Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd definitely keep him around for the season, knocks and all, unless we are absolutely nailed on to get another footballer cm in to replace him, the sight of PEH or Skipp limbering up to come on for any of our other cms is soul destroying.

They're perfectly serviceable midfielders for many a side, but for what we are aiming to play they are totally counter productive.

Having GLC in the squad means that PEH or Skipp will still play, as is clearly being proven today again.

Having GLC in the squad just means we have a privilege to pay him salaries. Not privilege of using him in games. So sooner we get rid of him, the better. If needed, use Donley or anyone else from U21 side.

P.S - coming back to your question who I would prefer to use then I'd like to change my previous option. If question is PEH or GLC, then my answer is Donley or Joonsup-Bell or someone third. No one could realistically answer GLC, cause he is jus not a reliable option to call upon.

Let's be real, "a knock in training" this close to the transfer window can mean a lot of things.

Not saying it is but considering the way that Deki has played at 10, it wouldn't shock me if this was a sign the club feel a deal with Barca is getting done.

That option crossed my mind as well.

Really hoping that this really is the case.

Guess it just highlights what a dissapointment he has been for this club.
That fans are hoping he is already shipped off behind the scenes as borderline conspiracy theory...

That option crossed my mind as well.

Really hoping that this really is the case.

Guess it just highlights what a dissapointment he has been for this club.

That fans are hoping he is already shipped off behind the scenes as borderline conspiracy theory...

Not really imo.

He's actually playing well for us and the fact that we could get a decent fee for him shows that he wasn't that bad of an investment after all... Just that the chaotic conditions of our recruitment not matching our coaching choices means we maybe never saw the best of him.

Not really imo.

He's actually playing well for us and the fact that we could get a decent fee for him shows that he wasn't that bad of an investment after all... Just that the chaotic conditions of our recruitment not matching our coaching choices means we maybe never saw the best of him.
that's one way to spin it.

Now back to the real world. He's been bang average to poor for the most part with the occasional good period here and there (which doesn't last very long). Before this recent streaky patch of 2 goals he had 1 goal and 1 assist in 58 league games for us. We spent 45m on him and proceeded to loan him out.

we could get a decent fee? where are you reading this? all I'm seeing is Barca want him on loan. He has been a poor signing for the money spent.

Now back to the real world. He's been bang average to poor for the most part with the occasional good period here and there (which doesn't last very long). Before this recent streaky patch of 2 goals he had 1 goal and 1 assist in 58 league games for us. We spent 45m on him and proceeded to loan him out.

we could get a decent fee? where are you reading this? all I'm seeing is Barca want him on loan. He has been a poor signing for the money spent.

Where you see that they want him on loan?

Lonely Conor Mckenna GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Gio & Sess tape.

Not really imo.

He is not even playing. Now that he has been ruled out for todays game, it will mean across 17 games he has been on the field for 18,75% of minutes.
And that is under Ange. Could not blame Parmesan Pulis or no one else for that.

"we could get decent fee for him" ? What? Where? Ofc nothing is announced or public, but I think if we would get 20 million for him, it would be absolute max. Most likely we don't get even that. And we paid for him 48 million. So we will lose roughly 30 million euros.

Also across only his time with us, we have paid 81,6 th EUR for him per week... even if we count out 1,5 seasons he was sent away (during which time we most likely subsidised his salary), meaning roughly speaking we've paid him for 3 full seasons. that is 12,8 million euros.

EVEN IF we manage to get rid of him for 18 million, it means that meanwhile he has been carrying cost of 42 million euros. And what did we get for return? Less than 20% of minutes played in EPL. Yes - for 80 % he was absolutely useless. So actually this 42 million has not been cost, but absolute waste for 2nd biggest flop that this football club has ever seen.

If he would not play any more minutes in EPL for us, it would mean that his overall cost for ONE MINUTE of EPL football has been 14 218 EUR. And cost for any goal participation? SEVEN MILLION EUROS per goal.

He is not even playing. Now that he has been ruled out for todays game, it will mean across 17 games he has been on the field for 18,75% of minutes.

"we could get decent fee for him" ? What? Where? Ofc nothing is announced or public, but I think if we would get 20 million for him, it would be absolute max. Most likely we don't get even that. And we paid for him 48 million. So we will lose roughly 30 million euros.

Also across only his time with us, we have paid 81,6 th EUR for him per week... even if we count out 1,5 seasons he was sent away (during which time we most likely subsidised his salary), meaning roughly speaking we've paid him for 3 full seasons. that is 12,8 million euros.

EVEN IF we manage to get rid of him for 18 million, it means that meanwhile he has been carrying cost of 42 million euros. And what did we get for return? Less than 20% of minutes played in EPL. Yes - for 80 % he was absolutely useless. So actually this 42 million has not been cost, but absolute waste for 2nd biggest flop that this football club has ever seen.

If he would not play any more minutes in EPL for us, it would mean that his overall cost for ONE MINUTE of EPL football has been 14 218 EUR. And cost for any goal participation? SEVEN MILLION EUROS per goal.

Parmesan Pulis :harrylol:

It is literally everywhere that they want him on loan.

Guess why? Because they don't value him.

Hope we can force them to cough up some money though. But I assume that since we demand actual purchase or purchase obligation, they go on to some other target.

Haven't seen that anywhere. Seen that Xavi wants him bad and sees it as a sign of his board backing his position. Nothing about a loan.

Let's be real, "a knock in training" this close to the transfer window can mean a lot of things.

Not saying it is but considering the way that Deki has played at 10, it wouldn't shock me if this was a sign the club feel a deal with Barca is getting done.

Or maybe it’s just a knock? This player is physically feeble and has picked up many knocks before, even in training.

We are in the middle of an injury crisis and I’d like to think that Ange decides who to select based on what the team needs, not what Levy’s fax machine says. Kane’s move to Bayern didn’t stop him playing in pre-season, did it?

Of course we absolutely should be selling him in January but if he’s fit we need him to be in the squad.

Or maybe it’s just a knock? This player is physically feeble and has picked up many knocks before, even in training.

We are in the middle of an injury crisis and I’d like to think that Ange decides who to select based on what the team needs, not what Levy’s fax machine says. Kane’s move to Bayern didn’t stop him playing in pre-season, did it?

Of course we absolutely should be selling him in January but if he’s fit we need him to be in the squad.

If he doesn't play again before January then we will know the deal.

Thank you. Here are the facts. He's been an epic mistake just like burger boi. I want them both gone yesterday!

The most shocking thing here, is that he's played 58 times. I can barely recall 5 of them.

You've been here long enough to know how it goes.
Coaches ultimately have to answer to Levy, not vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom