Good article on soccer in USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again with the paradox. I disagree, I'm a bigot. Therefore you insult me, degrade me, belittle me because I disagree, which makes you a bigot in turn.

bigot
ˈbɪɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

From your above comment, you're most assuredly a bigot. I've so far not had a view with people holding different views; I simply commented I don't like American culture or Americans. As I said before; fanatical, zealous and almost witch-hunt like. You've really changed my view and enlightened me, by calling me a cunt :townhmm:
Keep digging, buddy. I'm going to change one word from your above statement and maybe you will be able to see what the problem is. Or maybe you are incapable of self reflection.

"I simply commented I don't like African culture or Africans."

That's not at all bigoted.

My "Out"..? From what exactly? Your accusations, which burn me to the bone and make me cry at night?
My accusations? You absolute cunt. You started out today laying into KeaneBean KeaneBean - calling him an idiot, and ridiculing his opinions, and then you breezily admit you know absolutely nothing about football, while calling people drunk and stupid. You've got problems kiddo, and it would be better for all if they weren't played out here. I've only been following English teams since the start of the summer, so on the football talk I'll have to defer to you.

what movies do you watch mate? How often have you hit kfc or mcd's for a crap (but cheap) meal...we have a great deal of culture,

Yes, my family KFC bucket was really cultural, while we watched Transformers 13. It was almost as cultural as reading The Last Man, whilst also pondering the philosophy of The Last Man, a separate work, while sat in a cathedral centuries old, listening to Mozart.

Almost, but not quite.

Keep digging, buddy. I'm going to change one word from your above statement and maybe you will be able to see what the problem is. Or maybe you are incapable of self reflection.

"I simply commented I don't like African culture or Africans."

That's not at all bigoted.

Yes. Compare several different races, several different countries, with entirely different histories and ways of life, that have feuding feelings between each other to the point of committing genocide. Also, I may as well play the race card since you're that type of person; my family is Kenyan :sandroscream:

Yes, I see how that connects to one country, with overlaying cultural themes.

I get your aim, and I get your view. "You're racist, you hate people because they're American". I understand you've barely read, never mind comprehended me view.

I don't like American society. I meet Americans, don't hold it against them, and still generally don't like them. Not because of the fact they're American.

Is that clearer, sweetheart? Or do you still want to carry on the witch hunt? I'm not sure how much clearer I can explain it.

Yes, my family KFC bucket was really cultural, while we watched Transformers 13. It was almost as cultural as reading The Last Man, whilst also pondering the philosophy of The Last Man, a separate work, while sat in a cathedral centuries old, listening to Mozart.

Almost, but not quite.
I'm a bit confused pal, I wasn't referencing the kfc or mcd's as cultural...thank you for cutting the second part of my message out. You are, for certain, an Anglophile who will not accept anything non-English...while I respect your choice, I will not engage further with you. I also enjoy many things non-football related, from 100 years of solitude to walden...also an excellent book. Perhaps I am a simpleton, that's for you to decide. Thank you for the condescension.

Yes. Compare several different races, several different countries, with entirely different histories and ways of life, that have feuding feelings between each other to the point of committing genocide. Also, I may as well play the race card since you're that type of person; my family is Kenyan :sandroscream:

I get your aim, and I get your view. "You're racist, you hate people because they're American". I understand you've barely read, never mind comprehended me view.

I don't like American society. I meet Americans, don't hold it against them, and still generally don't like them. Not because of the fact they're American.

Is that clearer, sweetheart? Or do you still want to carry on the witch hunt? I'm not sure how much clearer I can explain it.

You're better at this than football. Have you been winding people up for more than 4 years?

Last edited:
Yes. Compare several different races, several different countries, with entirely different histories and ways of life, that have feuding feelings between each other to the point of committing genocide.

No, no we're done here. I certainly didn't mean it to be a witch hunt. And I never intended to go down this path. But I've dedicated my life to fighting racism and classism, and I made a promise to myself years ago that I will confront anything that I perceive to be unacceptable intolerance. I don't know whether you truly harbor ill feelings in your heart for people based on their national origin, as you stated in earlier posts, but, like I said, I made a promise to myself many years ago that I will always confront it when I see it. I'd just request that you use more measured language when referring to groups of people in the future. But I agree, we're done here.

