Good article on soccer in USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on guys, don't stop now. I was hoping we could get to 10 pages of cunting someone off for their opinion, mindlessly accusing them of racism, taking things they say out of context or not even bothering to read what I say half the time.

Just a reminder, there's been 8 pages of bitching because I said:

This caused you to go apeshit and fanatical. You've really changed my mind, reminding me how tactile and diplomatic Americans can be when they need to be, I now fully embrace your culture :adethumbup:

Only person who came out of this well was BrooklynYid BrooklynYid , who tried to calm the situation down. I expect Joe Clash Joe Clash to be a cunt and no doubt we will go back to our normal love in tomorrow.
You still don't know dick about "American culture" so please don't try to embrace it even if you wanted to.

Only an anti-American like you could not have a good time on a road trip along the coast.

You still don't know dick about "American culture" so please don't try to embrace it even if you wanted to.

There we go, that's the mindless, baseless, ridiculous, childish and stupid accusations/posts I love to hear. Keep it up, Broski, it really 'educates' me and makes me view your entire creed as better people.

No one in the world can not know about American culture. It's impossible. There's even a fucking word for it, Americanisation. I've already said I don't like it; why would I then try to embrace it? :gallashmm:

There we go, that's the mindless, baseless, ridiculous, childish and stupid accusations/posts I love to hear. Keep it up, Broski, it really 'educates' me and makes me view your entire creed as better people.

No one in the world can not know about American culture. It's impossible. There's even a fucking word for it, Americanisation. I've already said I don't like it; why would I then try to embrace it? :gallashmm:
The trip post was a joke, the second quote was not. And why would I want to try to educate you? You're the last person I would have a serious discussion on America on here.

I think you need to differentiate between american culture and how the people live their lives, and the policy of the american government and the major corporations and how they run their economy.

Relatives on my dads side of my family married into american families (from california) and everytime that I've met them, they're good people. Of course there are cultural differences (In my case between australians and americans), their accent can be damn annoying, but overall they were just good, normal people.
eat, shit, sleep, go to work each day and do whatever they want on the weekends

While at the same time at school (I went to a private school, anglican based) there were some americans there too, and they were just damn annoying. mostly either mormans from Utah or religious nutcases from Texas. Had a fucking opinion on everything, you couldn't say anything that they didn't agree with, everytime you swore they had to come back with 'can you please not cuss around me?", that really fucking pissed me off. And everything had to be about religion, stereotypical no abortion, no drinking, no sex till marriage blah blah blah

each nation and culture has it's far extremes, I guess it's upto the individual on how they want to view each society and take it each one on its merits and judge for themselves

just as an addition to that as well for some context.
private schools in australia are usually religious based,
teach the same shit as the public schools but they also teach religion as well,
anglican(which I think is the same as protestant), catholic, 7th day adventist, jewish, Islamic etc...
don't know what other countries have

I would have a serious discussion on America on here.

I doubt you can seriously discuss your fucking tea, never mind anything else.

Well, it seems we're done here so I'm off. Goodnight my beloved fellow Yids, it's been nice spending so much quality time together.

Let's hope we win tomorrow and get a good draw. Draw is made 10 mins before our match; someone not in the Prem would be nice, or it might be the perfect chance for us to be #Spursy. We'd probably get someone from League One and all become a nervous wreck.

Sooo soccer in America...

We can get every BPL game every weekend via NBCSN which is huge to spread the sport. I heard you guys in England don't get the games televised, is that incorrect? Do you wish a company would have random games available?

This is all taking streaming from random sites out of the equation.

I heard you guys in England don't get the games televised, is that incorrect?

No, that's right. The Premier League only sells "packages" of matches, to stop a monopoly of the TV revenue. Hence, you'll have games spread between different TV channels, but sometimes they won't be on at all. A random company couldn't ever have "games available", because that's not how the bidding process works here. There's only 2 real sports channels; BT and Sky.

American channels also pay virtually nothing to get the rights to broadcast, in an attempt to get people interested. Your companies pay a few million, whereas ours pay billions.

Last edited:
How do you feel about Brad Friedel Jayc1 Jayc1 ? Intelligent nice bloke, no? Stalin, bit of a cunt?

