Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is a “business” man (I know don’t laugh) and there has to be a hard nose business choice here. The value of Kane is not just “us” he is after all England Captain as well. Can our club, commercially afford to sell him now? Probably not, but they will when the balance starts to change, I think within 2 seasons Kane will be gone. That’s the business move.

There are no end of top quality players that have moved from their clubs and hoped that the grass will be greener on the other side and it hasn't quite worked out.

Also, look at someone like Steven Gerrard. He didn't win the Premier League with Liverpool, but he did with the Champs League and various other domestic cup competitions. We can't say Kane hasn't had the same opportunities because he has played in cup finals. Gerrard is a legend for staying at Liverpool. He was also England captain. I don't see massive differences to be honest.

Very true and good analogy although he did win things and DID make the difference when it mattered most.

Mind you he and his family were threatened by all accounts if he were to have gone to Chelsea.

Pundits and Media “experts” can say or write whatever they like about Kane, all this stuff about he needs this or he needs that blah blah blah, it’s their pathetic journalistic jobs at the end of the day.....
Truth is no one only Kane and maybe his family know what he’s thinking, he has 6 years at best as a top class footballer playing at the highest level, and yes his window of that one “big move” will close this summer or next, but maybe Kane has other goals in life , like becoming his boyhood teams greatest player of all time? And winning just one title, just one with Spurs would mean more to him than 3 or 4 la Liga’s or that French title bollocks one, all with an outside chance of maybe a CL....But those clubs won’t remember Kane amongst their history of legend players, to be a legend at say Madrid you must do the unthinkable over a long period of time, like Ramos or Ronaldo, Jesus Bale won 3 or 4 CL’s with them and they hate him.....
This guy Shearer, holder of the ultimate record Kane hunts, only won one major trophy in his entire career, but is regarded as one of the greats of the game....
Kane deserve a major honour no doubt, it would be unjust for him not to win at least one, but maybe Kane craves that in a Spurs shirt more than anything else......One 30 league goal season from Kane and a decent return from his support cast might be enough to win a league title over the next 3 to 5 years....maybe!!
This, all day long

I remember Matt Le Tissier talking about why he never moved from Southampton despite having a number of offers from the top clubs over the years. He said he preferred being a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond. If Kane were to move to any of the other top clubs in world football, he would still be considered a top player, but he would just be considered another top striker to them in a long list of top strikers.

What do modern players want at the end of the day? To make some decent money, to win silver wear and to me remembered. Harry’s on some pretty decent money and he’s well on his way to being top scorer for Spurs, in the EPL and for England. He doesn’t need to win a bucket load of trophies to confirm his legendary status like Ronaldo. If he goes to Man City, he’ll never be remembered like Aguero is and I’ll definitely never forgive him. He just needs one or two trophies and he’ll have a statue in front of our stadium for all time.

In my opinion, he won’t leave. Not because he’s got three years left on his contract or because no one can afford him but because he wants to be remembered as a legend and he’ll only achieve that at Spurs

This, all day long

I remember Matt Le Tissier talking about why he never moved from Southampton despite having a number of offers from the top clubs over the years. He said he preferred being a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond. If Kane were to move to any of the other top clubs in world football, he would still be considered a top player, but he would just be considered another top striker to them in a long list of top strikers.

What do modern players want at the end of the day? To make some decent money, to win silver wear and to me remembered. Harry’s on some pretty decent money and he’s well on his way to being top scorer for Spurs, in the EPL and for England. He doesn’t need to win a bucket load of trophies to confirm his legendary status like Ronaldo. If he goes to Man City, he’ll never be remembered like Aguero is and I’ll definitely never forgive him. He just needs one or two trophies and he’ll have a statue in front of our stadium for all time.

