Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
Lineker doesn't work for the BBC. He is freelance. It's why he could also present BT Sport and La Liga. He was never bound by the same impartiality rules as people with exclusive BBC contracts.

So very fucking bored of having to point this out all the time whenever he does a tweet saying it's bad that migrants drown in boats or whatever and people on here think this is somehow a really offensive statement to make. The BBC have to keep paying his contract, if they try to sack him for this he can sue them and they won't have a leg to stand on.

Not one person on here thinks that's an offensive statement to make so fuck off you turd.

Everyone who has an issue with uncontrolled immigration fully supports legal migration for those that are being persecuted or lives are at risk.

Remind us again though how much persecution they are enduring in France.

Sick of you faux outraged wankers thinking you're above everyone else.

Crossing the lines of impartiality is surely when you facilitate £100ks of donations to a particular political party - one in government - whilst also arranging vast persons loans for former PM BJ? Or am I missing something?

We can all think Lineker is this and that… but people are allowing themselves to be taken for a complete ride if they think that this episode is anything but utterly pathetic political manoeuvring by the Conservatives in the face of so much abject failure on almost all of their recent policy agenda.

The Holocaust should always be spoken about. People really need reminding, especially with antisemitism on the rise. Jews in general (although I accept not all by any means) are very keen for that lesson to be refreshed.

(not that he said anything about the Holocaust)

If you talk about 1930s Nazi Germany most people will think holocaust

I agree that we should never forget like some of those holocaust deniers etc but Lineker was out of order

Ive recently watched several documentaries about it and still find it shocking including the USA stance in the 1930s when they knew what was happening yet still turned ships with refugees away to certain death

Not comparable with the present refugee problem imv

Seriously? Nazi Germany is a massive warning from history, the biggest in modern times by far, that's why it's used as a comparison. And so it should be.

I think its too serious a topic to be used to make a flippant point on the Internet

He knew that he was crossing a line as he said "am I out of order"

He thought he'd become invincible and could say anything, with zero consequences.

I think its too serious a topic to be used to make a flippant point on the Internet

He knew that he was crossing a line as he said "am I out of order"

He thought he'd become invincible and could say anything, with zero consequences.

He wasn't being flippant, far from it.

He also said 'and I’m out of order?'

Now that Gary is not presenting MOTD, I wonder if he fancies going to a game with the fans… does anyone know if he has a CRN? Asking for a friend…

:mourweird:

Back
Top Bottom