Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I used to have a lot of respect for this guy. He turned up to a manager that didn’t buy him and one that made it overtly clear didn’t want him

He was given limited game time and I thought and possibly he thought Mourinho wasn’t interested

Every minute he got he took with both hands and through sheer determination and playing some great stuff he was a starter. I thought he was a wonderful addition …. Seriously rated him. Skillful on the ball and a grafter off it. His skills being the sort of player Tottenham should always have in its ranks

Then I haven’t a bleedin scooby what happened …. Maybe it coincided with yet another injury but this guys star has fallen so hard

It’s genuinely difficult to not dislike him right now …. ‘Him was very close to being ‘this cunt’’
Where’s that inner strength that moral fortitude he used virtually to bully his way into Mourinhos reckoning

He’s a shadow of that man…. This version is to start …. Fucking average at football …. Perennially injured unless it’s his beloved Argentina!…. Unmotivated…. Lacking in any drive or commitment.

I mean I’m still offering some benefit of doubt because if I wasn’t I’d say he’s a disrespectful cunt.

In my opinion that farcical situation where him and his mate flew to Argentina peak pandemic should never have happened. Not never happened because of Brazil or Argentina levy or Boris

But because he (again v close) should’ve committed to spurs after recovery from his latest twist or tear.

To then cause all that bother and come back injured explains why I’m finding it so hard to go with a gender pronoun and not that cunt!!!

Knuckle down … respect the club and start playing like your life depends on it

There's a reason I'm interested in keeping him for the rest of the season: he was the one who sold Spurs to Romero. That doesn't seem like something somebody who'd downed tools would do.

We've seen what sort of tunes Conte's getting out of Winks and Dele. Once Gio's back to full strength - and I accept that doesn't seem to be very often - I'll be interested to see if Conte can work out how to get the best out of him. I watched a few of his Argentina games; he's no dud footballer.

If it just isn't working out by May then send him off to Betis or whoever.

Brittle, Argentina thing wouldn't bother me much if he wasn't so fragile, and his goal record for us is rubbish. Still think he's quite a good player and could see Conte getting a tune out of him.

Don't think there's a wealth of creative midfielders out there for us to pluck from other leagues... the likes of Majer or Adli would be a bit punty. Aouar? Florian Neuhaus or Tielemens as a deeper midfield passer. Brozovic? I wouldn't turn my nose up at James Maddison, or even Jesse Lingard. We clearly need more ability in our midfield if Lo Celso and Ndombele don't improve on what they've been to this point.

Brittle, Argentina thing wouldn't bother me much if he wasn't so fragile, and his goal record for us is rubbish. Still think he's quite a good player and could see Conte getting a tune out of him.

Don't think there's a wealth of creative midfielders out there for us to pluck from other leagues... the likes of Majer or Adli would be a bit punty. Aouar? Florian Neuhaus or Tielemens as a deeper midfield passer. Brozovic? I wouldn't turn my nose up at James Maddison, or even Jesse Lingard. We clearly need more ability in our midfield if Lo Celso and Ndombele don't improve on what they've been to this point.
Not Maddison please, he makes me cringe......and not in a good way!
Bobcat Goldthwait Omg GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

If Conte can get a tune out of Winks and Dele the he will have no problem getting one out of Gio.

Problem is the cunt's never available.

If he hasn't turned it round by the end of the season he's a goner imo. Same with Ndombele.

Should get rid if we can get decent money for him. He's only ever been average for us on the whole. He's a player that wants and needs time on the ball and you rarely get that in the Premier League. Skipp already craps on him despite being years younger.

He hasn't had a proper go yet under Conte so might be worth one last shot to see what he can get out of him.

Not Maddison please, he makes me cringe......and not in a good way!
Bobcat Goldthwait Omg GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

You would soon get over that if he was banging them in and creating in a Spurs shirt though! 😊

When he's on it he would improve just about any side, including ours. The likes of Kane and Son would love him.

His one drawback other than rubbing people up the wrong way is that he has periods where he blows hot and cold. He can look one of the best of his type in Europe for a month or two, and then look half arsed for a number of games.

He's never been particularly good for us. There was a lot of hype about him at first but not deserved really.

had some games where he looked promising but that's it. Should just get rid of him and forget this flop signing. Could have bought Fernandes instead.

Sorry but he always seems to be fit when Argentina are involved. I’m not usually one for the ‘faking injury’ conspiracies but it’s so odd how he’s never fit for us, always fit for them.

Just unfortunate I guess…

Sorry but he always seems to be fit when Argentina are involved. I’m not usually one for the ‘faking injury’ conspiracies but it’s so odd how he’s never fit for us, always fit for them.

Just unfortunate I guess…

Gio may very well be more committed to his int. career than Spurs, but I don't think players consciously fake injuries as such..... Just some are over-sensitive to the slightest niggle and are risk-averse.

See: Daniel Sturridge.

Back
Top Bottom