In my opinion, he won’t leave. Not because he’s got three years left on his contract or because no one can afford him but because he wants to be remembered as a legend and he’ll only achieve that at Spurs
Keep the goals piling up and those records of Greaves and Shearers are Kane’s......Even one league title would be the cherry on top, imagine being that player, to be part of the first title winning side since 1961, he may even be Capitan in a year or two and that would be even better to see Harry lift that title above his head, along with being the greatest striker in the history of English football.....
If Levy has any sense he will appoint a good manager with a short term vision, to acquire the perfect team regardless of age or sell on value to win a title within 3 years.....

Keep the goals piling up and those records of Greaves and Shearers are Kane’s......Even one league title would be the cherry on top, imagine being that player, to be part of the first title winning side since 1961, he may even be Capitan in a year or two and that would be even better to see Harry lift that title above his head, along with being the greatest striker in the history of English football.....
If Levy has any sense he will appoint a good manager with a short term vision, to acquire the perfect team regardless of age or sell on value to win a title within 3 years.....
Em sarcasm?

Hmmm.m.... not sure.

No guarantees in football and that means you have to go through the other end at times.

1st abject season as a club for a long time and yet we still have a Cup final in 7 days.

You can't just bail like that and if you take Messi as an example what you do is respect your contract and the fans and show professionalism.

Levy simply has to say nope. We come before any single player.
He's not just bailing like that. Been here through thick and thin and who can begrudge him if he wants to move on to win a meaningful trophy? He's ground himself into the dirt for us at times, saved us on numerous occasions and been part of the most exciting period of spurs (poch era...mostly) that I and many others can remember.

If he goes, he goes with my support and if he stays, I love him a little bit more.

No appointing a manager with a short term view to try win trophies 🤔
I’m 100% for it, a prime Mourinho if you like, who that is? Not sure....But I’m done with this build a squad “project” bollocks, it really only drags out the disappointment over a longer period of time....Manager in, back him with a decent window to build a team for a season, or two at most, built around Kane of course....

There are no end of top quality players that have moved from their clubs and hoped that the grass will be greener on the other side and it hasn't quite worked out.

Also, look at someone like Steven Gerrard. He didn't win the Premier League with Liverpool, but he did with the Champs League and various other domestic cup competitions. We can't say Kane hasn't had the same opportunities because he has played in cup finals. Gerrard is a legend for staying at Liverpool. He was also England captain. I don't see massive differences to be honest.
Key point there being that he won the CL and various other trophies. Big difference.

Last edited:
He's not just bailing like that. Been here through thick and thin and who can begrudge him if he wants to move on to win a meaningful trophy? He's ground himself into the dirt for us at times, saved us on numerous occasions and been part of the most exciting period of spurs (poch era...mostly) that I and many others can remember.

If he goes, he goes with my support and if he stays, I love him a little bit more.

Fair enough mate.

No player that plays for us and who I consider an asset has ever gone with my support.

I just find that perverse, as though these players play for free.

What did Shearer day? Cheers in advance
"..If I was Harry Kane, nothing would piss me off like ex-pros and pundits weighing in on what he should do for the good of his career. That’s a bandwagon I’ll happily watch roll by. I’ve got way too much respect for Harry as a player and a man to offer him advice on a decision that I know for myself is rarely linear and that may not, in the end, be his to make. What I would say, though, is this: if he’s going to leave, it looks like this summer or not at all..."

Just think about this for a minute :

Harry wants to be the Al time top goal scorer in the PL and all time England scorer.

Spurs get kicked out of the PL and he's not allowed to play for England.

Harry signs for Spam to realise his aims.

:memeokay:

I've been sitting here grinding my teeth while reading through the long comments sections of both a Guardian and DM article about Kane/Spurs in which the majority consensus seemed to be that Kane isn't good enough for RM/Barca/some other elite teams, isn't world class, doesn't deserve to be in the running for PL POTS this year, and just generally isn't that good. This is what I'm talking about when I say that Spurs fans tend to overestimate how his legacy will be looked upon if he maintains this status quo. It turns out people don't really care about a player's extenuating circumstances, like having to play with a significantly weaker team. You're expected to put up the same weekly highlight reel as any other player, regardless of who you're playing for or against.

Back
Top Bottom