I've never met him, so it's not like I have any personal feelings. I respect him, he seems nice, intelligent and I think he'll stay at Spurs after he retires and could be a good coach. He kisses Kanes arse, which is never a bad thing when a team mate is always going to the media about you.

As I said, I don't hold it against Americans that they're America. However, everyone likes someone who they see themselves reflected in. Hence, I love Stalin :adegrin:

Sooo soccer in America...

We can get every BPL game every weekend via NBCSN which is huge to spread the sport. I heard you guys in England don't get the games televised, is that incorrect? Do you wish a company would have random games available?

This is all taking streaming from random sites out of the equation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30451616

"The Premier League has opened bidding for the next tranche of television rights, for live games and highlights, from season 2016-17 to 2018-19.

There will be 168 live matches up for grabs - up from the current 154 matches, split into seven packages.

No single bidder will be allowed to acquire more than 126 matches.

The current live rights are shared by Sky with 116 games, and BT with 38, and the pair - in a battle for sports fans - are sure to be among the bidders"

Just to clarify. There are 380 games a season. Only 168 are on TV.

We get every game live here, but then we get no Capital One Cup and you have to pay for Bein Sport to maybe get a europa league game or two so it's not worth it.
and ESPN are fucking showing Liverpool vs AFC Wimbledon instead of Spurs v Burnley:walker-scream:

So you do you like some Americans then. You wouldve saved us 10 pages if you started with I dont like most Americans ive met, instead of I dont like Americans. Still ive enjoyed it so thanks for the free entertainment

Have I ever met Brad? No. Hence my original reply to you I said "I've never met him".

I'm not going to pander around the sensitivities of a few Americans who implode at the fact someone may not like them, to the point where I tell a lie.

Wow, this thread is all kinds of fucked up.

I kinda get how Jayc1 Jayc1 feels. I find American culture more and more vulgar the older I get. There's a loud, brash, immature nature to it that I find it more and more difficult to accommodate. I've found that as the years have gone by I have traveled there less and less as a result. But I think that the fundamental mistake Jayc1 Jayc1 makes is that he seems confused as to how this translates to Americans themselves. He says he doesn't like Americans because he met some and didn't like them, then he says it's not because they're American - yet then goes on to use this in conjunction with, and to reinforce, his negative view of American society. That seems to me to be trying to have your cake and eat it. He's clearly formed an underlying stereotyped view of Americans based on his experiences and linked it to America cultural attitudes, whether he's aware of it or not.

Of the Americans I know, some are loud, brash "America fuck yeah" fools. Others, however, are articulate, intelligent, calm and generally pleasant folks. It's really no different than, say, between educated Brits and chav morons. Point is that you can't judge people always as being a reflection of the society from which they come. They can only ever be judged on their individual merits.

Anyhow, now that I have set the world right, I'm going back to bed. :chicco::dwi:

So, they will have a good national team...meaning good domestic players, that have come through the youth ranks...yet a shit league? Doesn't quite add up.

Teams who tend to win the world cup (Germany, Spain etc) tend to have strong youth players and so a strong league.

I would wager that the stronger and more successful the league, the harder it is for youth of the national side to break through and the national side will suffer.... unless clubs in that country make a vested interest in club and national future

Come on guys, don't stop now. I was hoping we could get to 10 pages of cunting someone off for their opinion, mindlessly accusing them of racism, taking things they say out of context or not even bothering to read what I say half the time.

Just a reminder, there's been 8 pages of bitching because I said:

This caused you to go apeshit and fanatical. You've really changed my mind, reminding me how tactile and diplomatic Americans can be when they need to be, I now fully embrace your culture :adethumbup:

Only person who came out of this well was BrooklynYid BrooklynYid , who tried to calm the situation down. I expect Joe Clash Joe Clash to be a cunt and no doubt we will go back to our normal love in tomorrow.
I confess not to reading all the posts (and from what I've read....it's not worth the effort), just skim read a few pages, but to me you seem to just be trolling and fishing on controversial issues. Why you would hope to get to 10 pages of cunting with folks that support that the same team is beyond me.
I don't understand it.

Why you would hope to get to 10 pages of cunting with folks that support that the same team is beyond me.
I don't understand it.
ae3.png

Back
Top Bottom