Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, they just see us as a free player factory at this point.
We're paying Lo Celso too much aren't we?

He's never giving up his Spurs contract because he will not get a better offer.

Levy wants a fee for him and will loan him out to get his wages paid at the last minute if no bids come in.

Yeah, they just see us as a free player factory at this point.

So if LoCelso is so damn hot, where are the other clubs tripping over themselves to buy him from the free factory?

There is little interest in him, like in the majority of our players. A clear sign of a disastrous scouting and recruitment policy which has filled out squad with bad purchases we can no longer move on.

So if LoCelso is so damn hot, where are the other clubs tripping over themselves to buy him from the free factory?

There is little interest in him, like in the majority of our players. A clear sign of a disastrous scouting and recruitment policy which has filled out squad with bad purchases we can no longer move on.
Barcelona want to buy him, but they're broke. Aston Villa is also interested. Just two champions and a PL club playing European football.

We're paying Lo Celso too much aren't we?

He's never giving up his Spurs contract because he will not get a better offer.

Levy wants a fee for him and will loan him out to get his wages paid at the last minute if no bids come in.

He only has two years left on his contract. If any club comes in and offers him a four year contract on half the money he is earning at Spurs he will be no worse off.

He only has two years left on his contract. If any club comes in and offers him a four year contract on half the money he is earning at Spurs he will be no worse off.
He will mate.

He can pick up his Spurs wages for the next two years and then any offer he receives in two years time, when he will be a free agent, will be extra.

Are you employed or self employed?

He will mate.

He can pick up his Spurs wages for the next two years and then any offer he receives in two years time, when he will be a free agent, will be extra.

Are you employed or self employed?

Of course but that doesn't mean it's his intention to do so. Every footballer could do that but not many do. If LoCelso cares about his career and his personal life surely he would prefer joining a club where he is wanted, where he wants to play football, in a league he is more suited, and where he and his family are happy. If he is the type to just sit on the last two years of his Spurs contract because he cannot get that salary anywhere else then it confirms without doubt we signed an absolute prick who no fan should want near the team

The club have to decide what to do. Give him a new contract on improved terms, mone money of course, because his current one has two years left or do their best to sell him on now while he has more value than in one years time when his contract will have one year remaining. So what would you do, give him a new contract?

Really?

The whole of the football team looked as though they couldn't be bothered to put the effort in last season.

What we have had for the last 4 years, could be described as nothing less than a shambles. I really honest don't care how players played over the last 4 years.

We had the wrong managers, playing the wrong systems, playing soul destroying football prescribed by outdated negative defence minded dinosaurs.

However, what I have seen over the last 2 pre-season matches, Lo Celso, clearly can have a role play and was linking up very well... Infact it's suited all of our players very well.

Just need those quality CB's
You're entitled to your opinion about the football team as a whole and the coaching staff but to compare 4 years (in your estimation) of famine with 2 'friendly' games of plenty against wet spam and drunken sailors is ludicrous and strengthens the charge for straw clutching.

I also disagree with your analogy of shambles over the last 4 years albeit there have been more troughs than peaks however we finished 4th last year without GLC so lets see how high we finish this season with him.

Last edited:
You're entitled to your opinion about the football team as a whole and the coaching staff but to compare 4 years (in your estimation) of famine with 2 'friendly' games of plenty against wet spam and drunken sailors is ludicrous and strengthens the charge or straw clutching.

I also disagree with your analogy of shambles over the last 4 years albeit there have been more troughs than peaks however we finished 4th last year without GLC so lets see how high we finish this season with him.
We finished outside of European competition places completely last season without him.

Like I said, you can't take anything from the last 4 years, it's been an unmitigated mess.

We finished outside of European competition places completely last season without him.

Like I said, you can't take anything from the last 4 years, it's been an unmitigated mess.
Are you a train driver ? I think you're suffering from tunnel vision, how the feck do you expect anyone to accept your knew version of him when you are incapable or unwilling to acknowledge how shit he's been in the past.

Lest we forget.....in the last 10 years he's been bought and sold 3 times involving Rosario, PSG, Real Betis and Spurs. Every one of the buying clubs sent him out on loan (a total of 4 times) only to sell him on his return. Trouble is despite the plethora of supposed suitors/admirers neither they nor the club he was last loaned to have either bid or taken up the option to buy.

As for where we finished last season that would have been the case with or without him can't say the same about the season before though.

If Ange thinks he can do a job for us I'll be delighted but if you think it is somehow reasonable to delete the last 4 years yet use the last fortnight to suit your agenda then I suggest you go into politics where a week lasts for an eternity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom