Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He really isn't getting the credit he deserves this year in my opinion , probably the whole Leicester and vardy thing but all the pressure has been put on him this season and he just keeps delivering , and never lets a barren patch get to him , class

CWmrbeHWsAAhz6S

Armstrong's achievement is arguably the most impressive on that list. Man, we were the pits during his time with us.

Armstrong's achievement is arguably the most impressive on that list. Man, we were the pits during his time with us.
i always thought armstrong was meant to have been a flop. when ever i see sky sports classic games or season reviews, he is usually banging them in for us.
i just saw the 4-1 man utd win a few days ago & he got 2.

Last edited:
i always thought armstrong was meant to have been a flop. when ever i see sky sports classic games or season reviews, he is usually banging them in for us.
To endear yourself to Spurs fans as a striker you need more than just a good scoring record. Bent and Dempsey spring to mind, and there were probably others before Armstrong that I can't remember.

I liked Armstrong and his partnership with Teddy was great, he had a bad season and never rediscovered his form, shame really.

I liked Armstrong and his partnership with Teddy was great, he had a bad season and never rediscovered his form, shame really.

As I recall he never got over an injury sustained in a home game against Everton!

He badly sprained an ankle at the Park Lane end and we all groaned as we knew it was a bad one!

Good player and we didn't have many of those at the time!

I have two (negative) observations about HK, both about balance....
His upper body movement, specifically were he has a tendency to lean forward at the start of a take-on or dribble...
and his first touch which can be heavy at times but I have to admire the confidence, speed and power that he exhibits when shooting.

As I recall he never got over an injury sustained in a home game against Everton!

He badly sprained an ankle at the Park Lane end and we all groaned as we knew it was a bad one!

Good player and we didn't have many of those at the time!
Yes that's right he picked up an injury and never really recovered but a good scoring record as those stats show

I have two (negative) observations about HK, both about balance....
His upper body movement, specifically were he has a tendency to lean forward at the start of a take-on or dribble...
and his first touch which can be heavy at times but I have to admire the confidence, speed and power that he exhibits when shooting.

More often he's keeping his center of gravity above the ball, which causes him to do less work when he wants to shoot. Instead of having to get his weight forward before shooting it's already there.

CWm3av1U4AEeP4Y.jpg:large

Love this photo because its just shows a whole range of emotional responses from the Saints fans and I suspect a bit of admiration for Harry as his career with England and Spurs goes from strength to strength!

kane now has 49 goals.
he has recently overtaken...
anderton (48).
iversen & j a white (47).
berbatov, l d medley & r l steel (46).

growing up, i loved iversen & especially anderton.
those were the days!

Back
Top Bottom