Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usually too, when it’s a bad one he knows straight away and just goes off. The fact he tried to run it off would make you think it’s more of an impact injury than a long term one...
Just my two cents.

In all honesty, as soon as he went down the first time he should have been subbed straight off.

Considering his record of ankle injuries and the amount of games we have coming up, we shouldn't even have risked it.

I went back and watched the whole of that 4-2 FA Cup semifinal against Chelsea the other day. It was amazing how little difference there seemingly was between Kane then and now in terms of mobility. I think his mobility issues are overblown. What he really has now is stamina problems, but those are being successfully managed.

His ankles really are broken, aren’t they?
They weren’t even robust challenges that damaged them this evening. The first was a small twist that most players would shrug off and the second I didn’t even see any bend at all on the ankle??
Really is very concerning.
If he was the ticking timebomb you make out, he would've been injured by any one of the many genuinely strong tackles he's faced so far this season.

I was very concerned by what I saw in All or Nothing in terms of how injuries are treated at Spurs (and probably most big clubs). It seemed like the medical staff were fighting a constant losing battle with the coaching staff to get players adequate recovery time. I wouldn't be surprised if some combination of mismanagement of Kane's condition and ridiculous fixture crowding is the real culprit here.

Despite apparently being injury prone, he's played an absurd amount of football this season!

If he was the ticking timebomb you make out, he would've been injured by any one of the many genuinely strong tackles he's faced so far this season.

I was very concerned by what I saw in All or Nothing in terms of how injuries are treated at Spurs (and probably most big clubs). It seemed like the medical staff were fighting a constant losing battle with the coaching staff to get players adequate recovery time. I wouldn't be surprised if some combination of mismanagement of Kane's condition and ridiculous fixture crowding is the real culprit here.

Despite apparently being injury prone, he's played an absurd amount of football this season!
Can you or anyone else answer if the head medical bloke who was in all or nothing(sounded like a kiwi) is still at the club? I really felt him and José were at loggerheads.

Possibly.
Mourinho is notoriously inexplicably arrogant and prickly towards medical personnel though. Not just his disgraceful treatment of the medical staff at Chelsea, but even during our games if you look at him sometimes he gesticulates angrily or as if it irritates him when a medical professional goes onto the field to treat a player, if in Mourinhos estimation it isn’t a major problem.

Wouldn't take it as gospel obviously, but that would be a disaster.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Rumours actually 2 weeks.

The Sun saying back for 21 feb but nobody will know until he has his scan results. I have a feeling it won’t be too bad this time, but knowing our luck, I’ll be wrong. Maybe if I waste a fantasy league transfer taking him out my team it will bring him back quicker. I usually make the wrong decision!

The Sun saying back for 21 feb but nobody will know until he has his scan results. I have a feeling it won’t be too bad this time, but knowing our luck, I’ll be wrong. Maybe if I waste a fantasy league transfer taking him out my team it will bring him back quicker. I usually make the wrong decision!
Learnt my lesson with grealish, I took him out and I couldn’t afford to get him back in. I’ll risk him on my bench. Not like it’ll cost me points there.

Last edited:
It’s mental. And purely a jealousy thing.

100% it’s a pure jealousy thing. They hate the fact he proves everyone wrong. Before it was, can he do it every season. Then it was, can be do it against the elite. They have run out of things to say and hate it. They hate the fact Kane is the best striker on the planet and he plays for Spurs, it’s bitterness and jealousy all rolled into one

Back
Top Bottom