Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7u1mnk.gif

Lo Celso has two years left on his contract. Now is the time to sell, I don't think anyone would dare negotiate an extension to his contract. Too much risk.

Time to move on

Lo Celso has two years left on his contract. Now is the time to sell, I don't think anyone would dare negotiate an extension to his contract. Too much risk.

Time to move on

I would fear that his revisionism is because he has 2 years left on his contract and wants to persuade Spurs that a contract extension would be sensible to maintain his value

Problem is that once he's secured a huge wage for a few more years he'd resume life waiting for the Argentina games whilst doing f all in a Spurs shirt and likely occupying our medical facilities.

Worth recalling that he completed 90 minutes in just SEVEN PL games in his first two and a half seasons at Spurs.

I would fear that his revisionism is because he has 2 years left on his contract and wants to persuade Spurs that a contract extension would be sensible to maintain his value

Problem is that once he's secured a huge wage for a few more years he'd resume life waiting for the Argentina games whilst doing f all in a Spurs shirt and likely occupying our medical facilities.

Worth recalling that he completed 90 minutes in just SEVEN PL games in his first two and a half seasons at Spurs.

He is so easily replaceable there is really no point in wasting time on him. Apparently he still wants to leave, yes he is feeling happier and Ange has come out praising him but there are clubs after him. I read that Real Sociedad want him to replace David Silva and that would be a good move for him. Much more suited to Spanish football imo

Sorry Gio...... Pre-season was nice and all, but the boy Eze seems to be coming onto the market.

:troll:

He is so easily replaceable there is really no point in wasting time on him. Apparently he still wants to leave, yes he is feeling happier and Ange has come out praising him but there are clubs after him. I read that Real Sociedad want him to replace David Silva and that would be a good move for him. Much more suited to Spanish football imo

Real Sociadad record transfer fee 20m euros. Not sure they could afford him

Barcelona should be able to afford him though, despite their financial state

Sorry Gio...... Pre-season was nice and all, but the boy Eze seems to be coming onto the market.

:troll:

Certainly an attractive proposition - but even though he's just declined a contract extension, he has 2 years left on his contract (signed a 5 year deal in 2000), so won't be cheap

and estimated wages of Ndombele and Lo Celso ? Will Palace want those ?

Ndombele @200kpw? Unlikely
GLC @70kpw? More viable....
PEH @101kpw? Hmmmm.... Maybe; less of a luxury player for them though so more justifiable than the other 2.

.......But to clarify; I'm deep in fantasy football thinking here. :)

Certainly an attractive proposition - but even though he's just declined a contract extension, he has 2 years left on his contract (signed a 5 year deal in 2000), so won't be cheap

So he’s been playing out of contract for 18 years? How has no one picked him up?

It's like the Dele's twin brother thing all over again.
When fit Lo Celso has been good (not for Spurs). That's the difference.

I don't think many are super hopeful he will be amazing but the limited value we will get by selling him might be outweighed by his value here.

He's been shit for Spurs
He's not shit
We won't get decent cash for him
Give him a go
If we get cash sell

Real Sociadad record transfer fee 20m euros. Not sure they could afford him

Barcelona should be able to afford him though, despite their financial state

I would sell Hojberg, LoCelso and Ndombele for a combined 50-60 mill pounds and use all that money to buy Eze.

Back
Top Bottom