Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn’t there many rumours that he was a proper moody prick around the place too, not very well liked by team mates and club staff?

Either way, it’s hard to envisage him coming back here and making any real contribution, unless Pochettino returns.

Why can't Villarreal just buy him
2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Looking at Instagram, a lot of our players have a lot of admiration for him. I can only think he was exiled because Conte didn’t get on with him (remember there was some rumours last year that he was loaned out because he was “weird”)

The whole Conte and Paratici project was to have a team full of big bastards. Lo Celso is small, that’s why Conte never wanted to play Gil.

Also means we are cumbersome against the press and slow to recover against counter press

If we can't get a decent fee for him I'd be open to bringing him back. To me he's PEH with better ability on the ball.

If we play a three man midfield with Skipp as a DM, Lo Celso could easily do what PEH does and partner either Bissouma or Benta quite nicely.
Yea think he can still offer us something. Either in CM 3 or in kulu position. I like his little shirt passes a la modric. If he stays fit he could be our new modric. His busy, tackles, holds the ball and basically keeps things ticking . Also offers one thing we lack is some to play vertical passes cutting the lines.

I really didn't understand Conte with this one at all. He is very much a Conte type. Decent footballer, reasonable work ethic with a soupçon of shithousery. Especially when we completely lacked someone to link midfield and attack.
Yea he actually played him had a good gane then banished him next gane from the match day squad. GLC then tweeted he was fit. Implying he was dropped for something else. Those here being arrogant saying he’d be perfect for villa who are right behind us in the table. Why some fans think like that? He’d prbly be a hit there then everyone would moan why we let him go. His still better technically then almost any of our midfielders and forwards. He may have other things wrong with him but his still a decent footballer.

He got a hamstring injury and never returned to his levels. When he did he was more of a bench player rather than a nailed on starter. Then Mason and Nuno didn't fancy him at all, and Conte saw his corner in his first match against Everton and decided to sell him immediately.
Ffs has he not seems sons corners for last two years or royals attempts at crossing?

What could we get in the transfer market for him and ndombelly at the end of the season?
50 million for the pair?
Would pay for Maddison.. asking for an accountant friend.

Wasn’t there many rumours that he was a proper moody prick around the place too, not very well liked by team mates and club staff?

Either way, it’s hard to envisage him coming back here and making any real contribution, unless Pochettino returns.
Literally seen one person make some unfounded comment that his mate knows the tea lady or something and she said she "weren't keen", somehow that has snowballed into him being toxic...

Oh, and apparently he wanted to never ever play football for Spurs and just save himself for Argentina duty, because they'd definitely pick him if he never played at club level...

:romeroshock:

He's a better footballer than Gil for example, who many want (including myself) to be given a chance here.

I think the difference is that Gil has barely played therefore not done enough to be abused and turned on by the Spurs fans yet.

What could we get in the transfer market for him and ndombelly at the end of the season?
50 million for the pair?
Would pay for Maddison.. asking for an accountant friend.
We would be lucky giving Ndombele away for free.

lo Celso can’t do the physicality of EPL. Spanish or Italian leagues suit him better. But the teams there have no money. Maybe £10m?

Yea he actually played him had a good gane then banished him next gane from the match day squad. GLC then tweeted he was fit. Implying he was dropped for something else. Those here being arrogant saying he’d be perfect for villa who are right behind us in the table. Why some fans think like that? He’d prbly be a hit there then everyone would moan why we let him go. His still better technically then almost any of our midfielders and forwards. He may have other things wrong with him but his still a decent footballer.

The thing is, he certainly would have offered something we don’t have and have been lacking, a bit of craft and ability to play through a press. Would have been a good option if we wanted to switch to a 352 or to bring on in games,

Back
Top Bottom