Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But who would want to tale on their combined wages ?

What combined wages, I'm taking about separate deals. Sell Hoj to A Madrid for 20-25mill, LoCelso to a Spanish club for 20 mill and Ndombele to some club in Turkey or wherever for 15 mill. Use the income from the three sales to buy Eze

What combined wages, I'm taking about separate deals. Sell Hoj to A Madrid for 20-25mill, LoCelso to a Spanish club for 20 mill and Ndombele to some club in Turkey or wherever for 15 mill. Use the income from the three sales to buy Eze

So will the Turkish club want to take on the reputed wages of Ndombele of £200k pw (£10m pa) onn a 3 or 5 year contract ? Same issue with Lo Celso to a Spanish club

eze another hype job. if he ever gets out of palace you'll see how ridiculous this suggestion is.

So will the Turkish club want to take on the reputed wages of Ndombele of £200k pw (£10m pa) onn a 3 or 5 year contract ? Same issue with Lo Celso to a Spanish club

Because those clubs are getting the players for a lower than normal transfer fee they can pay a higher wage. Of course not what we are paying, but the players themselves will have to take a pay cut wherever they go. Apparently Hojbjerg has already agreed personal terms with A Madrid, like i said earlier Real Sociedad are looking at LoCelso to replace Silva. I dont think Silva was earning the same wage at Sociedad that he was on at Man City.

Eze, Viega, or even Gallagher.....doesnt matter who, I don't really care. More important is who Ange wants to spend the money on
he probably doesnt want any of them considering hes got about 8 to choose from now that cost him nothing. pretty sure if theres money available hed wanna improve the defence rather than our strongest area

Eze is class.

Will explode this season
we will see. hell no doubt be the new zaha where everyone thinks hes better than palace, the times palace have been on and ive watched him ive never seen what all the fuss is about, but we will see. decent player, but i wouldnt be chopping in argentina internationals for him! a genuine good playmaker would shine bright playing for a team like palace, not like they are playing teams camped in against them.

we will see. hell no doubt be the new zaha where everyone thinks hes better than palace, the times palace have been on and ive watched him ive never seen what all the fuss is about, but we will see. decent player, but i wouldnt be chopping in argentina internationals for him! a genuine good playmaker would shine bright playing for a team like palace, not like they are playing teams camped in against them.

We have seen with his form at the end of the season.

I wouldn't cut Lo Celso for him though. Eze is right now the advanced 8, where Maddison plays. Lo Celso can do that but he's also able to be the B2B 8 as well.

Biss
Maddison Lo Celso

Could work as a 3 against the right team.

Biss
Maddison Eze

is too much unless you are playing a lower league team in the cup

We have seen with his form at the end of the season.

I wouldn't cut Lo Celso for him though. Eze is right now the advanced 8, where Maddison plays. Lo Celso can do that but he's also able to be the B2B 8 as well.

Biss
Maddison Lo Celso

Could work as a 3 against the right team.

Biss
Maddison Eze

is too much unless you are playing a lower league team in the cup
yea i think against solid sides you might need sarr in there with biss, thats a powerful midfield that wont get run over physically.

gio is a free spin for us, if it doesnt work then no big deal as we had given up on him and ndombele anyway, but if he does come good then what a bonus. we will know after a couple months of the prem being back. he is giving off the impression that we could see a big change. remember his first 6 months? he was one of our main players. whatevers gone on i dont know but if he can get back to hoe he was in that first 6 months then what a bonus!

against them shithouses down the bottom that have been camping in and countering us and getting results against us, defo worth going madders and gio. need lock pickers.

yea i think against solid sides you might need sarr in there with biss, thats a powerful midfield that wont get run over physically.

gio is a free spin for us, if it doesnt work then no big deal as we had given up on him and ndombele anyway, but if he does come good then what a bonus. we will know after a couple months of the prem being back. he is giving off the impression that we could see a big change. remember his first 6 months? he was one of our main players. whatevers gone on i dont know but if he can get back to hoe he was in that first 6 months then what a bonus!

Agree.

I'd prefer to see him in the MF with Biss over Hojberg and Biss, that much i'm sure off.

Also if we need to rest Maddison after 60-70min, Lo Celso has that ability to control possession and slow tempo. Very few English players understand how to control tempo with the ball.

Agree.

I'd prefer to see him in the MF with Biss over Hojberg and Biss, that much i'm sure off.

Also if we need to rest Maddison after 60-70min, Lo Celso has that ability to control possession and slow tempo. Very few English players understand how to control tempo with the ball.
yea hes a tidy little footballer lo celso. different type of playmaker to maddison. good to have the options, horses for courses!

once kane shit is sorted and we get the defensive upgrades theres a lot to be excited about.

bissouma
bentancur
sarr
gio
ndom
maddison
PEH
skipp
devine

Only Maddison, Bissouma, Bentancur and maybe Sarr are certain to stay for next season. I think the rest can be sold and replaced or in Devine's case sent on loan. I see you rate LoCelso highly, I'm very sceptical about him, his desire, his fitness. Two encouraging 45 min performances in pre season against a West Ham B team and a bunch of sailors is not enough to convince me he is ready for a full PL season. Hojberg wants to leave, Ndombele is not a PL footballer and Skipp is just lucky that he is homegrown. Yes Ange needs to urgently fix the centre back shitshow but that midfield will need his attention after that, especially an 8 that scores goals.

Only Maddison, Bissouma, Bentancur and maybe Sarr are certain to stay for next season. I think the rest can be sold and replaced or in Devine's case sent on loan. I see you rate LoCelso highly, I'm very sceptical about him, his desire, his fitness. Two encouraging 45 min performances in pre season against a West Ham B team and a bunch of sailors is not enough to convince me he is ready for a full PL season. Hojberg wants to leave, Ndombele is not a PL footballer and Skipp is just lucky that he is homegrown. Yes Ange needs to urgently fix the centre back shitshow but that midfield will need his attention after that, especially an 8 that scores goals.
of course they aint going to all stay but hes got 9 to choose his best from. ndombele you can write off, the rest is a decent pool to pick from.

i think if kanes off then its the front line that will be a priority over the midfied. the midfield he chooses will be good enough for this season especially with only one game a week.

its not that i rate lo celso highly i just think he could be a big bonus for us this year, hes a far better bet than paying 40m for eze or gallagher thats for sure.

What a fantastic little player he is. Just a shame Levy spent years on his ego project of Mourinho and Conte of out negative outdated football.

When we had a team full of players that thrive on flowing attacking football.

Lo Celso in the last two pre-season friendlies has been fantastic.

Son ----- Richy ---- Porro

Maddison ----------------- Lo Celso
Bissouma

Destiny - Romero - New CB - Royale

I think that centre three (Bentancur is not fit to play yet and the Longterm effects of his injuries remains undecided, some players just never get back to their former greatness) and forward three would cause oppositions a nightmare to defend against.

Lo Celso has been playing some wonderful stuff and has really linked up the play really well and can see a cutting pass that forwards can run unto.

Love him, I think he will be like a new signing under Ange.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom