Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love him, he's my favourite Spurs player ever and the reason I support Spurs (alongside that Crouch goal v City), but I wouldn't have him back unless we sell both Lucas and Bergwijn. We need to keep developing Kulusevski, and Bale doesn't look like a good fit to Contes system regardless.
Still stand by this, as much as nostalgic me wants to see him in a Spurs shirt yet again.

He could coach H to take a free kick!!

Ill See Myself Out GIF by 99.1 The Mix

He has played 2 hours of football for Real Madrid in the last 6 months. Please stop with this idea that he could come back here and contribute.

His frail body can just about handle playing a match for Wales every couple of months and nothing more. He could never survive in the PL under Conte. It’s physically impossible.

I could see him coming back if wales qualify for the World Cup. He’ll need to go somewhere because he won’t get picked for the squad if he’s not training regularly and playing occasionally.
He clearly can contribute if he wants to, the question will be whether he wants to enough or whether he’d just be here for the training.

If,and that's a big if.
1. He is prepared to take a pay cut and realise he won't be the main man,but one of the main bit part players.
2. Conte would want him and actually use him to his strengths
3. Use him in a coaching capacity

Then maybe.

He has played 2 hours of football for Real Madrid in the last 6 months. Please stop with this idea that he could come back here and contribute.

His frail body can just about handle playing a match for Wales every couple of months and nothing more. He could never survive in the PL under Conte. It’s physically impossible.

No. No, I will not stop with this idea.

Bring him back. End of!

There's nothing you can do or say to change my mind either so 'shoooosh'.

Shush Shhhh GIF by MOODMAN

He could be an excellent off the bench choice especially if we're struggling to create something in a match we're chasing or need to break the deadlock in. His free kicks are extraordinary, I do wonder how many more points we'd have this season if in a 0-0 or narrow defeat we had someone on the pitch who doesn't send them either into the wall or well over.

He wouldn't be a first choice starter, but he would add something to the squad depth. He could certainly be a starter in Europa League matches though.

Of course, this all depends on if Conte even would want him and if Bale would be happy to accept that he's no longer an automatic starter and he'd need to be very sensible around his wage demands.

If,and that's a big if.
1. He is prepared to take a pay cut and realise he won't be the main man,but one of the main bit part players.
2. Conte would want him and actually use him to his strengths
3. Use him in a coaching capacity

Then maybe.
He'd be worth the fee even if it was only as Kane's free kick coach.

Back
Top Bottom