Well, they've dedicated the past few hours to me, so they must :sherwoodlol:
I've spent days with people I don't like, what is your point?

The problem with your arguement is that you just are just continually contradicting yourself. Culture is not an independent entity, it is an evolving byproduct of its people. As you said, people from New York are different than Dallas, and that also means that the cultures are as well. You've chosen to take some of the worst aspects of US culture and situate it as the base common mindset of all Americans. The examples you gave are the sensationalized headlines and talking points exported around the world.

You bash what you claim are commonalities across all Americans, but then claim that you aren't stereotyping people. And supposedly this commonality in Americans, which is a base motive to our entire culture, isn't meant to apply from one city to the next.

You are, for certain, an Anglophile who will not accept anything non-English.

The last man is a philosophy by Nieztsche, a philosopher from Europe (I'll just leave at Europe, since he was born in Germany, resigned his citizenship and classed himself as Polish). One of the greatest Philosophers who probably ever lived and the modern inventor of atheism.

Mozart was Austrian, but spent much of his life in Germany.

What part of my post implied I'm an Anglophile? The bit where I said I was listening to an Austrian composer? Or the bit where I said I'm thinking about a German-Polish Philosopher? Or do you simply assume I am because I refereed to a book by Mary Shelly, an English Author?

Another mindless post, which is almost comical in that you don't even google the things I talk about and make baseless accusations without even a hint of truth.

I feel like we should all make ridiculous sweeping ignorant statements now to follow Jay's lead.

Peppa Pig is English, she likes to jump in muddy puddles, therefore English people are dirty non-humans.

I feel like we should all make ridiculous sweeping ignorant statements now to follow Jay's lead.

Peppa Pig is English, she likes to jump in muddy puddles, therefore English people are dirty non-humans.
i agree,

GALL_SCG3_SS11_gallery__470x324.jpg

As you said, people from New York are different than Dallas, and that also means that the cultures are as well.

And supposedly this commonality in Americans, which is a base motive to our entire culture, isn't meant to apply from one city to the next.

You've missed the important bit, which was WITH OVERLAPPING CULTURAL THEMES.

someone in New York obviously has a far different life and view point than someone in Dallas. But there's still many cultural facets in common.

No, they're not the same. Is their culture the same? Not exactly, but mostly. Unless you're claiming some Americans aren't culturally American?

Culture is not an independent entity, it is an evolving byproduct of its people.

I disagree. Media and people in power play a huge part in spreading, or limiting, culture. Look up the Iron law of oligarchy; there are many different theories regarding culture. I think those in power control it, not the people as a whole.

worst aspects of US culture

And instead of informing me of some of the best aspects, people have just thrown mud around. Tell me, what person has tried to tell me anything culturally significant about America, or some of it's great cultural or social assets? No one. Not a single person. All I hear is "America has a lot of culture" and then you go on to tell me fuck all, which says a lot.

I don't know whether you truly harbor ill feelings in your heart for people based on their national origin, as you stated in earlier posts

I never claimed to harbor "ill feelings" to anyone. I said "I have a lack of love for Americans" or some such. Where does that imply I hate/wish ill/dislike/despise/juju curse them? I don't love my bin man. Does that mean I harbour him ill feelings? No.

You've made this a personal crusade, over absolutely nothing, because you wanted someone to accuse and someone to persecute. You wanted a victim and you wanted a criminal, so you ignored my posts, didn't read them and just spammed "RACISM!". Nice going there.

The last man is a philosophy by Nieztsche, a philosopher from Europe (I'll just leave at Europe, since he was born in Germany, resigned his citizenship and classed himself as Polish). One of the greatest Philosophers who probably ever lived and the modern inventor of atheism.

Mozart was Austrian, but spent much of his life in Germany.

What part of my post implied I'm an Anglophile? The bit where I said I was listening to an Austrian composer? Or the bit where I said I'm thinking about a German-Polish Philosopher? Or do you simply assume I am because I refereed to a book by Mary Shelly, an English Author?

Another mindless post, which is almost comical in that you don't even google the things I talk about and make baseless accusations without even a hint of truth.

Where may I find transformers 13? I referenced a book by a South American author...not sure what you mean...you've come across as anti-american...if that's your case then own it. It was surely not mindless on my part to reference a South American author/noble prize winner and a popular us writer.

Back
Top Bottom