Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to media reports teams have offered from 15-25m. So yeah, you're dead on. That seems his market value.

He's 27, has a poor injury record, and is a busy midfielder but doesn't really score or create much. Found a little role with Argentina but that just puts him in the Rodrigo De Paul category. He's an alright footballer who, if he stays fit, does a good job for a Villareal or a Lazio.

Talk of 50m is a pipe dream based on nothing more than some nice Ange comments and a couple of good pre-season games - we'd bite a teams hand straight off if they offered 40.

His big thing to say is that he plays with Messi and gives Messi many key passes when playing for Argentina .

Doesn't seem to understand that doesn't mean he's on a similar level as Messi and that a donkey might so a similar job of passing to Messi !

Why would we need to accept them?

Get him off the payroll - we took 31 players on tour with about 5 out injured so we need to lose some players.

We have enough midfield players without him - might replace Hojbjerg if he is sold but that's about it. Especially playing once a week in PL with no european mid week games

I think we should give him a chance under a manager that doesn’t play fucking shit football.

He seems to fit the system, postecoglou even said so himself. Obviously if he’s still crap then he can be sold.

His big thing to say is that he plays with Messi and gives Messi many key passes when playing for Argentina .

Doesn't seem to understand that doesn't mean he's on a similar level as Messi and that a donkey might so a similar job of passing to Messi !

The Argentina NT is 10 decent to good players working hard around one GOAT. Has been for years.

And it works better that way, when they had prime Aguero, Tevez etc with Messi it didn't really work. Now they still have the likes of Di Maria but he's willing to play a very support role. The GLC, McAllister, Rodrigo de Paul types just do the "run about + get ball to Messi" role.

Get him off the payroll - we took 31 players on tour with about 5 out injured so we need to lose some players.

We have enough midfield players without him - might replace Hojbjerg if he is sold but that's about it. Especially playing once a week in PL with no european mid week games

Rodon
Reguillon
Lloris
Perisic
Tanganga
Hojberg

All look set to come off the payroll.

And despite the numbers, we don’t have a payroll issue. Wage to turnover is low.

Squad size is a different thing but we don’t have a lot of options for the #10 or advanced 8 positions tbh.

Will say it prob makes sense to shift Tanguy if Gio stays

The Argentina NT is 10 decent to good players working hard around one GOAT. Has been for years.

And it works better that way, when they had prime Aguero, Tevez etc with Messi it didn't really work. Now they still have the likes of Di Maria but he's willing to play a very support role. The GLC, McAllister, Rodrigo de Paul types just do the "run about + get ball to Messi" role.

I was exaggerating a bit saying a donkey could do as well - perhaps better phrase would be a water carrier'

But even a water carrier has a limited value as they only need to be fairly average players servicing a master player

Chelsea just spent 100m on Enzo who does the job of getting the ball to Messi

Rodon
Reguillon
Lloris
Perisic
Tanganga
Hojberg

All look set to come off the payroll.

And despite the numbers, we don’t have a payroll issue. Wage to turnover is low.

Squad size is a different thing but we don’t have a lot of options for the #10 or advanced 8 positions tbh.

Will say it prob makes sense to shift Tanguy if Gio stays

I suspect even less of a market for Ndombele than Lo Celso - and higher wages.

Maddison, Bissouma, Skipp, Sarr, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, White probably enough playing once a week

Chelsea just spent 100m on Enzo who does the job of getting the ball to Messi

They paid incredibly over the odds for Enzo because he's 21 and was doing absolute bits in Portugal by all accounts (a complete mid all over there) and they paid for the potential. Way too much because Boehly is crazy.

But all said and done I thought Enzo stood out as clearly their best CM in the World Cup.

If you replace him with a 10.

I can see where you are coming from there.

But why do that when you can keep Gio and spend it on better CBs?

Or a RW to compete with Kulu?

If we get 20m for Gio put that money towards our CB fund if we need it.

Kulusevski can be covered by Solomon playing as RW - think Kulusevski could also play an an attacking CM too.

So we do not need to keep Gio or Ndombele - our problem is to sell or loan them.

If we get 20m for Gio put that money towards our CB fund if we need it.

Kulusevski can be covered by Solomon playing as RW - think Kulusevski could also play an an attacking CM too.

So we do not need to keep Gio or Ndombele - our problem is to sell or loan them.

Ok

If Ange likes him, I’d say we don’t need to sell him.

We can live without him but if Ange rates him, may as well let him stay.

Ok

If Ange likes him, I’d say we don’t need to sell him.

We can live without him but if Ange rates him, may as well let him stay.

If I were Ange I'd be inclined to say I liked all the players - just makes it easier if he has to keep some that he thinks are average but cannot move them on as there are no buyers.

Come end of August (close of window) Ange will need to finalise the 25 out of circa 35 players currently on roster (and hopefully at least 2 CB's/other players to be transferred in)

Are you a train driver ? I think you're suffering from tunnel vision, how the feck do you expect anyone to accept your knew version of him when you are incapable or unwilling to acknowledge how shit he's been in the past.

Lest we forget.....in the last 10 years he's been bought and sold 3 times involving Rosario, PSG, Real Betis and Spurs. Every one of the buying clubs sent him out on loan (a total of 4 times) only to sell him on his return. Trouble is despite the plethora of supposed suitors/admirers neither they nor the club he was last loaned to have either bid or taken up the option to buy.

As for where we finished last season that would have been the case with or without him can't say the same about the season before though.

If Ange thinks he can do a job for us I'll be delighted but if you think it is somehow reasonable to delete the last 4 years yet use the last fortnight to suit your agenda then I suggest you go into politics where a week lasts for an eternity.
I'm not saying he hasn't been shit in the past for us.

I'm just not ignoring the fact that we had three managers in Mourinho, Nuno and Conte and all three played negative defence football and never used our squad to their full advantage.

Now we have a manager that is playing aggressive attacking football it seems to suit players like Lo Celso, I have also been impressed with Solomon, Bissouma, Richy, Destiny etc. It's only pre-season but they have impressed me too.

I'm sure there are players that have impressed you during pre-season and why not? If a player impresses, then a player impresses, even if he had a torrid time before. I'm not gonna lie about it, jsut gonna say it as it.

Of course, you need to wait till the season gets into full swing to make a full judgement, but things are looking promising, and I like what I have seen of Lo Celso under Ange.

Back
Top Bottom