Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If there's anything you can't accuse him of - it's making things up.

Why?

I don't doubt there may be interest from City, but that's where the belief ends for me when he's using the usual fluffy phrasing.

I obviously want him to stay but if he's desperate to leave, 100m and Laporte would be tempting.

It doesn't say 100m + players.... It says 100m including players if we'd prefer.

It's a shit offer.

Last edited:
Bernardo Silva is looking to leave and is a Jorge Mendes client.
A lot of focus is afforded to Pep and the players "he's improved". Very little time is given to the players that he has failed to improve, Silva is one of those.

Brilliant little player, but within Pep's tight positional tactical game Silva isn't the free spirit he was before he joined.

Would love to bring him to Spurs.

A lot of focus is afforded to Pep and the players "he's improved". Very little time is given to the players that he has failed to improve, Silva is one of those.

Brilliant little player, but within Pep's tight positional tactical game Silva isn't the free spirit he was before he joined.

Bernardo Silva must have fallen out with Pep. He is one of the most talented players in the whole City squad or even the prem in his position. I would 100% take at Spurs, with the right manager he is a Eriksen/Coutinho level player.

Last edited:
Would Bernardo want to come though? I hear he is being linked to Atletico Madrid.

Money I guess, he would be part of the Kane deal, what have AM got? We can get him game time, if he weren’t at City he would walk into another other prem team, I am surprised he isn’t in the City first 11, he really is that good, he must have fallen out with Pep our something.

Regardless of the 'can we keep Kane' saga....

Do you think City would sell players to us (or any upper tier EPL team)?

Can't recall any previously.... Also see Sancho refusal when we sold Walker.....

Money I guess, he would be part of the Kane deal, what have AM got? We can get him game time, if he weren’t at City he would walk into another other prem team, I am surprised he isn’t in the City first 11, he really is that good, he must have fallen out with Pep our something.
To be fair he did start in big games last season, but in a formation without a striker so it was hard to tell where he was playing.

To be fair he did start in big games last season, but in a formation without a striker so it was hard to tell where he was playing.

It is odd. He is so talented, I rate him above Mahrez and he is more (or was) consistent than young Foden. Only De Bruyne is out and out better than him in the City squad in attack. He can do a bit of everything. Too me that points to a break down between him and Pep. But if Kane goes I would put him number one in the swap deal, he would instantly upgrade our AM position.

Why?

I don't doubt there maybe interest from City, but that's where the belief ends for me when he's using the usual fluffy phrasing.

It doesn't say 100m + players.... It says 100m including players if we'd prefer.

It's a shit offer.
It is shit, the leagues best player, most goals and assists, 27, our main man, 3 years left on a deal, HG and club trained

All those add up to a world record fee, not that City would pay that, but people on here act like we should give them a discount

'Fans' happy to get cucked for 130m

Embarrassing lack of ambition - we will always be also-rans who made good profit though

ENIC OUT!!

LEVY OUT!!

It is shit, the leagues best player, most goals and assists, 27, our main man, 3 years left on a deal, HG and club trained

All those add up to a world record fee, not that City would pay that, but people on here act like we should give them a discount

Indeed....

Ake & Jesus?

Lol... Bollocks..... Wouldn't want to buy them so why get them on a swap?

100m + Bernardo & Laporte if they wanna talk swaps.

Bernardo Silva must have fallen out with Pep. He is one of the most talented players in the whole City squad or even the prem in his position. I would 100% take at Spurs, worth the right manager he is a Eriksen/Coutinho level player.
I don't think they've fallen out, it's just that Pep's football is highly controlled and orchestrated (contrary to the belief that is free-flowing and off the cuff). I think Bernado is struggling in a highly controlled situational setup.

The only caution I would have is whether he is one of the players that can lose the ability to press, that's to say burnt out playing a high press and this is why he's struggling for game time. It's kind of impossible to really tell without seeing closely running/pressing stats for him individually. But there is a marked difference to how he plays today, to the player that they signed and the player that played in his first season with them, in that he no longer buzzes about pressing and harassing the oppo off the ball (in addition to being a baller when on the ball).

(semi-related is this is the only doubt I have with Kane, he simply doesn't press anymore, this was evident in Poch's last months but Poch had moved our high-press into a mid-block, so tactically no one was pressing high, under Jose we were low-block, but when Mason came in we were attempting to press high, it was noticeable Kane wasn't involved in this and it was left to the other players. For England, against Croatia in that first 25mins, we pressed very high and aggressively, Kane wasn't involved in this!!! I think it's a reason why we couldn't maintain that press for longer than 25mins (yes it was hot) but having that extra man high up the pitch pressing shares that load and enables it to be maintained for longer.

My ONLY concern is if he is burnt out or now incapable of pressing high. We might have to be a mid or low-block team I absolutely don't want us to be that team).

Bernado Silva is an elite top tier player, there is absolutley no way he'd be included in a pX deal....reason being is that clubs (like Atletico) who have CL football will be far more tempting than being a makeweight for us.

It's not happening anyway, but the very last thing we should do is take players in exchange - they will all feel like they are doing us a favour and won't try.

We need better motivated players, not people on a last pay day.

Time to do what you do best, Daniel.

£130mil minimum.

We'll buy our own players, thanks.

Honestly, depending on who they are I'd likely take players as part of the deal.

I have zero trust in Levy. If we got 130 million for Kane, he'd authorize 45 million of it for transfers. The rest go back into the coffers or to pay down debt.

Back
Top Bottom