Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he’s probably a nice bloke but nowhere near the level we are looking to be at

I have absolutely no idea what he does, im not sure even he does

Isn’t a passer, isn’t a dribbler, isn’t a goal scorer, isn’t a defender, just a whole load of nothing

Cut losses immediately
He was a goal scorer at his prior club but I agree

Funnily enough, though Gio was decent when he came on. Provided the best moment of quality in the game with that shot off the post and played a few decent through balls. Still, a dinky, flawed player who needs to do so much more to be worth keeping around.

His shot was good but it was only a couple of inches better than Ben Davies shot and I doubt anyone suddenly thinks he's the answer to our problems.
I may be wrong but there could well have been passes on for both players that would have led to a better goal scoring chance tbh.

I know he's been poor for a long time, but I think there's a place for him alongside Skipp in Conte's 343.

That's based on the fact he had his best spell for us in a deep midfield role early in Mourinho's tenure.

He certainly has more playmaking ability than Hjobjerg, something we lacked against Everton, and he has the capability to bring just enough tenacity to play that role. I personally think Conte won't accept Ndombele there, as he lacks discipline / is too much of a free spirit.

So I'd like to see Lo Celso given a chance to play there - either with Skipp or Hojbjerg. Last chance saloon for Gio though really.

The thing is, Ben Davies will never get credit from some people, while they can't wait to praise others who have done far less in the shirt.
200.gif

Don Conte will get the best out of him and Ndombele, once he figures out their best position. Just chill
Genuinely hope so. If he can turn them into proper midfield warriors, I would be very happy.

I was hoping Lo Celso would be a bit more like Lamela in attitude. Coco was always hungry to do something, even if it was run around like a whirlwind of filth. Lo Celso hasn’t quite got that about him and I actually miss it.

Genuinely hope so. If he can turn them into proper midfield warriors, I would be very happy.

I was hoping Lo Celso would be a bit more like Lamela in attitude. Coco was always hungry to do something, even if it was run around like a whirlwind of filth. Lo Celso hasn’t quite got that about him and I actually miss it.

He did to begin with...... Used to put himself about to a decent degree... That's long gone though and he's half-hearted as fuck now.

:contesideeye:

Problem is that he's just a perfect fit for us.

There are moments (remember that waiver) when he appears to be the most gifted of midfielders. Little snippets of everything that a perfect number 7 has. Energy, tackling, movement, passing, dribbling, goal scoring.

This is the guy that if you paste 10 second clips together is every managers wet dream.

Next.

Bar Lloris every single one of our players (bar Skipp because he was out on loan and couldn't inherit the shitness of Tottenham Hotspur) has gone backwards in the last couple of years, not just Lo Celso. Even Kane is starting to play like he's been space Jammed lately. Something tells me that we have been massively mismanaged either through coaching, via lack of strategy or just general apathy of our players or all the above so I think it's pretty pointless singling out players at the moment when the majority of their developments have stalled.

Bar Lloris every single one of our players (bar Skipp because he was out on loan and couldn't inherit the shitness of Tottenham Hotspur) has gone backwards in the last couple of years, not just Lo Celso. Even Kane is starting to play like he's been space Jammed lately. Something tells me that we have been massively mismanaged either through coaching, via lack of strategy or just general apathy of our players or all the above so I think it's pretty pointless singling out players at the moment when the majority of their developments have stalled.
THFC is like the dream job to the majority of them players with the top class training facilities, new stadium, big wages and a chairman who will renew their contracts as he thinks he can screw another club if they show any interest in buying them.

Hopfully conte can sort it out and get rid of the deadwood and a few will step up and show the fight that they have lost.

THFC is like the dream job to the majority of them players with the top class training facilities, new stadium, big wages and a chairman who will renew their contracts as he thinks he can screw another club if they show any interest in buying them.

Hopfully conte can sort it out and get rid of the deadwood and a few will step up and show the fight that they have lost.

Both this and the post you responded to are correct.

Very few of our players, kick on for long enough and of course when they do... whoosh.

Conte or bust is about right. He will need to bring in 3 or 4 regardless.

That's pretty much it, you come to this club if you want to live in London, get relative well paid, cushty facilities and a culture that will allow you to down tools until the manager gets sacked, if any other walk of life most people wouldn't mind a job like that.

Conte will be the absolute best thing to happen to us, we couldn't have asked for a better manager to sort this shit out.

Lo celso has the playing ability of a damp rag. A most uninspiring player. He makes Mark Noble look like prime Pirlo. No doubt spurs will keep him for next decade because of that price tag.

Way too many mediocre lazy hang ons at this club

50 million quid

kRGvYpL.gif

Problem is that he's just a perfect fit for us.

There are moments (remember that waiver) when he appears to be the most gifted of midfielders. Little snippets of everything that a perfect number 7 has. Energy, tackling, movement, passing, dribbling, goal scoring.

This is the guy that if you paste 10 second clips together is every managers wet dream.

Next.

The saddest part of this is it was against a defence renowned for being flimsy at corners.
West Ham scored from a corner to win.
Watford scored from corners and free kicks IIRC
And we do that.

Lo celso has the playing ability of a damp rag. A most uninspiring player. He makes Mark Noble look like prime Pirlo. No doubt spurs will keep him for next decade because of that price tag.

Way too many mediocre lazy hang ons at this club

Lamela II
Missing. No contributions. Plays one decent game every now and then and the fans say "like a new signing"

I'm so glad we have Conte, but I'm so sick of this squad. So many of them are so weak and pathetic. But worse is how some of them seem to have fan clubs.

Back
Top Bottom