Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucocku was sold for 100 million while the highest bid for Kane was 75 million plus add ons

They are the same age

They have/had the same contract length

They both have/had a 200k a week salary

And another guy named Jill Grealish who before last year Levy wouldn't spend even 40 million for just a couple years ago just sold for 100 million

What am I missing?
Lukaku was put up for sale by a club that needed to raise 100m to avoid bankruptcy - Inter Milan had to sell him or Martinez .... how did you miss that?

Grealish had a 100m buyout clause .... how did you miss that?

Kane wasn't for sale for less than 150m ... how did you miss that?

Were you even paying attention at all?

Pep sure does know football so he readily spends 100 million for Grealish and quickly gets a deal done but at the same time, complains to the media how Levy wouldn't sell Kane for 75 million + change.

Even the big spending Pep/City didn't want to give Kane Grealish/Lukaku money when Kane was begging on his knees for them to take him...
The £75m+£25m offer was their first offer. Anyone who knows anything about negotiations realises that's not what they actually valued him at.

City also informally bid £130m a few weeks ago, according to Fabrizio Romano, but Levy simply did not respond.
I suspect if Levy had been willing to sell he could have got something between £130-140m for Kane from City.

As I said, the fact City prioritised him as a CF target above Messi, Lukaku, Haaland says a lot.

Very clear from your recent posts that you have an agenda against Kane. Perhaps fair given his antics earlier in the summer. But he has now committed himself and seems to be behaving professionally in training and matches- so perhaps time for you to pause.

Kane wasn't for sale for less than 150m ... how did you miss that?
Yes, 150 million - that was the number

Did City get anywhere close to that number?

Many Spurs fans think he's worth that much but obviously City didn't think so...

So back to my point/question, what is Kane's MARKET value?

We as Spurs fans can say that he's better than XYZ striker/attacker but ultimately, we need to be able to convince the market/world that he's worth 150 million for it to mean anything.

City also informally bid £130m a few weeks ago, according to Fabrizio Romano, but Levy simply did not respond.
I suspect if Levy had been willing to sell he could have got something between £130-140m for Kane from City.
And this point is what's very frustrating...

Why didn't Levy /ENIC make a deal happen if we could have gotten 130+ million? It isn't 150 but it's damn close to it and it's a GOOD offer that no one would complain about if it indeed came through.

If there was a time to sell Kane, it was last year, when he came off one of his best seasons ever and virtually injury free. If anything happens to him fitness/injury wise over the next several months, or if he has an off season, his value is going to be cut in half and then we're seriously fucked.

I would be for keeping Kane long term but 1) it's clear he wants out, 2) we have no shot at winning anything this season or next. Keeping him for just this season is just prolonging the inevitable. If we did have an offer from City close to 150, Levy/ENIC might've fucked up big time.

Why didn't Levy /ENIC make a deal happen if we could have gotten 130+ million?

If anything happens to him fitness/injury wise over the next several months, or if he has an off season, his value is going to be cut in half and then we're seriously fucked.
True. But on the other hand, we have and would continue to have Harry Kane.

For me, 130M is more than Kane's worth. But Kane is also better than any replacement we'd have gotten with that money.

City are the only English side that can guarantee him trophies and at least 1 Premier League title before his career is over.
They might pay him £400k+ per week, but they wont pay us £150mil+

Don't see it happening. Expecting him to be with us next season.

I don't think United, Madrid, PSG etc came calling for Kane because he simply didn't want to go anywhere but City. Why would they even make an offer? He is literally glory hunting, and his goals involve being in Premier League.

There was 1 team he would leave us for which put City in what they perceived to be a position of power. Thought they could force us to sell him at some kind of mates rates because he so desperately insisted on leaving. Wankers.

He has a chance to put in a big performance when we need it tomorrow. Going top will be a statement even if only after 3 games - and mentally is more significant than where we would be mathematically. I want to see him play like he wants to put us top of the league, then continue to play like he wants to keep us there. Fuck the rest - just score goals in big games like tomorrow and Kane can win trophies with Spurs too.

Why didn't Levy /ENIC make a deal happen if we could have gotten 130+ million? It isn't 150 but it's damn close to it and it's a GOOD offer that no one would complain about if it indeed came through.

If there was a time to sell Kane, it was last year, when he came off one of his best seasons ever and virtually injury free. If anything happens to him fitness/injury wise over the next several months, or if he has an off season, his value is going to be cut in half and then we're seriously fucked.

I would be for keeping Kane long term but 1) it's clear he wants out, 2) we have no shot at winning anything this season or next. Keeping him for just this season is just prolonging the inevitable. If we did have an offer from City close to 150, Levy/ENIC might've fucked up big time.
Who was available to score 23 goals and provide 14 assists? you would have sold him and fucked us over big time ... just one of the reasons why you're not running our football club

Funny how Spurs fans think Kane's some kind of god yet the best offer we get for him is 75 million + add ons lol

Either that's what the market values him at or Levy is the worst negotiator/seller of players in the PL

I can guarantee you that Mbappe and/or Haaland would get hounded with 150 million offers immediately after they do interviews w Neville announcing they want to leave the club

We can say Kane is this and that but ultimately, if you believe money talks then other teams do not rate Kane as highly as Spurs fans

Football/athletics is the ultimate form of capitalism - if there's a good product/player out there, it will get found and someone will pay up

Or maybe Levy saying he isn't for sale means no there club wanted to even try, knowing it would probably take at least £170 million for Levy to blink.

Ever thought that City and Pep weren't actually serious about getting Kane and maybe they were just trying to unsettle us. So far we've seen nothing from the club to say they received any offer. All we've read is the usual bullshit media rumours and ITK bollocks.

City didn't appear to be that serious they were serious about Grealish they paid top money for him and done the business. Harry they would like but only up to a point it seems and while £130 m is a lot and properly too much for a player of that age etc we see that can be spent very easily on bang average replacements .

Nah Levy did the right thing here, despite Kane wanting out he's not gonna kick up a fuss, the guy was smiling and looked happy playing in the Conference League the other night ffs lol.

Also saying we have no shot at winning anything with him is a redundant argument, firstly you don't know that, football is a funny game and secondly surely we have a bigger shot at winning something WITH him then without.

At the end of the day we value Kane more than what City do clearly, selling him for £100m would be utterley stupid because it doesn't even begin to replace what he means to us.

You cannot replace Kane. Only player I can see at the moment in his position on his level is either Messi (who is better but plays deeper) or more directly Haaland who is better in some areas and weaker in others

So for us the only ‘’good deal’’ would have been two striker like Vlahovic and Martinez which would probably cost say £140m then a few upgrades in other positions to strengthen the whole team say Bissouma and Lacroix which is about £70m. That means we would really have wanted money at the upper end of the 100m plus say £170m ish to make it feasible so that we where not significantly harmed.

City put in silly bids, Kane must at least recognises yes he wanted to go but City made a mess out of it.

Back
Top Bottom