bottom